Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Does anybody else using the mac version have a shitload of crashes since S9? Even on minimum settings I'm crashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Da Mott Man posted:

Two words. Zero. Testing.

It crashed way way less on Tribble :(

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Since Season 9? So like... the last 2 hours?

Yes. I patched and now I can't stay logged in long enough to turn in contra.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

-Troika- posted:

What's wrong with the new beams?

They don't do anything useful I'm guessing.

Also gently caress I hope the new patch tomorrow fixes the crashing.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

300 Earth Dollars posted:

Theyre AP but instead of the +Crit Damage bonus they have a small % proc to push the target about 500meters

That's even worse than I thought.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

Mac people who Are crashing - turn your graphical settings back down. I was fine until I went to Earth space dock and kept crashing. I set my graphics to medium again and the crashing stopped.

This is on a MacBook Pro.

I crashed with graphics settings on lowest. Maybe it's worse for ATI cards? Wouldn't surprise me at all.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

After the most recent patch it feels like the OSX version loads maps two or three times as fast.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

I just updated my mac with an SSD so, I can't even really notice. :shobon:

Maybe it was some weird ATI thing, but loading times were pretty noticeable even with an SSD until today.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

MikeJF posted:

I'm Windows, but I swear there's some weapon or effect the Undine and only the Undine fire that reduces my framerate to a slideshow.

Probably just too many transparent things in fluidic space?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Solo-queueing Starbase 24 is an option for Feds who hit the loot cap.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Tuskin38 posted:

So, it seems BranFlakes is the Lead Community Manager for FireFall now. That was fast.

He's great at self-delusion, which is probably the skillset most needed for that particular position.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

People complaining about the Undine elites being hard though just blows my mind.

The only thing hard about the Undine elites (or at least Viscous Cycle) is getting things lined up for your DHCs. Jesus.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

By the way, does anyone else think the Undine Planet Killer looks a lot worse than all the other Undine ships? It looks a lot less organic (especially at the front) and simultaneously a lot more turd-like.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Bloodly posted:

I'm curious as to the kick. It's not a move I've seen.

Don't you do different things if you keeps spamming melee?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Asimo posted:

... Yeah, better on the normal skin. Unless you want the IRW XBone. :v:

Is there a way to have a macro say something on a delay? Because the IRW Kinect with increasingly desperate voice commands sounds fun.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Nessus posted:

That site looks more like the front page for account theft through ignorant-rear end emails. That said if the scammers are taking note, maybe STO is getting popular enough to be worth robbing?

Yeah, it felt like the kind of thing someone with limited english skills would make to harvest emails, like all those WoW email scams.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

:toot: Good timing, it was getting kind of tight for me.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Definitely 90 million credits.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

g0del posted:

It doesn't suck, but to make the most of it you really need the other two jem'hadar ships, which makes it a really expensive ship to fit, and I think the scimitar is still better.

Yeah the 500mil or so for the bugship pets is a bit of a killer. I wish I could give you mine, I don't fly it much.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

You're right. They totally need to give us more Cardassian ships.

I still think they should do a one-per-faction ship pack with account-bound consoles. It's the only way to make people buy a klingon ship.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

HiroProtagonist posted:

^^^^^ Yeah, I'm already using it, but it's pretty amazing and everyone who uses AP should use it also.

fakeedit: I guess that means I need seven beams vOv

Six since you should also be using a cutting beam.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Variety is the spice of life, right? Right?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I have a character with the 'vette, I should look into getting a cruiser too. I'm hoping the stats will be decent.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

Is there something interesting I can do with prisoners as a Klangon? Since I finally got out into fed space and started raiding I'm fairly swimming in them. I haven't found anything other than sell them or wait for the occasional sell to Orions doff mission which doesn't really come up enough.

Turn them in at the guy you turn contra in to.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Asimo posted:

There's also military missions in Eta Eridani and one or two other contested zones that let you turn in 5 prisoners for 500 dil with way higher success rates too. But yeah, they're basically a bonus dilithium source and don't feel bad about shoving some out the airlock if you're too lazy to turn them in.

It's four prisoners, so they're a really great value, the problem is they're not always up and they take 8 hours.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

I wonder if the risian cruiser will get the cruiser command stuff. It'll be the first ship available to the roms to have it I think.

Other than every lockbox cruiser.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

DatonKallandor posted:

8 Beams is a little ridiculous for a newer player. He probably doesn't have the doffs and various zen/fleet bits and bobs that make that not dunk the weapon power. It's not like he can't have all his 7 beams FAWing and have an enemy in the front arc to torpedo.

Since enemy ships are not points it's entirely possible to have part of the enemy in the firing arc for both aft beams and front torps.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

That's more turn and impulse than the excelsior.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Repairing Utopia Planetia or whatever is pretty good for rewards fed-side too.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Korgan posted:

Guess which one is my toon. Screenshot by Atquick, you make me look good.

That dark elf's feet are melted to the board.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Hakarne posted:

Once your scim is decked out, the Borg will do little more than tickle you. Just keep your speed up to maintain defense and you should easily be able to burn down whatever they throw at you.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a Gate can do a surprising amount of damage if you get too close.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Asimo posted:

It's also immobile. If you're actually getting dangerously hurt, just fly away. :v:

Yeah, but sometimes I zone out and do end up dying.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Acer Pilot posted:

You guys are bad at scims.

My scim isn't the ship I occasionally die to gates in.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

eriktown posted:

A lot of crazy poo poo goes down in EVE, but it's frequently more fun to read about it than play it.

I should know :negative:

Capital ops are great because I can read the forums while waiting to right-click something. gently caress taking gates.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

zombie303 posted:

I am currently in Goonswarm in Eve and a huge Star Trek fan. Was wondering if it was worth a try.

It costs nothing so give it a shot.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Right now I'm doing the grind on two characters, one for the Cruiser, one for whatever comes out next year (since I have the corvette already).

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Dante posted:

Thanks. I gotta say that the mac client for this game is a real piece of poo poo. Even getting through character creation is a loving drag because the colours, lightning and textures keep spazzing out. I'm tempted to just bootcamp it instead.

Lower the graphics settings. The defaults probably turn on something that doesn't work (there are a LOT of candidates for that).

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

works ok for me at about half on both sliders

mind you i can play in windows on the same machine at max everything, so ya, it's a pos

I imagine they press whatever "build" button Cider gives you and then it's good to go right?

The EVE Online mac client is better, and I hate hate hate the way they handle that.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Badger posted:

Arg, took some time off STO and now I've missed the boat on the fabulous risian space boat.

Pretty sure you can still get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

They need to bring back the Attack Pattern doffs, those things are vital if you don't want to do A2B (although MAYBE you could do 2x APB and Aux2Damp with the doff for A2D).

• Locked thread