Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Finally asking for wiki access.
Registered as Papal Hologram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Isn't Butt's is going to be an NCP that hands out medial doff missions involving oral care. I heard it on Reddit so I don't know how true it is.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Anyways, it's all butt certain Butts will be in the next season!

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

They should have a Talaxian bounty. More dead Talaxians, more marks for whatever grind they have next.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

I haven't logged on in 9 months and I made it on the naughty list!
Glad to know I made a lasting impression on Xean.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Tai posted:

This game really delivers. You don't even need to play the game

True, I haven't logged in for a year and I still love this game.

Would I gain anything by logging in?

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

A free ship would only entice me if the game's spaceplay had improved since last November. Which I'm pretty sure it hasn't.
Or if said ship would cause a stream of anger from the broken playerbase.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

I'll start playing again (briefly) if they have a "Tuvix" story arc.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Ludicro posted:

Interesting how old designs from the 70s and 80s look better than almost everything Cryptic (and a lot of other Star Trek games) put out.

Akira and Steamrunner are really the only non-awful designs since the Galaxy. Why they designed Voyager to look like a flying poo poo trowel is beyond me. Star Trek is broken.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

MikeJF posted:

The Sovereign has a generally nice layout with awful details. All those little angles and hard edges

I think it was less about the physically building and more about the fact that they were done by really good designers over an extensive design process. STO doesn't exactly have a Probert. (Hell, Probert made a fair few designs that had to be compromised on because they were physically impossible to machine. These days we'd easily do it in CG)

Can't wait for the STO ship that splits into Four, maybe five sections. Three just doesn't do it for me anymore. Really, the 4 nacelles could just come off and follow me, I'd be happy.
U.S.S. FANFIC!!!!

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

gently caress it, gently caress it all...I'm going to take some ambien, and log in to this terrible game after a year.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Remember, always thank Shutup Wesley when they give you handouts to help enforce homosexual overtones!

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

DonDoodles posted:

This is just a reminder that some pubbies literally cannot handle more than a few new things to do with each update, because this game becomes too stressful for them.

Cryptic devs, remember that any changes to "my immersion" must be cleared with doctor, who is also my mother. Stop discriminating against MY autism!

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Star Trek Online is only one front of many in the Gay Invasion.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Nita posted:

I'm having lots of fun with the mirror event. I either AFK or auto-follow some pubbie and I'm rewarded for it.

Fall at sleep indeed.

With how long it takes pubbies to finish the mirror event........

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Nita posted:

Hey guys, ARC is shutting down STO. Servers are going down forever on January 20th.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9653383-star-trek-online%farewell-live-long-and-prosper

THIS IS BOLLSHIT!!!!

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

DonDoodles posted:

A "Pray for Paris" thread devolves into pubbie bigotry and, inevitably, into a "Dentals are trolls and cyberbullies" thread.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1207626/paris-terror-attacks-vive-la-france-the-world-is-with-you/p1

I would eat my shorts if pubbies did anything less.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Morglon posted:

People in this game get upset very easily for very stupid reasons. On all sides. They get even more upset when you rub their faces in it. Which is what I live for.

STOP HOVERING NEAR ME!!!
YOU ARE HITLER!

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

The bling the Aegis shield provides just isn't pink enough for me.

edited for size!

Dick Bass fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Dec 11, 2015

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Disappointed in the lieutenant Boff slot.
Harry Kim's signature ship should only be crewed by ensigns.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

DancingShade posted:

You know what STO is missing? There are nowhere enough Enterprises being destroyed in missions.

The Enterprise isn't destroyed in game because that would completely break the playerbase.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Lance weapon's are a pubbie fetish; one of the few things the devs are aware about in this game. You wouldn't want to upset the playerbase by ruining the "exclusivity" of the Gal-X.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

DancingShade posted:

So... you're saying lance weapons should be $50 zen store upgrades on a per-ship basis?

When Cryptic implements (poorly) this in the next season, take pride in knowing that this was your idea.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

http://pastebin.com/0CYkvL6b
Risa has once again fallen into decay.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Baron Porkface posted:

Is any sort of crafting profitable?

Generally no. The market is so competitive that a lot of R&D stuff is roughly the cost of the input materials and many times less than the cost.
If you have bij'd enough to get to level 15, you can make money on superior upgrades. Purple Mk II (Yes, Mk II) consoles command high prices in relation to their input material value.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Baron Porkface posted:

Is this actually true?

Yes

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

[Local] Rake@elisetheangel: Thomas... do you have a phaser rifle in your pants?? "blushes"... i hope thats on safe mister...

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

If he doesn't get kicked for his insipid racist tirade he'll be on Risa ERPing with dudes.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

randombattle posted:

I totally pop on every so often to ruin someones immersion when I feel like it.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

fakemirage posted:

EDIT: Caught this in passing, not sure what to make of it.
strikefurry seems to have a twitter account under the same handle, which I strongly recommend that you don't visit.

I visited and it will take years of therapy for me to unsee that.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Assisting with a RP wedding on Risa brings me great joy. By helping others you help yourself.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Who is ready for the Talaxian lockbox?

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

The BBB will not be able to handle all the 'spergin that they are about to recieve.
I'll bet this complaint will be in ALL CAPS.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

[Local] Husky@admrlhusky: OK NOW IF YOU WANT A LAWSUIT FILED ON YOUR rear end KEEP FOLLOWING ME IF YOU DON'T BEAT IT NOW

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Rooster takes on 6 BLACK guys at a time.

[Local] Vulture@rooster241: loading up my band gear after playing a set

[Local] Vulture@rooster241: in the car

[Local] Xur@thekodanarmada#7342: the car is a terrible place for a gig.

[Local] Vulture@rooster241: 6 black guys start walking up on me

[Local] Vulture@rooster241: chains

[Local] Vulture@rooster241: guns

[Local] Vulture@rooster241: i load my poo poo real quick

[Local] Vulture@rooster241: hop in the seat

[Local] Xur@thekodanarmada#7342: (Very important story element that: their skin color)

[Local] Vulture@rooster241: start it

[Local] Vulture@rooster241: ran over one of those fuckers

[Local] Vulture@rooster241: kicking my car and all

[Local] Vulture@rooster241: i was lucky to escape

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Kurland Here!

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Terrible pubbie bios never get old.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Going to have to start posting on the forums just so I can use this.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

DonDoodles posted:

It's also absolutely massive when used as a forums sig, if that helps.

Incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Tuskin38 posted:

I don't even

When you stare into the abyss.....

• Locked thread