Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

twistedmentat posted:

You should probably mention A+X is finished now.

Genetic Toaster posted:

As is Avengers Assemble.

Goddamnit I hate it when I have to take a brief comic buying break. I also come back and something I like is canned....and I liked both titles...so yes that's why I posting this bitchy rant that is well out of date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So the preview for New Avengers #21's out. Um holy poo poo :stare:

Also, nice nod to TDKR. I guess there's no doubt about who Sun God is.

God I love New Avengers. I just wish that Marvel did midnight releases (yeah its a common bitch from me), I already have my codes loaded in and accepted, but until they go up, I have to just wait. I just really love how New Avengers has been building for the last year and paying off. It's just been fabulous and really is a constant example of why I love comics.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 30, 2014

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bobkatt013 posted:

A is still Caps time travel adventure. NA is still NA v Justice League v Doctor Strange.

Secret Avengers is also still pretty great.

I thought the consensus was that SA was crappy...it isn't...welp time to buy more comics.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

New Avengers should be renamed Namor Gets poo poo Done.

He may be a total god drat dick....but that was a plus in this issue. Loved it, just wish it covered more then 10-20 minutes, ie I wished it didn't end (which is really a compliment).

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

team overhead smash posted:

I'm not sure about a federal level, but at least on a state level don't at least some states allow for this defence? I'm only going by what I remember from Law Comics though, which probably isn't the equivalent of several years actually studying law.

Also presumably USA courts wouldn't be able to charge them for an offence committed in Egypt.

Sorry to necro bump this more then two months after the fact, but there are a bunch of US laws that can charge its citizens for crimes committed abroad. The most well known one, related to sex tourism, is that a US citizen cannot go abroad and have sex with a minor. Some more other well known examples have to do with terrorist training or actions committed abroad.

Sorry...I'm just pissed I missed out on superhero legal debate sperging.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

redbackground posted:

Is there a fully-filled-in version of the Avengers Machine out there? This is the most complete I found:

I feel kind of dumb asking this, but what the hell is the point of the Avengers Machine? I just thought it was a device for who was in an issue.

Also can someone explain what Secret Wars is supposed to be building too? I mean it's not just AvNA, right? I just feel like I missed out on something at some point during original sin.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Senor Candle posted:

Avengers and New Avengers are building up to Secret Wars which will happen sometime this summer. Then that is going to last for a year so I'm not sure what you're asking exactly? Also I think the Avengers Machine was supposed to be significant but was dropped so it's basically just telling you who is in each issue.

I just wanted confirm that's what Secret Wars referred to, because I thought it might be something else connected to the previous Marvel Secret Wars from the 1980s, which was mostly done as a toy tie in, right? Also it seems like AvNA is already happening anyway.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ElNarez posted:

Wait aren't the Ivory Kings the Beyonders Pym brought back? Can we drop the confusing nickname despite it being cool as heck?

Am I the only one who just thought they were a hologram or video on a data drive Pym brought back vs real deal Beyonders?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

redbackground posted:

I'm going to say yes.

Didn't Reed plug something into his computer that Pym brought back?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Codependent Poster posted:

Pym took out something from his helmet to give to Reed, and it was a picture of the Beyonders. They didn't come back.

Good that's what I thought happened.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PelvicNerve posted:

Checking release dates just blew my mind: we're getting 3 Avengers/New Avengers issues over the next 3 Wednesdays. I'm not sure about Avengers #43 but Previews has it on March 25 so that would be 4 issues in 5 weeks.

I know. I don't use the phrase "happier then a pig in poo poo," very often....but it may just be applicable here.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So yeah Beyonders......
:drat:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crusader posted:

Good thing they didn't actually come back with Pym I guess, yow.

If they can just you know kill everyone below Jack Kirby easily in the Marvel Multiverses, humanity must be such a cosmically and comically insignificant speck that it makes Lovecraft cosmic view seem quaint.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The idea of it being Tony is so beyond what I was thinking, I'm feeling kind of dumb. I just figured it was crazy alien or Lovecraft type thing.

That said I'd like to offer that it being an alt Doom would be possible....but is 616 Doom the only one left not lobtomized after the Council of Reed's, or is the idea that other uncontacted Reed's and other Doom's are out there a valid one? I only offer Doom because Hickman sort of kicked this whole plot thread off with his F4/FF run and the idea that nothing in the universe is more dangerous than Doom comes out of it. Imagine a Doom just focused on death and destruction to conquer everything by killing it....also he has a Cloak. lol

Also what ish was Tony finding the dead Living Tribunal in?

So if the destruction of the Multiverses is just the Beyonders and Dude destroying stuff what caused the incursions in the first place?

Also what faction is Dr. Strange controlling again?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I was gone a few weeks and holy poo poo....I was right about who I thought Rabum.....wow.

gfanikf posted:

The idea of it being Tony is so beyond what I was thinking, I'm feeling kind of dumb. I just figured it was crazy alien or Lovecraft type thing.

That said I'd like to offer that it being an alt Doom would be possible....but is 616 Doom the only one left not lobtomized after the Council of Reed's, or is the idea that other uncontacted Reed's and other Doom's are out there a valid one? I only offer Doom because Hickman sort of kicked this whole plot thread off with his F4/FF run and the idea that nothing in the universe is more dangerous than Doom comes out of it. Imagine a Doom just focused on death and destruction to conquer everything by killing it....also he has a Cloak. lol

Also what ish was Tony finding the dead Living Tribunal in?

So if the destruction of the Multiverses is just the Beyonders and Dude destroying stuff what caused the incursions in the first place?

Also what faction is Dr. Strange controlling again?

EDIT: Yes, I know this is 13 plus pages late and nearly 3 weeks or more...but gently caress I never guess stuff like this. :doom:

I am so drat happy....for the choice, my theory was barely a guess. I love Hickman so much.

