Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
The new OP is incredible. Thanks for putting it all together, Ludikro. I would like to just pop in and request this be added to the video list: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtVYyZaz7f8
It's the Dental ticker tape parade on Bajor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
I made a thread on the forums not so subtly mocking all the bizarre pubbie complaint threads that inevitably get created after the launch of any season, FE, expansion, and so on, and, to my utter shock and dismay, it appears that many pubbies 1. didn't get it, or 2. took it completely seriously anyway

quote:

Well, if you really don't see another alternative, go to your fleet base and simply change there. Dental is too big a fleet to not have unlocked a tailor in the base, the embassy and the mine yet.

And please, go take your troll somewhere else. You call most of us trolls, but yet here you are complaining about how your Dental oversized character doesn't fit in a human-sized change room.

quote:

I don't think they had your character's species in mind when they designed the dressing rooms. Most humanoids tend to be about the same size.

quote:

This game is made with Humans / Federation in mind first and foremost. Aleien races are obviously a bit of an after thought in this game.

Regardless - I am a Gorn Klingon Warrior and would have it no other way!
I am sure the Federation experience is great, however we know much about the federation from the old tv series and films. We have much less insight into the Alien cultures of startrek so when I started this game last year and saw that I could be a Klingon (A gorn no less!) and a Romulan, it was a simple choice for me to go for the aliens.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1091051&page=3

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Da Mott Man posted:

Not really, but they should be archived for the next generation (lol) of dentals. Should add free of dental or whatever it was called for posterity as well.

I've been updating it irregularly, but I haven't really touched it for about two months or so. It does deserve to be archived because pubbies literally believe it is our "griefing" handbook, and some check it regularly.

Edit: If anyone can, while their browsing the STO forums, try to bump my thread. I want pubbies to have to deal with an obvious troll thread amidst their incessant whining.

EditEdit: Haha, the Dev is weighing in:

tacofangs posted:

Dressing rooms generally only cover an area from the knees to the head, in my experience. There's nothing stopping someone from walking up and peering over the door.

Same with restroom stalls.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Apr 23, 2014

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Squeeki Nbreeki reporting in to let you know that if you receive any PMs or anything from out favorite pubbie @marquisitor to send them my way! I'm creating a scrapbook of precious pubbie moments.

For those not in the know, here's a quick breakdown of events:
He was complaining about something on Droz, and I got word that he has an alcohol problem, and I made some comment about him being a drunk, and how that must affect his IRL relationships He went off about his dead son for hours. He then accused me of being an IRL mass murderer, a child rapist, and a child. However, despite all those heavy claims, his masterstroke burn is my "squicky" voice. He's also said that I should receive the death penalty. Additionally, I've been told by very reliable sources, that when members of his fleet leave, he curses them in the name of his dead son.

Perfectly normal, well-adjusted person.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Good news, everyone!

quote:

[Service and Trade] High Executor Kinsha@hkinsha01: and Nibreeki. you are a goon, you are a dental, AND you are NOP. so by orders of the channel leaderships and rules. GTFO or be muted

quote:

[Service and Trade] Alpha Iradan@Megacharge: High Executor Kinsha has been terminated from the channel for being an asswipe

quote:

[Service and Trade] Alpha Iradan@Megacharge: he was telling people to STFU and cussing and personallyu insulting people, thats against channel rules

And there we go!

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

300 Earth Dollars posted:

i uh wow

that's gotta be some kinda "view from the top" troll

No, I can tell you that he is definitely not trolling. I have dealt with him a lot on the forums, and every single time, it is completely ridiculous.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Hmmmm....I wonder: https://my.secondlife.com/marquisnoir

quote:

Interests
Bdsm, bondage, slave, self bondage, spanking, rlv

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Ludicro posted:

http://pastebin.com/Xe7mLhuj

Here's an old pastebin from early 2013, might be the first encounter with him?

