Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Looks like the saga continues....former Dental member Buschmaki has been caught red-handed GRIEFING people in STFs. Pretty sure he and his Xtern1ty cohorts are going to try to pin this all on us, per usual.

Video (or should I say slideshow) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ICwq-RRMNY

Forums thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1145671

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Korgan posted:

You're in Mr One Post. Come join the channel. :v:

EDIT We need to thank whichever idiot it was who started the rumours that the Reddit fleets and HoBO were Dental fleets. Pubbies are taking them seriously. http://pastebin.com/r3qjgAqM

I believe that was our good friend @marquisnoir who started that along with the "Nbreeki was permabanned." He let out that Reddit, Snoo, 1st Aquarius, and Hobo were all Dental fleets. I think he listed more than 10 fleets in total affiliated with us.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

IPCRESS posted:

He's missed quite a few.

I would have sent him the complete list, but I felt it gave him a sense of purpose in life to try and uncover our extensive alt/alt fleet network.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Lagomorphic posted:

Honestly the clusterfuck scramble for the flag at the end is the only thing remotely interesting or challenging about the stupid race. Also just making it to the finish line will get you two monkey tags and you only need 6 of those every 24hrs to keep the monkey train rolling at full marks.

Yeah, as long as you get the needed tags, there's no real reason to flip out because you're not getting first place. But these are STO pubbies, and every one of them is entitled to first place every single race whether or not they're using a rental board. It's amazing how much bitching there is in zone chat after every race.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Nuramor posted:

Or make a Gorn pun. Oh god the Gorn puns...

The amount of rage over Gorn jokes is hilarious.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

The Dear Leader has been appeased once again.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Klytemnestra flies around the star clusters at 20% of full impulse for hours. I auto-followed him one day, got bored, made dinner, watched some netflix, and still found myself trailing him super, super slowly.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

brodoyouevengif posted:

Today was the first time i've logged onto STO in almost a year. Drozana, my favorite place, has clearly been ruined. Thanks Cryptic/Perfect World. I also see that they've added traits now? Last time I was on, I hit tier 5 omega rep, then was fairly burnt out after that.

It's all about Disco and Risa right now. The only people who come to Droz worth messing with are Suzanna (in a show of defiance), Corsairs of Shadow, and occasionally Grom.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Uh what the gently caress is this:

quote:

A new item has been added to GPL stores: The Subspace Party Nullifier.
This will render its owner immune to the jovial effects of the Subspace Party Amplifier for as long as it is held in the inventory.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
I was really dragging my feet on this, but with the realization that the future of Disco hangs in the balance, I spent the day finishing the Dental summer event video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Gj5vy9fA0

Also -- finally solved the issue with video degradation in youtube, so it should look a lot better than my previous videos.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Thanks for all the feedback on the new video, guys. It's been great. I especially like this one:

quote:

Holy poo poo, you fucks have a channel too? Also you can't do poo poo here, you have no power, all you can do is delete this comment, soooooo...

NEEBRISKI IS A RAPIST AND A COCKSUCKER AND LOVES DICK IN HIS rear end!!

That was from former Banished Orion Girl member Lytha, who also wants to remind us he is definitely NOT a dude and has NEVER joined in an ERP session with his Veridian Harem friends.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Insert name here posted:

Woah what does he have against dicks in butts that's pretty rude

The blatant homophobia in that post is very troubling, but is apparently lost on the pubbie.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

kzin602 posted:

A friend of mine and fellow dentist is currently at the star trek convention in Vegas. Do we have any questions for him to ask at the Cryptic panel?

Is "Emergency Power to Butts" set to be released in season 10 as we've been told, or will it remain TBA for yet another year? This waiting is getting ridiculous.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Be sure to jump on this thread to see pubbies trying to justify their awful behavior on the forums. It has a little bit of everything: Dev hate, Dental hate, incriminating videos of Trek Radio staff, and angry pubbies.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1185461

Tl;dr: My feelings are valid because they're my feelings!'

Also, noticed this sig on the forums:

quote:

There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks dental trolls!

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18389481&postcount=120

Anyone know what that's about?

