Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

normals aren't just stuck with IE anymore since every awful program installs firefox/chrome/opera and the ask/bing/google toolbars for each

they use whichever browser was installed most recently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Bobby Digital posted:

30 second video every time you unlock your phone
at least they'll make the OS faster

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Smythe posted:

my nexus 4 doesnt have enough resolution to get a pic of my tiny dick and balls. need a 8k camera for that
that's not how imaging works!!!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i'm the person that wants to willingly give health and biometric data to an advertising company

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

also google has a not-stupid-looking driverless car and is one of the largest defense contractors in the states (from companies they own) :ssh:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

uncurable mlady posted:

"it looks like your blood sugar's a bit low. how about a KitKat(tm)?"

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Virion posted:

Android Muscle Milk™

*sleek buff droid benching apples appears in sculpture garden*

repeatedly lifting apple up, year over year?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Progressive JPEG posted:

ive been using ff for a few weeks and it feels slower than chome but at least im not having to undo a series of terrible product decisions in order to use it

why wouldnt anyone want to see their g+ status on the new tab page???

mebbe i should just try running chomium directly idk

hail firefox, now with a lovely read-it-later addon preinstalled

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

buy the wrong things:ins:

for example, android phones

which are sold in grocery stores

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Last Chance posted:

chargeback time?

i love the ability to just go "no, i don't accept your bullshit terms" with literally any company and do a chargeback

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

uncurable mlady posted:

actually it's gnu/f-22

lol

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

fleshweasel posted:

what is that list

Activities

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

duTrieux. posted:

i thought i'd try to humor it today and entered a company account as another profile and it was immediately all "this is a managed account! this chrom einstall will be permanently linked to management services! grrbah!" so i opened firefox instead which does none of that poo poo

i recently installed chrome for shameful flash-using purposes and it's hot garbage with regards to SIGN IN PLEASE SUBSCRIBE SIGN IN YOU INSTALLED AN ADDON DO YOU WANT TO SIGN IN

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i don't want to sign in to my goddamn browser

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

fleshweasel posted:

the stock market is total insanity and all the people clamoring for indefinite exponential growth need to hang themselves

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

uninterrupted posted:

alphabet poop

lol

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

ZShakespeare posted:

This reminds me though that the wifi on my netgear has been really spotty lately and I should probably consider getting something better.

archer c7 or c9 hth

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Valeyard posted:

theres no way the router is as bad as those lovely tests show

it doesnt matter what router it is

someone hasn't used a terrible router

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

chromeOS is great for olds

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

yawn

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

yippee cahier posted:

so, after a couple weeks there's a layer of dirt and leaves encasing your car?

Google will have forgotten about the entire thing by then

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

sweet a second screen for my phone! i can't wait to get this module that won't be supported by literally anything!

the second screen is for all the sick hardware specs and temps and the current barometric pressure

the first screen is for your anime wifu and clocks

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

they can't anymore

lol

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i used to start work at 4 AM. that was pretty profoundly hosed up.

same

getting off at noon was neat though
then bed at 6 :(

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

ufarn posted:

it blew my mind when i went to paris and saw that they have goddamn nutella stands everywhere

Paris does have a lot of white girls

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

android lol

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

triple sulk posted:

google wireless service that only works* with the nexus 5x/6/6p. it swaps between (presently) t-mobile, sprint, and us cellular towers depending on what provides the best coverage for your given location. they also just added three for international travel. you pay a base fee of $20 for unlimited talk and text, then a rate of $10/gb of data. if you go over, you are still charged at that same rate, but only per mb used. if you go under, you get credited for the amount you didn't use. basically you pay $30/mo base and at worst you might pay $40/50 a month, but you never have a risk of getting hosed by an overage or throttling. you are also charged at the same rate for international data.

*as far as i understand you can activate the Fi sim in a nexus device and put it in an iphone, for instance, but it only uses t-mobile.

this sounds cool except for having to let Google spy on you and all while using an android

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

cool maps everyone

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

i have a wallet i bought from some goon in sa mart to fuel his drug addiction i think

the one made with leather scraps? me too. I really like it

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

buy the goonwallet and support the drug habit of a friendly stranger

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

it's burnt because it's cheaper and has a stronger flavor to poke through the 1k cal milkshake it's added to

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Wild EEPROM posted:

get one made by the only brand that matters.

zojirushi

got one next to me so I stay hydrated for epic posts in the bathroom downstairs

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

maniacdevnull posted:

The best smartphone of 2016 is a used one from 2015, this dumb awful future sucks

the iPhone se is from 2016 so you are incorrect

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

flakeloaf posted:

the card that makes it easier to get on an airplane
the phone that makes it easier to get off an airplane

:tinfoil:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

lync is inexcusable garbage

mlmp

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

my phone is broken in multiple ways but I don't want to send it back and get a refurb of questionable quality

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

my sick modded phone almost lasts an entire day if I don't touch it

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

prefect posted:

hey, it just so happens that i have an audio-related question and you guys are talking about stereo stuff!

my pc speakers are doing a lot of that sixty-cycle hum when i turn them on. these are pretty old speakers, so i could be talked into buying newer, better ones. but is there a nice, straightforward way to make it cut it out with the humming?

make sure your speakers are plugged into the same power source as your input.

I just bought a Polk audio sub to go with my existing 3.0 setup. it's nice and good I guess. idk

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

lol if you're dumb enough to not block ads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Shaggar posted:

The difference is the android still "works" it just doesn't get updates. Apple pushes an update that breaks a previously working device.

a phone rebooting in a freezer, forever, isn't working

• Locked thread