Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Since I assume it will come into play during this event now, did Nova's dad just disappear off panel or was it an on panel, but not seen by Sam thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nevermind! I'm dumb.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Gavok posted:

- What If Dr. Doom Became the Thing?

Was that actually one that happened? Because I had an idea for that and I thought it was original. Or at least not done by Marvel yet.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Gavok posted:

Why does Frank Castle give a poo poo about Cosmic Fudd?

I dunno, that actually kind of makes sense to me. Uatu dying should be putting every single character in 616 who knows who he is in loving panic mode, regardless of whether it's what they usually go for.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

So while reading this, I became curious: What does everyone think is the best "oh poo poo" Watcher appearance? The first one that popped into my mind is this one from New Avengers: Illuminati #2.

He's nothing if not consistent.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I don't have the scans, but it's from Secret Invasion. It's the start of the big final battle, and Spiderman is talking to someone (Daredevil or Iron Fist or someone else) and he's joking that he's not too worried about the fight because if it was real dire and dangerous the Watcher would appear and then the next panel is the Watcher with Spiderman just being bummed about it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Hakkesshu posted:

So while reading this, I became curious: What does everyone think is the best "oh poo poo" Watcher appearance? The first one that popped into my mind is this one from New Avengers: Illuminati #2.

He's nothing if not consistent.

Just this cover says oh poo poo something is up
Also crazy eyes.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
Between this and All-New X-Men, Bendis really likes seeing the Watcher on a pulpit, eh?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Hakkesshu posted:

169 pages for one event, holy crap. Those really were different times.
I imagine most of those pages were people trying to actually figure out whodunit, since the PR for the event claimed that anyone with a sharp eye could find what they needed in the series' pages.

So forumers did things like post close-up panel captures of Batman's boot treads and compare them against mud/bloodmarks in other panels, in a kind of BSS CSI.

And then it was literally "A crazy broad did it" so welp!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

d00gZ posted:

Between this and All-New X-Men, Bendis really likes seeing the Watcher on a pulpit, eh?

This isn't Bendis.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

And then it was literally "A crazy broad did it" so welp!

Tiny little footprints on the brain! Also why did she bring a fucken flamethrower with her?

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

Aphrodite posted:

This isn't Bendis.

That Illuminati #2 excerpt was Bendis, Reed and Cheung.

Flergatron 3000
May 8, 2008

you look like a fool with those buns!
Adam Warlock did it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Flergatron 3000 posted:

Adam Warlock did it.

It was not Adam it was Magus

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Since I assume it will come into play during this event now, did Nova's dad just disappear off panel or was it an on panel, but not seen by Sam thing?

Off panel. He's never been seen except in Sam having flashbacks to his childhood.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

bobkatt013 posted:

It was not Adam it was Magus

It was Adam Ant, Austin refused to say he looked fabulous today.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

CzarChasm posted:

Was that actually one that happened? Because I had an idea for that and I thought it was original. Or at least not done by Marvel yet.

It was back in 2005 when Marvel brought back What If as an annual thing. After bitching out Reed, Doom rechecked his calculations and realized he was indeed off. He apologized to Reed and befriended him, causing Reed to spend less attention to Ben, who eventually dropped out of college and joined the army. The whole, "Need to build a barrier to Hell in order to find Doom's mother," thing is completely ignored/dropped.

Years later, Doom's still a dick and he's the pilot when he, Reed, Sue and Johnny go to space. Coincidentally, he picked the date specifically to overshadow a special test Grimm was going to take part in. Doom hits on Sue, she turns him down and when they're in space he's all, "Haha! This time you're the one who made a miscalcuation but I didn't say poo poo! I just made a special suit of armor that will protect me while you all die and I get to live on and take all the glory!" Only it absorbed the cosmic radiation and turned him all orange and rocky. Naturally, he blamed Richards.