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Aug 3, 2014

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
If anyone hasn't been reading the TrekRadio scandal thread on the forums, you are missing out.

mustachemav posted:

well first off in my opinion, I have read this thread from top to bottom and found that there is way too much speculation for a 10 second snippet. You would have to be there to understand, and i was.

But that not withstanding, many things said here actually have nothing to do with the clip but more on how devs react to, or lack there of, the community.

Some get it, some don't. Some here are spot on and some are way off base as it pertains to the clip comment. And some people here are also venting their opinions on dev / community interaction.

Simply put focusing on the clip that should never have been is a waste of time imo, but if it fuels debate and makes for fun forum times, then let loose.

Cheers

This was written by the "Marketing and Communications" manager at Trek Radio. Watch what happens after a few more pages:

mustachemav posted:

To the the viewing and listening audience,

This situation has already been resolved with Cryptic and all parties involved.

We apologize to the listening and viewing community for the use of foul language on the livestream and subsequent on demand content.

We thank you for listening and watching our coverage of the STO Dev panel at the 2014 Las Vegas Convention.

Tom "Maverick" Cruz
Marketing & Communications Manager
TrekRadio.net

Thanks for manning up, Trek Radio, we knew you'd all come around eventually. loving lol.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Mondian posted:

Maybe link the clip instead of posting a bunch of words about a thing no one probably knows about?

Pretty sure a lot of people know about this, as it's been on the thread/mumble for for awhile now, and it's been linked before.

But to recap: Some Trek radio DJ said "gently caress AL" on their convention livestream, not knowing the mic was on(referring to Gecko -- they were pissed Priority One got a shout out and not them) and I blew it out of proportion on the forums to the point that Trek radio had to make an apology to the forums and the Cryptic devs.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1185461

Edit: Sorry, I forgot they removed that video to avoid embarrassment, but I uploaded a backup to youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0UM_I1y_UY

The video itself is really no big deal, but the drama we got out of it was great.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Aug 5, 2014

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Cyberball 2072 posted:

For everyone coming back after a long hiatus take note that the base level of excitement related to this game is so low that the above passes for drama, excitement, and entertainment. We really should all quit and take up wood carving or something.

"Some Trek radio DJ said "gently caress AL" on their convention livestream, not knowing the mic was on(referring to Gecko -- they were pissed Priority One got a shout out and not them) and I blew it out of proportion on the forums"

That is the peak of fun to be had in STO. loving think about how lame that paragraph is and how lame that means the actual game is. Anyone that ever had an STO account should feel at least a twinge of embarrassment and shame for having a connection to any of this.

We work with what we have, and, admittedly, it's not nearly as good as it once was. Trek Radio is a poo poo station that hires literal pedophiles as DJs, so I was after a little public embarrassment (succeeded). Pubbies flip the gently caress out when anyone says something nice about Gecko, so there were plenty of tears. Add the usual "loving Dental thread" responses, and that's about as good as you can do on the forums when Old Khemaraa isn't sending out legal threats.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 5, 2014

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Melchior posted:

I dont know, it seems pretty whitebread as far as drama goes. new marquisnoir chatlogs would be immensely more entertaining and require a hell of a lot less legwork (both for you and for the readers of this thread)

If you want marquisnoir logs then knock yourself out: http://pastebin.com/fR84Qvaa

All from the last two or three days. Trying to keep everyone happy here.

quote:

[Local] Mecredi Addams@marquisnoir: lost your ego, it is in the bloodwine urinal pool

quote:

[Zone] Mecredi Addams@marquisnoir: there must be a german word for the type of idiot nbreeki is

random pubbie posted:

[Zone] Avarak@Captain_Thompson: on my final note, i would just like to say that no matter what you guys do, your reputation will never change.. you are griefing assholes that 90% of STO players hate.. so, yeah.. good luck changing

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 5, 2014

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I think it all speaks to a larger problem (which isn't a problem depending on your perspective), we grind infected runs or voth ground thing for dilithium to get newer and better ships which we then use to grind infected and get the next round of ships. The new expansion will hit and we will grind out its content and then use those rewards to do more ISE runs.

