Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Am I the only one who started feeling like the Sentry is going to come into this somewhere, after Sun God pulled off a 'power of one million exploding suns' style hyper combo there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

The whole reason the Illuminati are keeping things hush-hush was pretty much directly outlined when they brought Cap in (and being re-lampshaded with Sun God). When you have no other option but commit planetary genocide to save the Earth, a lot of people are going to go with the 'hope' plan and it's a pretty big ask to have the entire thing rest on optimism.

The Illuminati are basically an organization that is set up to perform what they see as a necessary evil for what they see as a greater good, avoiding dragging anyone else down (hence the secrecy) or leaving anything up to chance and optimism (hence this particular collection of dour moral relativists).

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jun 15, 2014

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Actually, in that context, it sort of makes sense that he'd just do it all over again. With the benefit of his partial hindsight, it does seem like it worked out better than the first time.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

The 100th Anniversary Avengers was good, and extremely pretty. Not that the latter was much in question.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Madrox posted:

So pretty. I haven't picked up any of the other 100th Anniversary issues, but when I saw Stokoe was on art/writing, I had to have it. It is kind of a painful tease at what would be one crazy Avengers run. The 'next issue' blurb for a comic I want immediately, but isn't coming, is kind of mean.

Seriously. They should just make this into an ongoing, right from this starting point. Have everything be in media res, and keep dropping references to stuff that don't exist. It's playing my imagination like a piano.

• Locked thread