Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
drat, that does look sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What's wrong with the new beams?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Patch notes for tomorrow.

quote:

General:

“Surface Tension” can now be replayed by Romulan Captains allied with the KDF.
Added a Tier 5 dilithium hourly project to each personal reputation system similar to the same dilithium hourly project found in other tiers.
This project will always be available at Tier 5.
This will reward 340 dilithium and a rewardpack.
Resolved an issue which was causing a crash on New Romulus.
Hirogen Enhanced Battle Armor now costs 200 Lobi once again.
This was incorrectly set to 50 Lobi.
Fluidic Antiproton Wrist Lance now costs 50 Lobi.
This was incorrectly set to 200 Lobi.

Known Issues:

Some players are experiencing graphic related crashes.
New kit modules and frames do not have their own search category in the Exchange.
Active Reputation Powers are not placed into your tray when selected in the Traits window.
They can be slotted by dragging them from the powers list into the tray.
The door to Quinn’s old office has not been hooked to a new location on new ESD for Foundry missions.
This will cause some Foundry missions to not work if an objective was to use this door in the mission.
Assimilated Romulan Republic characters have Tal Shiar costumes.
Some backgrounds in interact windows with NPCs on new ESD still show old ESD backgrounds.
Telekinesis trait cannot be slotted.
Kits in your inventory cannot be equipped by double-clicking on them.
You can drag and drop slot them.
Dyson Sphere ground textures may have graphical issues when antialiasing is set to “none”.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Provided you have the lockbox trait that gives mines +100% seek radius, they're quite good now.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Biotech patch boosts the healing from the borg set. This trait is so great-- I'm not running any hull healing skills at all and I have no problem staying at decent amounts of HP.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I love cover shield :laugh:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ludicro posted:

General rule of thumb is you can have friends in Dental provided they don't act out of order, and you understand you are responsible for their conduct.

Speaking of which, can someone invite Vlad@malikcarr to the channel and SFD?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How the heck are some of you at CC T4 already? :psyduck:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Asimo posted:

Yeah. It gets a lot of (sometimes well-deserved) mockery, but the game is honestly basically unrecognizable from its lovely launch state. The F2P scheme is easily one of if not the best MMO payment schemes on the market, yes even with the lockbox gambling crap, and there's a whole lot of intelligent game design and quality of life features that Cryptic's done that you really, really miss in other games. A single unified server, non-unique character names, the complete lack of endgame raiding-style bullshit, the fact they've managed to work with an endgame itemization that's almost entirely sidegrades rather than a constant treadmill, actually having a unique combat type as a main focus (space shooting), and so on. It's a massively underrated game and almost everyone I know whose tried it continues to play it off and on.

The trait rework has also made ground combat a lot cooler to do since you no longer have to gimp yourself for space or ground.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I personally think Elachi disruptors are better than fleet.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
For Borg poo poo, if you're an engineer, bring Weapons Malfunction. Use it on anything with Tactical in it's name.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The grenade on the KHG rifle isn't terrible, but iirc it has a really long reload compared to most secondaries. It does knock Borg down, which is nice.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Preechr posted:

Pulsewaves are shotguns, and therefore the most fun. Split beams have great versatility. Basically, don't use pistols and you'll be fine.

I got a 1600 damage crit with a compression pistol the other day.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
That guy is literally the only guy who has ever posted about aatrek in this thread, it's amazing.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Goddamn this new interface. I accidentially sent one of my purple doffs to an officer exchange and didn't notice till it was done :argh:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The Xindi carrier looks pretty kickass on paper. Lt commander tac and turn rate of 9 and 4 tac consoles AND launches frigates? That's pretty nice.