But I do realize STO is far from the only game with this problem, but the queues are rather telling, sure you can get a pug group to run viscous cycle or breech but once everyone got their reps up those queues dropped massively.

Although I do have a hard time being able to tell if I feel this way because I've been playing so long and become jaded to the game, there seems to be plenty of other content but I find most of it unfun or tedious.

No, you're right -- it's all unfun AND tedious.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

-Troika- posted:

Some pubbie fat fingered a Xindi carrier and posted it for 25 mil instead of 250, and I got it. That's going to be one salty pubbie later :cawg:

Offer to sell it back for 270 million, or tell him you tried to mail to an alt account but made a typo and it's gone for good.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

quote:

not To Derail Or Anything, But...

I Find It Interesting That Starfleet Dental & Co. Were Promoting Their Increased Operations
In West Africa, Specifically Abidjan (ghana) And Lagos (nigeria) Just Prior To An Outbreak Of Ebola.

You Still Have That Image You Can Share With The Good People Of The Forums? I've Misplaced It.

Maybe We Should Be Talking About That Instead?

Geographical mistakes and annoying capitalization aside (Abidjan is in Ivory Coast), this could amount to Dental's greatest PR challenge to date. The connection between Dental and Ebola has been made, only a matter of time before this tongue and cheek post is picked up as undisputed fact among STO pubbies.

What have you done, LordCo??

Link for context: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18446991&postcount=29

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Who loving cares

Who doesn't, unless your one of the few people in Dental actually playing the game for the spaceships.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Oh boy some pubbie made a bad joke on the forums *post post post*

This is so much better than making pubbies froth with rage and send hate tells. I don't even have to go read the forums I actively avoid!

The forums is where a lot of the frothing rage is happening these days, as it takes considerably more effort to get in-game pubbies to get to that point without sabotaging their STFs or repeatedly blowing them up in Kerrat (as least since the party nullifier was released).

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
I thought it was a kind of funny reference to the pictures LordCo posted a few months ago of that guy from Abidjan holding the signs. If you don't have that context then it might just seem like a pretty lovely, irrelevant joke (which it still might to some). It's not exactly a pubbie frothing with rage or threatening to sue/kill Dentals or whatever, but I thought at the very least Lordco would enjoy it.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Psycho Landlord posted:

That's fourxgamer. He's not joking.

Oh poo poo I didn't even realize the significance of the name. I lifted one of his forums post for the new disco video.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

AcidCouch posted:

Where the hell are the Goon Rushes, mass pvp zone fuckery, and general mass goon dickbagery? I know I have been gone for a bit, but people are forgetting us, and the new blood knows nothing of us. Is this the legacy we wish to leave? To all those new and old, its time to herd the cats once more towards the light of the dieing pubbie rage and reignite that flame.

Dictated but not written by
AcidCouch Grand High Wizard of NoP

I'll still most likely kick you in the morning.

Preaching to the choir. Our last "goon rush" netted a grand total of four Denalts. Pretty sad.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

S.D. posted:

Is that the one where it's an Orion slaver who came out of retirement to personally sell all of the Mary Sue Starfleet characters into slavery?

I was going to ask whether Cryptic deleted the bio/gave Preecher a warning, but I remembered PWE only takes punitive action (and grudgingly) when someone makes literal death threats or casually mentions AutoHotKey in local.

Edit: Or if you kill Branflakes in a pvp event.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Connie PvE teams continue to have success from time to time.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Violent Kitten posted:

railrokh and I honeypotted a spacepoor yesterday. My connection dropped halfway through and I cut out most of the gooneration stuff, but here's most of the conversation log.

http://pastebin.com/RBw4Qx0H

Enjoy!

Keep in mind that this is the second time in two days he has been honeypotted by Rail, and sixth overall, I believe. He literally has no idea that he can just beam off a bridge at any time.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Melchior posted:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1192311

This dude is asking for people to make Cardassian POV missions involving Gallitep, which has pubbie furor in a frenzy due to it basically being a concentration camp simulator. He's offering a 100m EC prize for the best submission. The thread is pretty entertaining in more ways than one.

