Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Archonex posted:

So I know there's a running joke about ship consoles being lovely, but some of them are hilariously bullshit in PVE. I mentioned before that I had a ton of C-Points that I never spent and wanted to buy a ship pack. I wanted the three pack of that ridiculous Romulan dreadnought, but since I didn't have a capped Romulan yet I went with a Vesta.

Some of the consoles in that pack are insane. In particular is the Fermionic Shield-Whatever-The-gently caress. Which applies an AOE heal hull and shield DOT that's as strong as the only other real hull heal dot in the game, Hazard Emitters. And it does it to everyone in the same radius as the science officer's Scattering Field, which buffs damage resistance by a fair amount. Which means it's a very useful ability for a science officer in space combat. :stare:

Popping both of them off means anything nearby becomes a nigh indestructible self healing tank to the point where even the shittiest pubbies can't die. You can also stack Hazard Emitters on top of it, which lets you weather even the gimmick boss attacks with ease. As far as I can tell this thing has no upwards cap on the number of people it effects too, so for these new events like the Undine BZ it's very useful to the "raid".

Makes me glad I didn't buy the Odyssey pack. The reaction I get when I roll up on a lovely pubbie that's getting slaughtered by a STF cube, apply a ridiculous number of heals to his badly damaged craft, then just rip it apart is pretty great.

Edit: Also, using the other AOE field to reflect instant death projectiles at pubbies in STF's will never get old.

Vestas have always been awesome, and I'm glad other people now recognice this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread