Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yes. Swan calls it a coward's choice but one many universes have taken. Our illuminati is trying to stop incursions for good.

Technically they could use something like Reed's bridge but they need to know the source universe AND have someone on that side. Incursions at the only way they have a chance to stop them.

I am curious why don't they use time travel to handle them and give themselves extra time to prep for them.

Because Age of Ultron broke time. Yet somehow a shitload of future X-Men & Brotherhood were able to travel back to the present in BotA, despite both stories being written by the same person :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I thought the entire point of Age of Ultron was to take timetravel off the table.

And yet there's time travel going on in what, 3 books right now?

What was the point of the bloody exercise?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Hakkesshu posted:

He's toxic waste because no one has done anything even remotely interesting with him for decades.

Avengers Academy.

That AoU epilogue one-shot by Mark Waid.

:colbert:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, I just learned the Avengers Undercover ends on the tenth. :toot:

You know, in case anyone cares. Maybe the teen heroes can be written by somebody who's not utterly Hopeless now?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The Question IRL posted:

I'll do an Axis thread if people want one. Can I get suggestions for thread titles. I do want to make it either a joke about P'S controllers or "The Red Skull casts Change Allignment. Make a DC 52 Will save. " but I will gladly go with a better suggestion.

And yet you not only ignored the correct SIXIS title, you then didn't even make the DC 52 will save joke! Booooooooo. :colbert:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They should use the conclusion to Hickman's run to relaunch the Ultimate line into a "Multiverse" line where they can tell whatever stories they want to tell. Throw Secret Wars and all these even re-tellings under the same line. It also lets Bendis continue Ultimate Spidey without the burden of having to carry the Ultimate line anymore.

It also gives us the chance for more Sp//der, Spider-Gwen and any other alternate event without having to force them into 616.

Oh, maybe they could do a new series for Spider-Girl, too! Maybe a miniseries, I'd like to see a little more of her-oh, wait. :smith:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Starsnostars posted:

The New Avengers #30 cover looks so cool but I almost don't want to know what bad stuff happened to all those Captain Britains. :ohdear:

Also, poor Spider-Britain!

Poor Spider-UK. He (presumably) survived the culling of Spiders in Spider-Verse, only to get whacked with the rest of the Corps in a completely different crisis. Talk about bad luck.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

twistedmentat posted:

They at least had the smarts to include a panel of Laura looking sad after he left. Then she shacks up with Angel.

loving Bendis. Why is she even in that book?

She should have stayed with the Avengers but nooooooo, all mutants MUST be in an X-Men book.

I miss Avengers Academy. :smith:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I keep trying to get into Hickman's Avengers, but I just find everyone involved too unlikeable. Why should I care about any of these people? They're just being petty assholes instead of addressing the real problem. Plus the whole 'Illuminati blew up a planet after murdering its superheroes who were looking for another way'. Still having trouble getting over that. I mean it's a well-told story, but I just can't muster up the energy to care.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Gatts posted:

Think the next issue of Avengers is gonna have a throw down with Rabum Alal and the Ivory Kings? Or do we still have an issue where we see the Britain Corps get decimated trying to stop em?

I still want the Spiders to replace the Britain Corps.

I find it hilarious Spider-UK is apparently going to survive Spider-Verse only to die in this. And since the entire multiverse is dying, how many Spiders are going to go home to their universes/earths exploding?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

hope and vaseline posted:

Cap at this point is literally an elderly right-wing conservatist unable to see reason, blinded by a single-minded focus that should have been set towards, oh, I don't know, saving the multiverse. It's perfect that he suddenly hyperaged.

Except that's 180 degrees from his established characterization in the Marvel Universe and his historical origin in 1930s New York. Dammit Hickman, I know you have to turn everyone not on Team Sunspot into assholes, but couldn't you try and be a bit more in line with his actual character? Hell, Sue still being on Reed's side is kind of tenuous, considering she broke up wtih him in Civil War after he contributed to Goliath's death, and yet she's perfectly friendly with him after he was party to the murder of a planet, along with Namor, who continues to participate in planet murder?

Ugh. Someone give me a yell when Secret Wars starts. Hopefully that will be better.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I don't think it's ever coming back. It's events all the way down, now.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Nobby posted:

To be fair, they haven't stopped writing those kind of Avengers stories, they just write them in Avengers Assemble, Mighty Avengers, Avengers World and the like.

And now SHIELD, or as it is properly called Agent Coulson and His Amazing Friends.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Senor Candle posted:

Something just occurred to me this morning while looking through Brevoort's tumblr asks. I'm like 99% sure that the Ultimate Universe has it's own Illuminati and they have been blowing up earths the same as 616. I don't know why this just occured to me since now it seems really obvious but that's how I'm guessing it's going to end with an incursion between 616 and 1610.

