Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I loved logging onto my Klingon character and stealth-alphastriking people to death and hearing them whine, does the new content since the Romulans were introduced (season 8 maybe?) allow me to do that in any new or exciting ways?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I played this like two years ago before the Romulans and before Nexon did something-something-satanic-publisher-f2p-hell-whatever. Are there actual fun things to do or gently caress around in at max level?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Lagomorphic posted:

Hey I gave you some advice in the chat earlier but I just wanted to mention that you should at some point in the next 8 weeks or so make a TOS character and run it to the end of the tutorial section. There's an event that started today with some nice rewards you'll never be able to get again if you don't get the character past the tutorial during the event. Once you're past the tutorial you can ignore that character safely until you actually feel like checking out the fed content.
When the does tutorial end? I did the first mission and just started 'In the Shadow of Cestus', which feels like the first post-tutorial mission but I didn't get anything.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Tunicate posted:

When you get to the future.
Wow, spoilers.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Doing the TOS stuff was fun and I liked the little touches they put in (like the Gorn special attack being throwing a huge rock) but it also reminded me why I stopped playing because wow this game is still janky as gently caress, ground combat is still kind of a mess and so is the UI. The last time I played was before the Romulan expansion. I assume the endgame is still a combo of queues, currencies and dilithium dailies? I will never care about ground stuff but if the space content is good I could see the game staying installed for a little bit. I do love my Galaxy-class.

Also what was the special unlock we're getting for doing the TOS stuff at release? Gorn race unlock?

Pierson fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jul 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

fakemirage posted:

Som costume unlocks (like the TOS look for your Gorn) and some reward packs with marks, items, traits and so on.
Aaaah aight, cool. I don't really care about any of that other stuff but having the original Gorn sounds funny. Thanks man.

• Locked thread