That guy has been making quite a few good threads lately. A few days ago he made one asking the Devs to make in-game death more devastating. If a player died, there would be a chance to lose gear equipped to the ship/in a player's inventory. Unsurprisingly, it didn't go down well at all with pubbies and the thread went about 45 pages before Askray closed it. The amount of rage over an idea that has absolutely zero chance of ever becoming a reality was priceless.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Melchior posted:

What's most enjoyable is that they are basically climbing over each other to be the first to reach the moral high ground. If the guy is trolling, he's a master at it.

He frequents the NoPPS channel and spends too much time on ESD provoking pubbies into political/religious debate. He has a good sense of what sets them off. I like the fact that a lot of the pubbies responding to him know - or suspect -- full well that it's a bait thread, but can't help themselves.

"This HAS to be some sort of troll on the part of the OP, BUT......"

Also, Askray's closing post is absolutely beautiful:

quote:

I'm not even going to try and moderate 13 pages this time as everyone would pretty much have warnings or infractions at this point and it's only 6am (and I've had less than 4 hours of sleep..)

Let me be very clear - THIS IS A GAME IN A FICTIONAL SERIES IN A PART OF THE GALAXY THAT IS FICTIONAL. I get those that have family that had to deal with the holocaust have reservations on these types of story lines but again - THE INCIDENT AT GALLITEP IS NOT REAL.

Take a step back and think about this - If every real life situation that's bad was not allowed in any game we'd have no wars, no nuclear weapon situations, nadda. We'd have games where you fly around doing no bad at all and only doing diplomatic offerings of peace to every person you ran into.

Trust me, it'd get boring after awhile. There are always going to be buttons that people get worked up over but again - THIS ISN'T REAL LIFE. Is the story a representation about the holocaust? Possibly. Is the klingon war any worse? Is the romulan war? Is the war with the borg, undine, iconians any worse? Thousands upon thousands of people have/are dying in these wars but we discuss them, and do foundry missions because of them as well.

If you say they're not the same then you're not looking at this objectively.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 11, 2014

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Goat Pillager posted:

So after the ERP channel became alive, we may have, possibly, probably not, saved the soul of a potential ERPist through the power of dance.

http://pastebin.com/NmkTMvWs

Sadly, there are many pubbies out there desperately needing salvation:

quote:

im sorry but dental has been a plague not just on sto, but on pretty much all mmo's and forums they are apart of.. they have made a name for themselves long before they came to sto. ive always looked at anyone with dental attached to them as a possible shady person, and to steer clear.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Some SSR/Trek Radio pubbie brought back a thread that's been dead for nearly seven months to bitch about Dental.

quote:

i'm so tired of the constant harrassment that certain fleets do to players who just want to hang out with there friends in the game. It used to be they would only go after RP'rs but now its gone out of control. I am very disgusted in how this game has changed. I blame those who do nothing to stop it. Players have the basic human right to not be lagged out by spammers and not be constantly harrassed by people who's sole purpose is the general annoyance of others. :-( i'm saddened that the game i once loved has become this.

Disco balls = sexual assault
Party poppers = serious breach of basic human rights.

Edit: I believe his name is Vulture.

Also:

A pubbie is also trying to somehow equate STO trolling (denalts) with the trolls who caused Robin Williams' daughter to cancel all her social media accounts.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1194671

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 14, 2014

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

IPCRESS posted:

Yeah, OK, at this point it becomes serious: I think we need to give Buschmaki as much help as she needs through this difficult time.

I am in complete agreement. It's time we do our part to ensure the STO community is a thriving, prosperous one. I'm thinking a revived MOPP PR campaign directed at players feeling victimized by trolling.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Lake is back, and he has a "troll" list he's sharing with people in zone.

http://pastebin.com/LmM1mzjv

Shame on you if your name isn't on this list. Most of them are spelled wrong.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Mondian posted:

He finally realized Brought To You By Mondian ≠ Mondian and took me off his list :(

I'm kind of surprised he didn't list Dynov and the other "Brought To You By Mondian" goons as your alts. He's more clever than we thought. Although, with that said, he thinks Riven is an alt of Acidcouch.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Acer Pilot posted:

Was worried when some random guy PM'd me and tried to friend me. That dude who wanted a Gallitep mission found the Bijor missions and gave me a poo poo load of money. A pubbie who isn't terrible!? Who would've thought!

http://pastebin.com/ajgJKrpX

The STO mods are out of control, apparently he got banned for 2 weeks for realizing Dukat was right.

