Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Could I get access to the wiki? My name on there is hakimashou, same as on here.

eta:

I had a nice talk with @marquisnoir

http://pastebin.com/5XeQfXtn

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Aug 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
So, apparently even after a campaign of getting lake sleaze victims from TheTradingChannel to mail the owner, @usko_detra, nothing was done to remove it from its mod position.

It wouldn't be surprising to learn @usko_detra gets a cut of lake's real money sales, and would go a long way toward explaining why he lets it continue to debase his channel.

I think you guys should consider letting people in NoPPS know you run a trading channel as well. NoPPS has a huge audience and benefits from a lot of good will. It would be a public service to move trading from a sleaze infested channel like TheTradingChannel to one that was properly run.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
An easy peasy way to do CCE is just to set up with some torpedos and hang out at about 9.5km from the entity and shoot in torps.

Torps dont lose any accuracy or effectiveness because of range since the entity doesnt move around, and it doesnt have shields so they do full damage to it.

You can scoot back when it blows it load.

I (albeit in an absolutely maximized pvp torp brel) blew up 3 times because i wasnt paying attention and still got 3rd place just lobbing in torps.

Its probably the most stress free way to do CCE.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
its actually preferable not to place in CCE.

If you place you get random vendor trash as a reward, if you dont place you get dil.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DataDyne posted:

The greatest Starfleet Dental recruitment video, thanks to Zai for finding the original.

Hot drat!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
As far as I can tell the upgrade thing is great.

"t5u" ships get everything t6 ships get except:

1) Exotic new boff slot, which will probable require sacrificing conventional boff seating anyway, and may have abilities that are useless. Which may also not be included on future t6 ships, which may be the 'secondary deflector' of this release.

2) An unlockable trait for use with any ship.

And that is all.

All lockbox, lobi, prize, reward ships are upgraded instantly for free.

Upgrading c-store and fleet ships will have a cost between 500-1000 zen.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
many lockbox ships are deeply discounted now because of the illiterate morons who cant understand the dev blogs / posts.

if you are in the market for a nice lockbox ship, this discount wont last forever.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

SKY COQ posted:

How deep are we talking?

nicors are less than 130m, voth bastions less than 150

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I made a page with my pictures

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I have a large collection of doffs with special names.

What's fun to do is make whole sentences out of them.

One of the ones I can do is [Bet][Sir][Lunk][Gun][Shag][That][F'tass][Ugly][Motel][Slut]

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

FuturePastNow posted:

There was a Gorn doff named poo poo, but they actually edited it to Xhit.

There's still lots of [poo poo] out there, even one on the exchange today.

My favorite doff is [Shitathon], i always buy them from people when i find them.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

CrushedWill posted:

Am I correct in assuming that mail sent to char@account can be picked up by any @account character?

yup

exception is if a certain character's inbox is full, the mail icon will blink but the new mail wont show up in that toon's window.

you can delete old mail to fix it though

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Saint Olivia is the patron saint of the space poor. He gives away lots of vendor trash every day to the vermin on esd, who love him for it.

Has a website too: http://stolivia.com/

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I like the crafting system a lot to be honest. during the crafting weekend i spent i think 750k dil finishing fast tracking torpedos to lv 15.

I've crafted 4 of the unique torps a day since then, and am about a third of the way between lv 19 and lv 20 on it. I get URs about 40% of the time using green catalysts, and make between 20-30m profit each time a UR is made, and either break even or profit a mil or two on every VR. Today's batch is 3 URs and 1 VR, so looking at 60m+ profit just for today's crafting. I think the dil I sunk into fast tracking it was worth about 150m if exchanged for zen and sold for ec.

It has been very sustainable, has been a great investment and a good profit engine during the times of turmoil accompanying the Door Rising announcement.

I dont know if it would be sustainable in other crafting schools, but from the competition on the exchange for the unique torps, i have trouble believing more than 2 other people craft torps on a regular basis.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
On ESD today I was giving a lecture on the hagiography of STO.

the patron saint of the space poor, Olivia.

the patron saint of farmers, jkname

the patron saint of scientists and journalists, dukedom

the patron saint of cash money hot boys, crosis

and i thought, what could the founder of SFD be the patron saint of?

I thought "helping people, fixing things that are broken, and cleaning things that are dirty." And then I received my enlightenment.

Who is it that does all three of those things? A dentist.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
to KDF you can add

B'rel +1 tac
Varanus +1 sci

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Did anyone watch the stream? Is launghingtrendy transgendered?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I think its cool, I like laughingtrendy.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Projectile Crafting hit 20 today.

If anyone wants space torpedos i'll trade VRs for 3 intermix chamber / 4 warp field regulator, or actually craft you one if you provide catalysts as well.

I've only really used green cats. I think its 42% crit with two green cats vs 46% with two blue cats.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Want to hear a funny story?

I liked Saint Olivia's schtick, being a saint and all. So the other day i donated more than 25m of AP beam arrays, elachi beam arrays, winter outfits, etc to him to be given out accompanied by a prayer or wish that jkname be unbanned.

Sort of like paying monks to say masses, i thought it was funny.

I asked Saint Olivia tonight how it had gone, and was told he'd pretty much kept all the stuff, since he 'didnt know who jkname was.'

It had a cute explanation for its duplicity too:

I get the impression this shitbird keeps all the poo poo people 'donate' to it.

If you arent familiar with Saint Olivia, have a look at its website:

http://stolivia.com/

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Sep 8, 2014

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
and what did jkname get banned for? as far as he or anyone else can tell, for having a dedicated alt account he kept in our fleet base all the time, so he could easily send invites to people in NoP PS.

free jkname

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
it mailed me back what i suppose is all the stuff i gave it, though there is no telling whether it just purchased replacements on the exchange.

the stuff in question was a large number of assorted mk xi AP beam arrays and elachi beam arrays and assorted colored winter jackets. I have no way of knowing whether the items i 'donated' are the same ones i got back, or just the ones it didnt have time to sell on the exchange, or replacements for the ones it did to save face.

nevertheless, the fact it took days, and a big poo poo fit in public, to find out it had 'changed its mind' about giving away my donations as per our agreement, is not something easy to excuse.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Korgan posted:

A bunch of botters got taken out recently, around the same time jkname did.

yeah he apparently got caught up in the bot sweep.

ive known jkname a long time and participated in many activities with him, over the 2 years ive been on sto he's been probably my best buddy. never had any reason to believe he 'botted' nor do i now.

he multiboxed, he had lots of accounts, one camped in each and every sector so he could invite himself and anyone who needed it to the bridges for doffing, and accounts camped in the bases and holdings for easy NoPPS Invites.

I am also convinced he knows more about sto than any other person. He and his wife were on something like 16 hours a day every day i've ever been on sto.

His absence is a hole i feel every day.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

MikeJF posted:

It wouldn't surprised me if their bot detection sweep didn't really distinguish between botting and multiboxing.

i've talked to him since his ban through alternative means and i think there is reasonable hope it will be overturned. but, have to prepare for the worst :(

I think i will lose a lot of interest in sto without jk around. He was what made this buggy assed game tolerable.

I havent even logged into my inviter account since it happened. I'm wary even of scrolling through my contraband eater alts, which are all on my real account, but still, what if switching between toons every 30-45 seconds triggers their 'bot detector'?

its some nasty poo poo is what it is.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Sep 8, 2014

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Burning_Monk posted:

Other than parking my rear end near the Allied Spire, which seems to be the only place that has regular recruitment doff missions, is there another way to reliably get recruitment cxp?

It's the last one I need to finish on my main and it's taking forever.

dismiss doffs or degrind doffs for tons of recruitment cxp

if you want to blow money, just get some cheap purples and grind them down to whites then dismiss the whites.

to make profit, degind them down to whites and sell the whites.

either way you'll get a great deal of recruitment cxp

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
My PvP brel uses only torps and its really good.

As far as i know every item on the whole ship maximizes photon, projectile, and critd/crth.

