Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Double Post, but holy poo poo it's happening. Cryptic has finally announced the Season of PVP

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10451743

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

hakimashou posted:

War Games: The War Games queues will put players in head-to-head competitive PvE scenarios. These new queues split ten players into two teams of five, who must race to complete objectives before the other team succeeds.

There's no way this doesn't end with the players blowing the poo poo out of each other, intended or otherwise.

Best dust off your Gal-Xs, goons.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

hakimashou posted:

Its probably going to be PvE like it says where you cant shoot other players.

Intended or otherwise

VVV Holy poo poo SFC's on GOG? Later nerds

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 29, 2017

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Wrong Romulan poo poo.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

One of the heavy weapons should just be an autofiring version of that Armitage torpedo console that occupies the entire instance with explosions

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Oh hey look, there's real PvP in it after you get past the filler.

Get your loving Gal-Xs.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

GioSPL posted:

Oh well. at least it's more PvP. I'll need to bring my old fleet premade back, i have a feeling this will be fun

When people told you to post more, they meant places besides this thread. Go somewhere else.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

That ground set actually sounds pretty cool.

Also lol pvp rep

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

I think it was his bridge, actually.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

DancingShade posted:

I just wish we still had a copy of Branflakes twitch livestream in the dyson sphere where we chased him across multiple zones and instances with fireworks and party poppers.

For anyone who missed it he ended up muting his game entirely and spent a good chunk of the livestream hiding in a full screen mostly blank stats page hoping we would go away.

We didn't.

For how much poo poo we gave him, Riyott really was the best at pissing off Branflakes. I think he may have been the only one of us to ever get Bran to blatantly abuse his powers for personal reasons.

That PvP event was magical :allears:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

I'm gonna laugh at you all when this is the best season ever that fixes everything and the players love it

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

If you're talking about the new ones, I think it's less that they're dead and more that the actual process of queuing and accepting match starts is kinda loving weird right now and pubbies are dumb. We got a number of decent runs as the day went on.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Didn't the Iconians agree to gently caress off to another galaxy as reparations or some poo poo, except for that one that decided to keep fighting so Cryptic could justify using Iconians as enemies again later on?

I mean, I'd gently caress off to another galaxy if it meant getting away from Sela.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

It's funny but it also fucks your hotbar when you do it, so :effort:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

We've been routinely flying full goon teams, so yes. Pay attention to TNG when we ask for X's, maybe?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Technical Analysis posted:

We're being trolled and there are quite a few putzes here who keep falling for it.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Bitch, I'm online too.

But yeah, what the gently caress with you people

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Codex Occultus posted:

Over the course of 300 years the federation developed some over compensation issues.
(first pizza cutter I've seen in ages so I was reminded just how retardedly huge they are)

Even though I've gone back to my HEC since cannons are good again, I still break my J out and cruise around ESD screwing up RP docking runs and poo poo every couple of days.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

i'm gay

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

itt we all erp with each other a bunch and then laugh at people who are not us for erping with each other

it is really the best thread, you see

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

We were halfway there though :(

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

This thread is titled the way a thread on this game deserves, gently caress the new thread.

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

I regret ever being made aware of your existence.

• Locked thread