Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Cool game I get to role play a fire fighter in space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

This is the real reason you should pick this game up or restart playing as of Patch 9, here was my character before the patch:

Now here he is after the patch:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

That is seriously amazing :allears:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

:pedophiles:

Tuskin38 posted:

There is something wrong with Hiven's eyes

http://puu.sh/8HpZt.jpg

:downs:

Subyng posted:

Well I know what my next character is going to be.

:wtc:

This forum has way too many smilies, but they're great :allears:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

MikeJF posted:

Obviously the most critical thing to get from the Zen store is the Seven of Nine breastsuit race of Space Cats, buy both of them.

Fixed that for you.

Just repeating what people have already said, EC Increase then more character slots so you can get more Dil and buy everything. If you're not wanting to farm or whatever just get costume slots cause barbie dress up is the best part of any game.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The endgame is to go and annoy pubbies and beat them down in PvP, for this is the noblest cause.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Hey can I get wiki access, name is Shogunate on there. (Warning, I may be a spy :ssh:)

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I think I'm a bad person for laughing too much at that last line.

Why is Frankie Boyle a smilie?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

HiroProtagonist posted:

That is exactly the sort of post a spy would make >.>

My in game title is Spy, I'm not denying the fact :ssh:

This four year plan will pay off soon.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Berke Negri posted:

I don't even want to know what "extreme busting" relates to unless it involves high octane ghost hunting.

Busting makes me feel good :wiggle:

I decided to do some snooping on him when I was bored, turns out all of his characters are dickgirls/shemales/no homo and can be bought for services of 10k :negative:

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 23, 2014

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Also I'm going to guess extreme busting is like bukkake or something.

Welp curiosity got the better of me and I just down the google route.

Turns out it's ball busting :stare:

This is why we fight the pubbie hordes.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Atrayonis posted:

And when you have made 5 and have all accolades, you can build a sand sculpture too:

The most important feature is that once you've built 5 you get the ability to kick other people's sandcastles over.

Pubbies get very defensive over their sandcastles :v:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

300 Earth Dollars posted:

why does everyone instantly think "oh my sto character that looks like it's from a lovely 2004 FPS is in a bathing suit now so I should take 700 screenshots and post them everywhere"

and no im not complaining about the funny ones

like who thinks their trill w/ a reading rainbow visor in a bikini is "cool"?

I'll have you know I'm a pretty space princess and I want everyone to see my majesty:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I think you just :airquote: enhanced :airquote: their experience sadly :cthulhu:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The first one for sure, the disco ball blends in too much with the other colours while the Red stands out more. Maybe try the Klingon/Discoball one but with the Klingon symbol red?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Kitchner posted:

I'm now paranoid the ship fitting I was using was god awful (though the ship itself is apparently god awful).

A god awful ship can be somewhat redeemed if it's kitted out right, the same can not be said of an amazing ship kitted out poorly.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

MoraleHazard posted:

I rolled a tactical Klingon to start. I'm gathering from this thread that playing a Klingon as a first character is just fine. Is this accurate?

Also, is STO like EVE where one can PVP even as a newbie? Or is there some minimum character level that one has to grind out to at first?

Klingons are better characters in the sense that they'll make more loot which you can turn into in-game cash to buy things that would otherwise cost real money, but for a first time character just pick whatever takes your fancy.

Also I want to say Lv. 10 is the PvP level and even then I'm think you'll still want to be near end game before doing PvP, although pubbies in this game are so awful you could most likely take them at Lv. 10 :v:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

SKY COQ posted:

Much more interested to see what this year's ship will be. And whether anyone from Cryptic was lurking in TheNextGooneration yesterday when we discussed the best idea for a new ship since the Vesta:

I'd love to fly through space in a giant USB.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Yo I wanna playing this dumb game full of butts, is it still a massive space butt?

No offence meant Butts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

How's the game right now? Is it a good time to jump back in? Or is it still a terrible mess? I was level 50 before I stopped but they've raised the level cap to 60 right?

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 20, 2017

• Locked thread