Wasn't that the Ultimate FF in charge of dealing with incursions?

And the final incursion being between 616 and 1610 isn't exactly something they've been keeping secret, they're literally recycling the cover of Ultimates #1 for an upcoming issue of Avengers.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lurdiak posted:

Ye, that's what I was thinking. Other than Sue Storm, only z-listers are missing. Maybe Joker138 is a huge fan of Jackpot and Frankie Rayes?

Spider-Girl's not a Z-Lister!

She's a D-Lister.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lurdiak posted:

I hope whoever writes this book doesn't ruin Kamala. :( Teen heroes being put in a team book with other teen heroes is never good news.

New Teen Titans.

:colbert:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Aw, there's not Hank Pym. I thought we all agreed that Mark Waid was The Best Pym Writer.

Points for Marvel for not throwing out She-Thor and FalCap as soon as the movie came out, and using them in the FCBD. These are the Avengers now, you gotta deal with it! :colbert:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

zoux posted:

It's like, if you only had a few hours to live, how would you spend it? "Beating the poo poo out of Tony Stark".

So the think that Steve says Tony was lying about, that was simply pretending that the new Avengers team was an important thing when it was just a means to distract superheroes while the Illuminati blew up planets?

I think it was the idea that there was any way out of the incursions-that Tony knew the whole time things were hopeless.

Which is a legitimate complaint. That's kind of my attitude to the death march to Secret Wars. Hopefully that will actually be, you know, entertaining.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Leper Residue posted:

It never ceases to amaze me how much of an idiot you are.

How is he wrong? All of that stuff happened in the book.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

gfanikf posted:

Yeah, I think at the root of Cap and Iron Man is the destruction of a long friendship and betrayal of trust. I loved the call back to Avengers #5. I mean possibly next to Bucky is there anyone Steve Rodgers loved and trusted in combat and by his side than Tony Stark?
The Falcon?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

redbackground posted:

Doctor Strange and Hyperion, you get out of that 2-page spread right this instant!

Also weird that Carol's still in her SHIELDvengers colours when the Secret Wars #1 preview has her back in her full-colour version. I mean, I thought her costume was created by her powers, but why would she change the colour scheme mid-fight?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I smell sitcom!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

SirDan3k posted:

Spiderman: Somebody didn't flush!

*Cyclops makes degeneration x gesture with his arms* cue canned laughter.

SirDan3k posted:

Spider-man has to teach everyone to use the toilet it's his character hook. Also there is only one toilet on the ark.

'Not Again!'

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

SirDan3k posted:

It was dumb, "we could have something something feel good platitudes TOGETHER" Blue Marvel is an anchor around the series with his golden age Superman bullshit like every other Superman analogue I look forward to him running around on a farm with lots of room with the Sentry and that one superskrull raised in Kansas and a dozen Hyperions.

Hey, he admits that it might have been no more successful than the Illuminati's own efforts. But it's preferably to the secret club of elitist pricks who ultimately failed miserably.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

PaybackJack posted:

So when the incursions come up, it makes a lot of sense why you wouldn't want to bring too many people in on it because it hinders your ability to actually make a decision; and when that decision is saving the universe you should probably make one and stand by it. Blue Marvel's speech to Reed struck me more as "I can't believe I didn't get an invite." rather than "Maybe Luke Cage could have figured out how to save the day when 5 of the smartest people in the MU couldn't."

At best you would have ended up with a situation where when the first incursion happened, we repeated Galactic Storm where the two groups go their separate ways; and at worst we would have ended up with Civil War where the two groups fought to the death over who was right in a situation where the earth might not even have ended up being saved.

Except Blue Marvel said that they excluded 7 billion people from the decision making process. Not that he, personally, didn't get called in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

PaybackJack posted:

I felt like he was complaining that they didn't invite everyone to the dance, but he probably wouldn't be complaining if they'd invited him and not the other 7 billion people. He happened to be in the group that got excluded and was arguing that everyone should have been included, but really as guy with a somewhat unique powerset that they could have played around with as a solution, and as another big brain scientist his ego was probably a little sore he didn't get invited while Cho and Pym did. He's a smart enough guy to see that given the choice the people of earth probably would have just gone with the Cabal option anyway.
Or he could have genuinely felt that maybe letting everyone's voices be heard on this was better than 'five guys are going to decide how to save the world because gently caress you plebs'? Hell those assholes were literally going to let the world die and not tell anyone at one point?

It is possible Blue Marvel was actually sincere with his views, you know.

• Locked thread