They crashed in the desert where Bruce Banner was going to test the gamma bomb. Luckily, that Rick Jones kid was caught and removed by Sgt. Grimm. Then he sees Reed's in trouble and goes off to save him, throwing him into a trench before the explosion goes off. Ultimately, that gives us, "GRIMM CLOBBER DOOM!", Reed apologizes to Ben for being a lovely friend to calm him down, Doom escapes and we have a Fantastic Four.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

twistedmentat posted:

As in Odin's bastard? He would have done some extra dimensional loving when he was younger

That might actually be legit what he did because promo for Original Sin:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

So currently the Original Sin dark secret reveals are:

Tony may have been responsible for creating the Hulk.
Angela is Thor's sister.
Something happened with Deadpools parents (he probably killed them).
Johnny accidentally destroyed a permanent cure for Ben years ago and Reed helped Johnny cover the fact up.
Xavier's will shows that he is being an rear end in a top hat from beyond the grave.
Matt Murdock's mother has ~dark secrets~.
The spider that bit Peter also bit someone else.
The original Human Torch could have prevented Hiroshima but didn't "because reasons".
Cap remembers the Illuminati.
Nova finds out more about his Dad.
Blade and Blue Marvel hung out with Luke Cage's dad back in the day.

And probably a chunk more.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Angela's being Thor's sister works really well in my mind.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Another Spider-Man doesn't seem like particularly interesting territory when there's already been so much cloning.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Peter's relationship with that spider will never be the same again.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Waterhaul posted:

Xavier's will shows that he is being an rear end in a top hat from beyond the grave.
Why are they obsessed with this so much.

The Angela thing could be interesting though. I dunno, I have a soft spot for that do nothing character.

MagnesiumB
Apr 13, 2013
Has Daredevil's Mom ever showed up in other stuff before? I haven't read much of the character besides Waid's run.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

MagnesiumB posted:

Has Daredevil's Mom ever showed up in other stuff before? I haven't read much of the character besides Waid's run.

Yeah she's a Frank Miller creation.

I would suggest reading Born Again (the best Daredevil book) or Battlin' Jack Murdock which is a mini surrounding Matt's dad that focuses on his parents relationship.

Adding onto Matt's catholic guilt she left the family to become a nun.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Waterhaul posted:

The spider that bit Peter also bit someone else.

Spider-Men follow-up?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Gavok posted:

Spider-Men follow-up?

It's a woman, and she goes by "Silk"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Waterhaul posted:

Yeah she's a Frank Miller creation.
So in all likelihood Darematron was a prostitute assassin who fell in love with her contract (Jack), faked her death, then faked her death again when she thought her family was in danger, becoming a nunsassin for the Vatican?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
How is the spider biting someone else before Peter, anything to do with Peter? How is that his sin?

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.
Glad they released all that info, tells me what I don't need to buy. Basically all of it (except Nova)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Another Spider-Man doesn't seem like particularly interesting territory when there's already been so much cloning.

Yeah, its kind of hard to care when there are already multiple people with Spider powers running around.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Flameingblack posted:

How is the spider biting someone else before Peter, anything to do with Peter? How is that his sin?
Parker luck, of course. Doesn't need to make sense.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Flameingblack posted:

Because he didn't immediately murder that spider upon seeing it, as all sane and moral people should. Atrocious things.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
I liked the part where one of the Marvel editors (Lowe?) said that this has been the plan for Angela the whole time. That's a pretty good joke IMO.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Waterhaul posted:

So currently the Original Sin dark secret reveals are:

I really hope its something along the lines of "If by any chance I'm murdered by Scott, The Red Skull has my permission to totally use my brain to cause some poo poo to go down and then disappear for a while.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
"Dear Erik, in the event of my death, please keep this Schism thing going for as long as possible. I really dug the whole clash over ideals we had back in the 60s and I really think Scott and Logan can bring that back. Leak Scott's location to SHIELD now and then to keep him paranoid."

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Suben posted:

I liked the part where one of the Marvel editors (Lowe?) said that this has been the plan for Angela the whole time. That's a pretty good joke IMO.

I mean, it's basically the only thing that makes sense. Marvel doesn't explicitly use Judeo-Christian cosmology like Spawn (kinda) does, and the closest thing is Asgard, so... yeah.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

I wouldn't be too surprised if it was always the plan. Not that I believe Marvel but I'm sure the first thing they thought was "okay how do we give her a brand new backstory that will also allow us to include her in future film projects". Just saying she's effectively an Asgardian is the easiest thing.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Was calling her an angel really such a stretch? It wasn't too long ago Ghost Rider literally went to heaven and fought angels. It's not like they aren't a part of the marvel universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
She can still be an angel, the teaser says "the tenth realm" and maybe that's where all the angels hang out.

• Locked thread