That's hilarious, and yeah, I think that might be around when he first popped on the scene. I seem to remember him hanging around Droz demanding we leave "his station" several times before having his dead son meltdown. That's probably it right there.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Ludicro posted:

So I logged into STO today, and found this in my mail inbox.

So lets see what we have here then...

Full album is at this address http://imgur.com/a/IueG5

Well Sanusi L. Sanusi, I have to hand it to you :golfclap:

5'd. This is the funniest thing to happen for a long time.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Actually, I remember really getting some of those Equestria guys mad awhile back. Like, months back, and he may have been present for that. The @name looks familiar. They challenged me to ground PVP, 2v1, and lost horribly.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
As per popular request on the Goon channel, here is the chat log of our ill-fated IGE run with Werp.

I should note that this STF took several hours, and we never made it past Ogden. Werp died dozens of times, as Busch was pulling entire rooms of Borg on us, but Werp seemed preoccupied with telling me where to place medical generators (I don't have that kit). Once he snaps out of generator mode, he realizes that he is locked out of Odgen's room, and begins to lose it. After another hour or so, he finally leaves and begins sending angry tells to any Dental he comes across. Enjoy.

http://pastebin.com/MKd780eT

(He finally realizes that he is locked out, and thus cannot continue the STF at around line 156, with this comment: [Team] werp@koomers: omg , tell me it is not possible to hold here )

Highlights:

quote:

[Team] werp@koomers: cheers , that is great , can we get on with this stf now ?
[Team] Buschmaki@Buschmaki: I told you, I think it's something on your end.
[Team] Buschmaki@Buschmaki: Try to continue, please.
[Team] werp@koomers: bush , if i let you gently caress my rear end , can we get on with this stf ?
[Team] werp@koomers: i have never been in an stf like this
[Team] werp@koomers: who has not appealed this
[Team] werp@koomers: this gusy is a pshychotic rear end raper
[Team] werp@koomers: gently caress you all
(Beams out)

And also, the aftermath:

quote:

[Tell] werp@koomers: hey , gently caress you
[Tell] werp@koomers: i just put vadat in my notepad , he is going to pay
[Tell] werp@koomers: nbreeki is a cross dressing human being who cannot complete manus elite
[Tell] To werp@koomers: hey let's be friends
[Tell] werp@koomers: i have no problem with that , but , you are a serious poo poo head
[Tell] werp@koomers: your giuld is poo poo
[Tell] To werp@koomers: we didn't finish it because you were so bad
[Tell] werp@koomers: god damit

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Melchior posted:

I loved how I was in game when they started this, then wandered off to cook dinner, give my kid a bath, read her stories, and watch the Tonight show, only to come back four hours later to werp still bitching.

Some of the beginning was cut out, too. I want to also mention that nearly every time he writes "ty" it's in response to him getting killed.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

bubbles depo posted:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1110021

BAN Buschmaki@Buschmaki

The OP in case this gets deleted:

EDIT:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1110041

This guy REALLY hates NPC tractor beams.

hahahaha I came here just to post that.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
New Dental video is up. Check out the new PSA for pubbies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-Z8c6l5WE0

Still having issues with the format, so it isn't as high quality as I'd like, but I'll continue to mess with it and reupload once I get it figured out. Thanks to the Denalts/NoP who turned out to help shoot it.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Buschmaki posted:

This is a terrible game for terrible people.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

You KNOW your thread sucks when those dnealts start posting. Actually, this thread really doesn't need any further comment from us; all the spergs are coming out of the wordwoork to vent about their views on canon uniforms and bikinis on ESD. Leave it to stoleviathan to start one of the worst threads in recent memory.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

LeviathanGunship posted:

I forgot to ask when I registered for thenextgooneration but may I get access to the wiki? I've signed up under VeridianLeviathan. Thanks again in advance.