No shields, no weapon power.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I like the item upgrade system.

My PvP build has always been a torp Brel. I only need to upgrade 3 weapons for this. Two photon torps and the enhanced bio molecular photon torp.

I logged in the other day for the first time I a couple weeks and noticed the upgrade system was live. Bough some stuff on the exchange, spent some dil, and before long I had mk 13 ultra rare photons and bio molecular. My crtD3 photon went to crtD4, and my acc3 went to acc3 crtd1. Nice!

Noticed I could upgrade my universal consoles too, so I did that. I have millions of refined dil from contraband, and billions of EC so I didn't even really pay attention to the cost. I have lv20 torp crafting so I could make all the upgrade pieces for both my torps and my uni consoles myself.

Went into Kerrat and melted some people, it was fun!

Here's what I really like about it though. For the most part, the only thing I've really enjoyed doing in STO is being a Ferengi and accumulating a fortune. Now there's something worth spending on.

I'm lucky that I only like the torpedo Brel, since it means I have relatively few things I'll need to fast track to epic level to be fully effective. Most ships will need to upgrade more than 2 or 3 weapons.

A lot of the stuff I use on my Brel to maximize torp damage, photon damage and crit is set based, so it doesn't need to be upgraded, since all that matters is the set bonus. Torp Brel doesn't use shields, and is a very strict glass cannon, so I don't need to worry about upgrading any defensive stuff.

I guess I'm just happy that I am well positioned to take advantage of a change that creates a gear gap and finally allows for an unfair advantage in PvP, which is really the whole idea of PvP in my view.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

faxmachine posted:

* A small number of players were using an exploit that allowed them to abuse a Duty Officer mission which allowed them to turn in Contraband in exchange for dilithium by using multiple characters on an account to turn in Contraband. This mission has now been replaced by a new Duty Officer mission that rewards a marks package containing 10 marks of the player's choice.

Thank you for playing Star Trek Online.

I have 41 alts for turning in contra. That isn't funny.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
So in the month I've been away from sto playing the uber goon drama shitfucked new Korean mmo archeage (which is really fun), I lost almost billion ec in net worth from Nicor prices making GBS threads the bed.

But, I also spent a good hour getting my Brel up to speed and it shits on absolutely everything I've found in the mostly empty kerrat now. Epic t14 torps, tac consoles, UR mk14 unis, it's a beast.

There always seem to be a few Feds in kerrat trying to farm the mobs, and I can always gank all of them over and over so far. My crtdx4 photon torps crit for as much as 40k each on exposed hull.

Is xean still around? Is there still contamination in quarks? I need to go sidle up to pretty ladies again.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

MikeJF posted:

How's your profit cycle?

I haven't done it in ages, like since jkname got banned and I became disillusioned with the game, but I was saving the dil for promo packs which yielded a pretty nice profit, like 50% I think.

What does cat food cost now and what is the dil/zen? I used to get 3 rotations in pretty regularly for like 240k refined dil per day. Took like 10 or 15 mins to cycle all the toons if I remember right.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

g0del posted:

That's probably going to change now. There was a bug preventing level 60 players from entering ker'rat which is supposedly being fixed in today's patch. I'm curious to see how you'll do against fully upgraded ships.

Yeah I'm gonna have to get to lv 60 :(

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

MikeJF posted:

Literally every single omni-directional beam array on the exchange has a [dmg] tag, in every beam type. :( Guess I gotta make my own if I want otherwise?

I think all crafted omni beams are forced to have a dmg mod.

I did torp crafting up to lv 20 so I'm not 100% sure for beams, but all special crafted torps had a set of fixed mods, with a variable on the UR ones.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I don't know what they changed but kerrat is more populous than it was a week or two ago.

I've been able to test my super Brel against a bigger variety of opponents and have been pleased with the results.