How good are it's special pets?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How do I measure my DPS?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I just dropped a metric fuckload of Xindi kits in the bank, so hopefully they come in handy for people who just hit 50.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Some pubbie fat fingered a Xindi carrier and posted it for 25 mil instead of 250, and I got it. That's going to be one salty pubbie later :cawg:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If they want to make boarding parties better, they should make them go faster, and make boarding parties cause hull damage while they're affecting you.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Can someone give T'Troika@-Troika- the ability to slot fleet projects for NoP please? I'm on more than the other people who can do it and thus I can pop them up more efficiently. The NoP dil mine has no projects at the moment :shobon:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Are any of you able to make those omni-directional beams? I could really use a plasma one with the [over] mod :shobon:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I read a dev post on the forums and their explanation for the massive HP is that players have been bypassing a lot of enemy abilities simply by killing them super fast with AoE attacks; their idea is that by forcing players to concentrate their fire on individual threatening enemies instead, enemy abilities will be able to come more into play than they do now.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I can make omni beams now, so if you want one mail the poo poo to T'Troika@-Troika-.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What does the adapted BC get?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
LOCKBOX:
Mobius: +1 Tac
Wells: +1 Sci
Tal'Shiar BC: +1 Sci
Tal'Shiar DD: +1 Sci
Bastion: +1 Eng
Palisade: +1 Tac
Dromias: +1 Eng
Narcine: +1 Eng
Contortix: +1 Eng
Reculse: +1 Tac (Woot!)
Monbosh: +1 Eng
S'Golth: +1 Tac
D'Kora: NO UPGRADE BUTTON
Apex: +1 Tac
Hunter: +1 Tac
Jem DNV: +1 Eng
Jem Esc: +1 Tac
Galor: +1 Eng
Adv. Obilisk: +1 Tac
Nicor: +1 Sci
Orb Weaver: +1 Sci

EVENT:
Plesh Brek +1 Eng
Chel Gret: +1 Eng
Risian Corvette: +1 Eng
Risian Cruiser: +1 Eng

FED:
Kumari: +1 Sci
Fed Dyson DD: +1 Eng
Steamrunner: +1 Tac
Khyzon:+1 Eng
Chimera: +1 Tac
Atrox: BROKEN, NO ADD, LOSES SHIP ICON
Galaxy X: +1 Eng
Ody Sci: +1 Eng
Ody Tac: +1 Tac

KDF:
Bort Tac: +1 Sci
Bort Command: +1 Sci
Kar'fi: +1 Eng
Peg'Qu: +1 Tac
Marauder: +1 Tac
Kling Dyson DD: +1 Eng

ROMULAN:
Ar'Kif Retrofit: +1 Sci
Mogai + 1 tac
Tvaro + 1 sci
Deridex +1 eng
Dhelan +1 tac

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

hakimashou posted:

Did anyone watch the stream? Is launghingtrendy transgendered?

who gives a poo poo

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
This is why you trade lockbox ships face to face instead of using mail.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The only reason to use the borg launcher is to make things disintegrate when you kill them with a high yield torp. Admittedly this is a pretty good reason!

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Unguided posted:

Lore question: is there anything of note the game is missing by not having the license to use stuff from the cartoon? Besides the Kirk is a Jerk uniform, that is.

Kzinti :(

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
From what the devs on the forums say, a) intelligence doffs can't be converted from existing ones and b) an intelligence doff is still limited to four space and four ground abilities, so you'll have to choose which intelligence skills you want to use carefully. Which is annoying because some of them look pretty good on paper :(

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
That upgrade system doesn't look completely awful.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
For undine marks just do the space battlezone once a day. It's super easy and you also make a shitload of cash.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Just save up money and buy upgraded crap off the exchange or something.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I think it's just intel ships specifically.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:downs: I upgraded my kin cutting beam to mk XIII and I now no longer get the set bonus from having the assimilated module... which can't be upgraded yet.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Everything about this early rollout is hilarious.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm still torn between the intel warbird and the normal T6 warbird. :negative:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What's a good setup for the Romulan intel warbird? Once it's out, that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Baron Porkface posted:

Under what conditions do I want mines on my ship?

You want the lockbox trait that makes mines have 100% more seek distance, and also Omega Kinetic Shearing. Then they can be worth using.

• Locked thread