Veridian Harem + StoLeviathan = VeridianLeviathan. It's finally happening.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
My thread on the forums is making waves: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1115131

mad pubbie posted:

looks like a troll thread based on op responses so far.

being nice is fine and frankly nothing wrong with that, but having nothing but a bunch of yes men especially when things needs fixing elsewhere. do you realize the best way to bring up quality of life is by stating issues to be fixed there by eliminating the issue so others can then enjoy it?

attempt to edit my quote out of context to fit your purpose ironically is a good way of killing a good mood.

you have a nice day now.

pwecaptainsmirk posted:

Thanks again NaBreeki! And all who have braved the forum wilderness to come to this thread and stay positive

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

bubbles depo posted:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1117571

Our new favorite person has made a new thread with a little stab at us near the end of the OP.

That guy makes me skin crawl every time his name pops up on my screen with that avatar.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
I've said it before, and I'm not afraid to say it again: Lordco for Dear Leader. This is absolutely hilarious in every way. I also like that he has the "peter piper" tongue twister down pat.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Korgan posted:

Nbreeki, you're a multiboxing menace and have been exploiting the caves on Risa. Also you bribed all of us into liking you as you're the leader of Dental, clearly.

So yet again Stoleviathan can't stay away from us. He comes into a thread about a fleet using foundry exploits and accuses us of being said fleet and also being behind every conspiracy ever, of using multiboxed alts for Nbreeki's latest PSA rather than doing a masterful job of herding too many loving goons, and he doesn't understand jokes we've made about lockbox ships being given to all recruits. Only the goon recruits get the ships :ssh: Thread is here but it's been locked.

I've been on holiday, so I haven't been on the game or the forums much over the past few days. It's nice knowing that stoleviathan has been keeping me in everyone's hearts and minds during my absence.

This is pretty funny, though, especially since the thread more or less became tribble jokes after page 2, before he jumped in with his Dental conspiracies.

However, I have seen this happen in the Risa caves multiple times, and watched people go in and out constantly for over an hour, trying to figure out what was going on. I'm kind of glad this was addressed on the forums if only to satisfy my own curiosity.

Also: I didn't realize you guys liked me. Does stoleviathan know something I don't?

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Pubbie arguing in favor of pedophilia complains on the forums that zone chat is too inappropriate for him.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1125821

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Da Mott Man posted:

Chat log of the OP defending having sex with minors. Basically horrible poo poo that you can expect to find in STO.

Yeah, I posted the pastebin link of the OP arguing with Ludikro about sex with minors. I like to call it "just another Wednesday" on STO, however. The real problem here is that instead of finding the chat log disturbing, many players (and the mod as well) simply shrug it off as "blatantly trolling zone chat."

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Rip disco ball thread.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Our favorite TREK RADIO DJ, Suzanna of Darkwing, always known for her keen intellect, her tact, and her lackluster radio voice (she's no Grom), has decided that the time is right for another anti-disco thread, plunging the usual suspects back into the debate over the largest non-issue in the game.

quote:

To Boldly dance like a puppet on a string...
To mess up the screen, so you can't see a thing....

Is that what this game has become?

I would like to point out that some individuals and groups are using the "party amplifier"[disco ball] and other devices to flagrantly break some rules in Terms and Conditions that are clearly stated on the site -

I wonder how this will end.

Edit: We even have some picture evidence of evil Dental griefing:

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 19:03 on May 28, 2014

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

LordCo posted:

I was working on a new set of images for our lad, maybe I'll throw a request for this one in the pile:

This is the best thing I've ever seen.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Aleth posted:

Best bit:

I need to go see if the forums have burst into flame yet.

Edit: one to watch: clicky

Edit #2: Cryptic confirm it is a ground ability

I don't think the pubbies have quite figured out yet that EPtP is basically Cryptic's way of giving the middle finger to all their anti-disco whining. I suspect once the summer event starts, the forums will blow up much in the same way they did last year. If we're lucky, we might actually catch Klytemnestra back on Risa for some well-deserved R&R.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Even the pubbies unassociated with Dental are Nbreeki.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Goat Pillager posted:

That woman is completely insane. Speaking of, trek radio seems to now have Voexyn as a DJ for anyone unfortunate enough to remember that lunatic.

