Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Could it genuinely be that there is enough of a well of stupidity, ignorance, nostalgia and what are no doubt too many mental instabilities to list to sustain STO perpetually?

I guess there are some ideas more depressing than the eventual heat death of the universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

DancingShade posted:

The height for me was the gassing of old drozana.

People screaming about their laptops melting down because of the particle effects :allears:

I can never be certain, but I'm pretty sure that keyboard macro I made to continuously gas/Q flash/warp speed effect Drozana and then left on for 5 hours while I went out is what fried my first decent video card.

Anybody still have any of those GIFs from back then? I don't think I saved any from those days, unfortunately

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

hakimashou posted:

One of the cryptic devs is friends with oats and invited them as his guests.

He flew to California and met up with butts, and the two of them went to the studio and gave the devs dental supplies such as floss, tooth brushes, and tooth paste, as well as the Klondike bars, and got to meet everyone and see everything.

This is wonderful. Hail Butts.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Cynic Jester posted:

This truly is a magical thread that keeps on giving.

I honestly could not have imagined at launch this empire of mental instability and emotional ruin would be the result of STO. More than once I was certain the game would be dead within a year, yet it lingers.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Ludicro posted:

Interesting how old designs from the 70s and 80s look better than almost everything anyone puts out.

Goddamned right

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

There'll be no ice cream for him tonight

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Unguided posted:

I'll agree that it's better than AA Trek.

You would, you child!

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
So, I have a machine that can run this more than sort of now and I was wondering what to do, basically. There's all this poo poo that's been added and I don't even know if it's worth it to farm dilz with my klang alts. I'm lost and most of this game seems like menu clicking now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Coq au Nandos posted:

Just gently caress off.

I only periodically lurk this thread these days but I feel I have to agree with this and further point out that people who insinuate themselves into other social groups at no one's request are pathetic as gently caress

• Locked thread