All HOPE lies in Doom.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Apr 2, 2015

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Four Score posted:

The only store in town ordered Avengers Millenium and Avengers: Ultron Forever but neglected to order Avengers #43 :suicide:

What type of lovely town do you live in?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh just to make sure I'm reading things right people have been overwhelmingly positive to :doom:, right?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New Hickman Interview on secret wars.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/hickman-sets-the-stage-for-his-avengers-finale-marvels-secret-wars-part-1
Some :doom: stuff

quote:

CBR News: Jonathan, I wanted to kick off with the reveal that came in "New Avengers" #31 -- that Doctor Doom is Rabum Alal, one of the major and mysterious power players in the Incursion phenomenon. What made you cast him in this role?

Jonathan Hickman: First of all, he's awesome. That's always a factor. I think though that when this is all done and you look back on some of the choices, this one specifically, why we went with Doom, how it ends the "Avengers" run and how it ties into the overall story of "Secret Wars" is going to make a lot of sense.

But if I'm being completely honest, any time I could sneak in a chance to write Doctor Doom I would.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Apr 7, 2015

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hickman is possibly the 2nd biggest Doom fanboy out there so this is no surprise.

(I'm the biggest)

In retrospect it seems kind of obvious that Doom would have a large role to play, even as he seemed very much on the periphery earlier.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

When you think of his FF run, it does. I mean the agreement is that it (even if not officially stated) ties in with the current run of Avengers and New Avengers, right? I also was referring more to Hickman writing the story based evidence per se.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Chances increases if you drop an incursion on Latveria early on. No way Doom was just going to sit on that piece of mapmaker planet.

Hell Doom would become irrationally angry at the mere suggestion he would.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deadpool posted:

I actually really liked those issues.

Yeah and besides it goes run into the current arc too.

Also :doom:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This week is going go be good...last few weeks were just very...bare.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 27, 2015

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ElNarez posted:

This is important.

NEW AVENGERS, THEN AVENGERS.

Gah why does my codes guy pick today of all days to be delivering them later in the day...I'm of half a mind to just buy the drat issues at 9am from the marvel app and eBay or sell the codes here later for 2 bucks each.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

redbackground posted:

I'll just say take your time with both of them--they're both very thick, pretty dense issues (NA, especially).

How many pages?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They're out in comixology. NA is 34 and Avengers is 41.

Here we loving go.

gently caress it I'll just sell the codes later...I mean it's only $4 lost....well really $14...maybe I'll just be patient.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 29, 2015

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unkempt posted:

New Avengers question:

I know I should recognise that thing that Doom's chucking at the Beyonders but apparently I suck. What was it?

Uh yeah Ditto on that.

I broke and just bought both of them. I'm such a sperg....it was worth it though.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zoux posted:

The first thing I thought was "Is that the Baxter Building?"

Ditto

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh someone enjoy the fruits of my impulsiveness and have some free codes for Avengers 44 and NA 43. Just let me know who redeemed it.

Avengers #44: FMCJZHXUH9M1
New Avengers #33: FMCINPFCWZPA

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rirse posted:

Thanks pal, I got both.

Awesome enjoy!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rirse posted:

Just got done reading both and they were great. Liked New Avengers more through overall.

I agree, in part because it answers questions and also DOOM. :doom:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

One final gently caress you to Richards.

That would have been so Doom.

So what do people think about the idea that the Swans are Multi Universal Valeries that got floated back a month or so ago?

Also like the reference to the smaller number of Dooms in the universe as a callback to Hickman's FF.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So who were the male troops that were with the Swan in NA 1?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SirDan3k posted:

The building was a delivery system for Molecule Man as he detonated in a universe destroying Ka-Boom. Doom used the library because the Beyonders couldn't see into it and wouldn't see the Molecule Man bomb inside.

The universes all blinking out at once was when those universe's Molecule Man exploded and only a dozen both lacked a Molecule Man and hadn't been destroyed by other means.
I ♡ :doom:

That is the stuff of a proper Great Destroyer.

quote:

Cap is being a bit of a jerk but he sure as poo poo isn't acting like a fascist. Someone he trusted betrayed him and everyone from the beginning. Hickman ran with Tony Hitler a hell of a lot harder then any kind of Fascist Captain America.
Yeah, I think at the root of Cap and Iron Man is the destruction of a long friendship and betrayal of trust. I loved the call back to Avengers #5. I mean possibly next to Bucky is there anyone Steve Rodgers loved and trusted in combat and by his side than Tony Stark?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yvonmukluk posted:

The Falcon?

I dunno, more than Tony? That's not to say that Steve doesn't have tremendous love and respect for Falcon, but is it more then he has for Tony, if only based on how long they've know each other.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zoux posted:

I dunno where this fascist Cap stuff is coming from, this is how he goes after all bad guys. It's just that this time we are seeing the "bad guy's" perspective because it's the Illuminati/Tony.

I mean politically I'm the guy who should be complaining about Steve being made into fascist cap...but I'm just not seeing it. Driven and possibly a bit dickish, but not fascist.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So if it was a collection MM, and they were dead, how bad do you think the smell must have been in that thing?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think it was just the energy. When MM kills one and when we meet the first swan after Doom kills another we're shown no body remains.

But how does the energy get contained and also I'm still confused does killing a MM destroy a universe or just dick with the Beyonders plan?

Energy trap does make more sense as a pit of decaying corpses is a bit low rent for Doom :doom:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The annuals at least for NA are not on sale either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Senor Candle posted:

That's because those weren't written by Hickman.

Yeah, but if I recall NA at least tied into the story. Avengers was a very fun and sweet, but total one off.

• Locked thread