That's no surprise. Voxeyn is all over the Trek Radio channel. *smiles* *giggles*

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Mr Wikstroem posted:

Well, I thought I knew who that was but there wasn't a single mention of having a dead child so I can't say I do. Seriously though, I'm pretty sure that's the guy that thinks we're running some kind of campaign of terror against him and his, supposedly, dead son.

Ps. Love the tab name there. :D

Yes, he believes we are targeting him and his dead son. He also thinks Nbreeki is an IRL mass murderer. Didn't realize my account was suspended, though. That's a new one.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Soviet Commubot posted:

I cannot wait for the summer event. I don't think it'll beat last year's creepy CGI cry-fest but I'm sure it'll still be hilarious.

This is my new response to every oldkhemaraa/stoleviathan thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DItgXSSknpo

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

LordCo posted:

The latest pics are in from Chuck, our man in Abidjan. This time Chuck is wearing a sensible summer dress and wig and posing in the local dirt patches.

Someone post one of these pics in WAYWT. Imho the pattern is nice, colors too, but Chuck strikes me as more of a winter palette.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Morglon posted:

I'm not sure that's pink enough though

I'm going to have to agree with this. The 'vette was a step in the right direction, but we're going to need to see a little more from Cryptic to really make this ship worth the grind. I want a ship so pink it crashes clients.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Atrayonis posted:

Under no circumstances should you, a foundry beginner, be fooled into playing:
* any mission by Ashkrik23

This is a good inclusion to the list. Consider anything made by ashkrik as toxic, and if seen in the game on one of his several Cat-only toons, pop as many discoballs as possible.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Stoleviathan is mad that someone on the forums told him to shut up and get over his whining.

Stoleviathan posted:

I'm sorry but (and I don't mean this sardonically) I'd love to talk to someone in consumer products at any company about how they draft their standards, what kinds of promotions they run, how brands are managed.

That really is my dog in this fight. I don't have a personal interest in wearing swimwear around the game. I'm interested in discussing, debating and, yes, second guessing consumer products policies, branding, and design.

That is really the only valid reason for forums. Anything else would be better handled through blogs and tickets.

What ought to get outlawed is "shut up"/"let it rest"/"I don't care"/"I'm sick of this topic"/"stopo whining" posts on ANY TOPIC, ever. Posters on a forum should have an unlimited tolerance for armchair IP and design quarterbacking. That's what forums are for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DItgXSSknpo

Post for reference: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=17384771&posted=1#post17384771

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Someone leak to marq that Nbreeki is really a Kosmicka alt.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Acer Pilot posted:

Okay, my goal is to get Bijor into the foundry spotlight but pubbies don't seem to like learning the truth about Bajorans.

I need some kind goons who haven't reviewed these to please do. 5's appreciated.

Surprisingly, the pubbies haven't given Bijor 2 any 1's because it's basically a Michael Bay movie.

I'll run through it this evening and rate it when I can.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Stoleviathan's really hitting his stride in that thread, isn't he?

quote:

Well, look, what if someone's issue is not with isolated bugs/exploits but with clear, repeated, and organized use of them to harass other players?

How much effort would it be to disband problem fleets and delete their chat channels, destroying bank assets and fleet holdings? And even then only when they cross a critical threshold and receive warnings.

It would at the very least destroy the leverage such groups hold.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Let's insult a mod while we're at it, because that's definitely going to help my case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Nymix posted:

imgur album for anyone interested: http://imgur.com/a/E7SNJ
Entire pastebin: http://pastebin.com/7A3VND71

So that's why I was preemptively muted in the Xtern1ty channel and kicked from the fleet.

• Locked thread