Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nevermind! I'm dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JediTalentAgent posted:

Have we ever got an official status of Miles in the 616? I sort of wonder if they might try to work him in as sort of a Spider-Man version of Blade's origin or something through this lady if it's been enough years since Peter was bitten by the spider (Would 12-14 years of in-universe time sound about right?)

Bendis is writing the Spider-Men sequel this year, so we'll see what 616 Miles is then.

I'm also enjoying the wacky team-ups that Original Sin is giving.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

616 Miles is actually Miley Morales!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Emma was never dead.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

A_Ruse! posted:

What exactly happened in Avengers 29? Original Sin 0 got me started on monthly floppy comics, and I grabbed 29 today because it's a "tie in" - some cool stuff happened, but I didn't really understand it all. Cap's mad at Tony Stark for trying to make a super-weapon that destroys alternate universes because doing that saves the main universe, maybe? I totally understand why Captain America would take a moral stand against ultimate destructive power, but I'm not exactly sure what Stark was up to in the first place. And also one time Cap used the infinity gauntlet on like . . . a moon? What was that about?

The only think you really have to take away is that Cap is representing life and hope here. He doesn't want to compromise himself or anyone else by murdering innocents to save themselves and believes they can find a way to save people without resorting to that. And Stark is representing death. He's more realistic, ready to make the hard choice to save the universe, and has been building very bad weapons. When the two ideals clashed, Tony and the Illuminati erased Cap's memories and kept making world-destroying weapons. Cap just remembered it, and he's loving pissed.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They all showed up after the Watcher's murder, it seems. They were raiding his stuff, which is how a Mindless One ended up with the Nullifier. Orb seemed obsessed with the eye and cut it out.

I think that the murderer took the other eye, or there was someone else after Midas and crew who took it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gavok posted:

With all the parallels between Original Sin and Identity Crisis, it's pretty great that the second issue ends with a one-eyed supervillain facing down a group of heroes while protecting the prime suspect.

So he's going to beat them all up? Which character will ignore their power or weapon that could instantly beat him and instead opt for punching him? Will Quicksilver run into a sword?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gatts posted:

So my question is we see some dude the Orb is helping a dude who looks like the Thing. We know there's a dude who is dressed in the original Iron Man armor. These are all some kind of reflections of our heroes?

That's the same person. Dr. Midas.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gavok posted:

Also, if Fury couldn't see any secrets because he's an LMD, then the Deadpool editor hosed up.

I wouldn't say that. Preston is an LMD, but it's also an LMD that contains her soul.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm not sure why Bucky would strand Gamora and Moon Knight though. That doesn't seem to make much sense.

And the mysterious person is the killer who put the teams together to track him down. Why would he be doing that?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pyros posted:

Has Moon Knight worked with Fury much before? MK asks if the crazy stories about the mysterious boss are true and says he thought he was "Dead or at least...", which seems to make it unlikely to be Fury if they do know each other.

Finding a character which has ties to people from Emma Frost to Scott Lang to the Punisher and Strange to Bucky and Gamora wouldn't be hard, you'd think. But I can't think of someone who would fit that bill.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I have a feeling the teams were mostly create because they had little or no connections with each other.

They're all connected to the person who put them together, and they put them together and sent them to specific places to play off of each other and figure poo poo out. Like Strange taking Frank to that realm, and Frank being the one to find out how the beings were getting killed and getting a suspect list. Or Bucky needing Moon Knight's plane and tech to figure out that they were on a planet that was killed.

So the killer put them all together specifically to lead them back to them. But also to expose other poo poo, which is probably why Bucky went and killed Fury.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gatts posted:

Original Sin should have gone with Aunt May finding out what Peter and MJ did, smacking Peter up the head and chewing both of them out, then grabbing Venom, Kaine, Doom, Thanos, Rider, Wolverine and the Illuminati then go into hell to kick Mephisto in the balls and make him reverse the deal. She gets to decide her fate and make the decision herself as to what's better for everyone.

The Golden Oldie Rides Again.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rocket and Punisher need to have a team-up soon.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Fuckstick Electric posted:

Are we ignoring how stupid that whole Spider-Man thing was?

I don't think it was stupid. It shows that Fury was still a guy who thought for himself and is still essentially a good person with a good judge of character. And Spidey is certainly something special.

It also likely means he isn't the guy who murdered the Watcher.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I thought he was referring how Parker would count as enough of a threat to the planet that Fury would go and deal with it before going "nah".

Peter wasn't part of his man on the wall job, though. That was his regular dayjob. There were reports about a creepy spider person, Peter was pretty much the first Marvel hero to have a total and complete secret identity, and be viewed as a possible menace.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jul 5, 2014

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They only made it a mystery to Thor. Not to the readers.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Senor Candle posted:

The tagline should now be WHAT DID HE SAY? rather than WHAT DID HE SEE?

Followed by WHAT DID HE HEAR? and then WHAT DID HE FEEL? and finally WHAT DID HE SMELL? starring Daredevil.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Guardians was Ed McGuinness drawing the poo poo out of a huge heavyweight cosmic fight. Awkward place to stop the issue though. They should have made it double-sized or found a better way to cut it in half.

I do think that it'll be shown Richard survived somehow. He comes off really well in this issue.

Also, I really liked the tie-in with Thor and Loki. Loki has a really hilarious moment followed by a touching one.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gavok posted:

Got beat up by a teenage girl whose power is squirrels.

Nothing to be ashamed of. Squirrel Girl has taken down the best.

It's really because he cried at 9/11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Without Galactus, the Annihilation Wave would have conquered the universe.

• Locked thread