For shame.

I talked to that guy yesterday. Not sure if anyone has heard of the troll guild "Flowers of Happiness" all the way back from EQ (Druk was an officer, I guess), but they got lots of early-mmo pubbie tears and posted them online. Some of it is pretty funny. I remember reading this like a decade ago: http://www.notaddicted.com/fansythefamous.php

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Yeah I think he did a /who for Dentals/NoPs once or twice and just added every name online. There are some notable exceptions to that list that need to be there.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Da Mott Man posted:

Remember when I trolled the everloving poo poo out of his channel for two days nonstop and he couldn't mute or kick me? Yeah, not on the list. That list is Mickey Mouse.

EDIT: I am seriously offended I am not on that list. gently caress YOU LAKE.

Yeah, and also note how he updated it just a few days ago.

EDIT: And here is the pastebin of the conversation with lake. http://pastebin.com/Q16N9Pix

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Lake has had another meltdown -- two in as many days. After discovering his gofundme page asking for 5,000 dollars to go back to school for truck driving (with him also listing he "didn't know where to find food/shelter" most nights), we found him on ESD. Here is the link to his gofundme page, but the pictures and info have all been removed (Gummo c/p most of it in the pastebin): http://www.gofundme.com/8s4190. The pastebin is here:http://pastebin.com/fV1UcNHL

During this encounter, he brought in his friend Tamujin, and went through the checklist of DENTAL conspiracies.

1. Dental = Goonswarm.

quote:

[Local] Tamujiin@tamujiin: Try trolling people in EVE nbreeki... heard you guys got a fleet thier too... or has it been banned also?
[Local] Lake@lake1771: lol yea they got banned in eve

2. NoPPS is a datamining channel.

quote:

[Zone] Lake@lake1771: their channel is for datamining
[Zone] Lake@lake1771: thats how they got my real name and email addys
[Zone] Lake@lake1771: NoP Public Service is dangerous

3. We are all Butts' alts (or Acidcouch).

quote:

[Local] Tamujiin@tamujiin: He has like 5 friends, thats about it...... other then that. breeki si butts, and acid couch and all that crap.

4. Members of SFD are literally North Koreans.

quote:

[Local] Tamujiin@tamujiin: Lake, if Nbreeki isnt silenced, i bet he is bringing in the north koreans.... we better watch out.... or somthing.
[Local] Tamujiin@tamujiin: Yah your probably a fat south Korean, Who defected from the north.
[Local] Tamujiin@tamujiin: Thats why you guys got all this dear leader crap, cause yah been brainwashed so much with it. yah crap yer pants when yah think about a nekkid lady.
[Local] Tamujiin@tamujiin: My country can nuke your off the map if ya wanna go there.
[Local] Nbreeki@nabreeki: Leave DPRK out of this, please.
[Local] Tamujiin@tamujiin: You mad bro?

5. Misc. Conspiracies and a shout-out to Mondian.

quote:

[Zone] Lake@lake1771: is it like when your mate @mondian would brag to me about how he can see who's selling what on the exchange?
[Zone] Lake@lake1771: like when you datamine tribble to figure out what the next lockbox is before anyone else knows?

Also, apparently he was planning to make bank off his truck driver gofundme page.

quote:

[Local] Tamujiin@tamujiin: Yu guys buthurt cause he has a better money making plan then you, instead of charging ten buck forum fees to join yer crap fleet?
[Local] Tamujiin@tamujiin: Its no secret the mans name is Neal anymore, that cats out the beg, should we ruin how you guys get rich?
[Local] Nbreeki@nabreeki: No one gets rich from truck driving, sorry

And I'll give the final word to Lake.

quote:

[Zone] Lake@lake1771: you know why people know who i am railrokh
[Zone] Lake@lake1771: because i speak the truth

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 18, 2014

• Locked thread