I realized today it had for some reason un slotted my 3 projo and 3 a2b doffs, so I put them back in and was doing better than ever,

I've come across a couple of super duper tanky ships that seemed to be invulnerable even to sustained attack by multiple opponents, I just leave those guys alone and move on to non tank targets. Sometimes fancy sci people will get me with grav well and poo poo I dont recognize, but against tac ships, I can usually always destroy them.

My rotation is pretty simple, I've got THY3 and THY2 which can be fired back to back to send either 7 photons ( which crit for between 20-30k damage each) followed immediately by one more photon, or else 3 photons and a THY3 enhanced bio molecular boom boom, or 4 photons and a THY2 bio boom. Also have the transphobic cluster bomb, and rear mounted Gravity Torp. The big dick bio torp HY sometimes crits for more than 100k. I am not aware of anything in the game that would give me higher native crit rate than what I've got. As far as I know it is absolutely maximized, as is crit severity.

My buffs are tac team, APO, APB, and the tac captain fleet whatever thing. most of the time I don't use all or most.

I have three superior romulan tacs from the fleet base and one engineer with the stealth boost trait, also from embassy. Eng has engineering team and a2b. The heal is nice sometimes, and the aux2bat speeds up the heal cooldown and the APB. I could either have a sci or an eng in the 4th slot, I ddidn't put a whole lot of thought into it, I already had the 3 a2b techs and figured hey why not. I don't know much at all about eng or sci abilities.

With 3x projectile doffs I can usually keep up a steady stream of torps if the alpha strike fails.

Aux power is at max because of the aux-> dam thing somewhere, weapons power is at minimum since no energy weapons are used, shield power is at minimum because the shield is off when cloaked anyway.

I can't seem to get gateway to work on my iPad but if anyone wants to have a look at the build it is durak@repetitiveepic

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 13, 2014

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Bloodly posted:

I see a lot of people at times with a lot of injuries. Now, laziness and 'I can win regardless, why bother' is one thing. Especially if it doesn't affect you(Projectile weapon damage on a science ship that is all beams plus Kinetic Cutter='why bother'). Even so, surely you must eventually want to get rid of all these nuisances?

I am inspired to go get my dkora blown up zillions of times and then join STFs.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I got my native crit rate up to an even 30%!

http://gateway.startrekonline.com/#char(Durak@repetitiveepic)/ship-equipment

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Furiously posted:

Speaking of contraband, I sperged out and did math. Can someone tell me that I'm wrong please.

My assumptions, it takes 5 contraband to get 2000 dil. Dil is exchanged at 159 to 1 Zen. Ten lockbox keys is 1125 Zen. Keys sell for 2.4M EC. Contra sells for 43,000 EC.

So...to get to 1125 Zen you need 159x1125 = 178,875 Dil. Divide that by 2000 to get 90 contraband turn-ins to get that amount. Multiply that by 5 to get 450 Contraband per 10 keys.

10 keys sell for 24,000,000
450 contraband sells for 19,350,000

Looks like contraband is under-priced at the moment. Just buying contra and turning it in would net you 4.6 Mil EC profit. (Course there is a daily limit to that)

The first step.

The next step is to get like 40 alts and turn in contraband ;)

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Lagomorphic posted:

I tied the new material on the Chell Gret with purple trim and that ship has never looked so good.

Your math is correct but you do have to factor in your time spent setting up alts to turn it in and doing the actual turnins and that's time you could spend grinding elsewhere or you know going outside. I mostly save contra turnins for dil weekends unless I need the dil/zen for other stuff.

Exp bonus events are when you set up the alts. takes about 15 mins on a kdf alt.

You'd be shocked at how much dil they can generate with contra in a short period of clicking after that. Shocked.

Nothing comes even close. Any other dil,generating activity is a shameful, even criminal, waste of time in comparison.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
A couple of words have been banging around in my head for about a week's time now, and tonight they were given voice.

Those words are Space Islam

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Get a BoP and make a torp bop. Once you get a good setup on it its a lot of fun in kerrat, just fly around and blow people up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DonDoodles posted:

Yeah, that's been in place for awhile now.

Edit: From the "Trollgate" thread:

game. set. match.

very very nice

• Locked thread