Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
oh boy the goog really did it this time
that's like, worse than 90s microsoft gattam

(if true, but im not doubting it all that much which says a lot about what google did with their name the past 5 years)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

Install Windows posted:

shaggar was right

truth

maybe it looks okay to someone who didn't grow up in the era of lovely gradients on wordart saying things like

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
did u try going in to powershell and typing "export-" and pressing tab a lot?

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

Necc0 posted:

this model actually works for valve, though

id say results are pending tbh

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
maybe theres a lotta engineers thinking "ugh business things? that's not engineering things so its clearly dumb poo poo for idiots"

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
my eternal shame is that i like watching ppl play games more than actually playing games
except for cms games which these days are either f2p mobile horseshit bad games or just horseshit bad games

i watch people playing games praying for some weird german dozen-man company to make the next actually good rollercoaster tycoon or ttd so i can too play games

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
where's the kickstarter chris sawyer you twat

wait http://www.31x.net/about.php
oh ok ttd for ios/android sounds greeaaaffuuuuckk yoouuu

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

my stepdads beer posted:

i really hope this and electric cars fail though because gently caress the automobile and what it has done to our cities

cars are dumb as gently caress
payload/vehicle weight ratio is hosed up

forreal id love to see single-car rail
basically cars that run on tracks that are built so that switching happens on the vehicle and not on the track. also they're locked in like rollercoasters, allowing for banking and thus higher speed
i've got diagrams explaining how it works email making_woosh_noises_while_drawing@backofclass.com for more info

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
all i really give a gently caress about is that google loose their ... idk nerdy hero kid in a bad action movie?? (that the real heroes visit so they can hack into the military satellite) brand with with all the dumb poo poo their pulling

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
shittons of people still going "oh google you're so delightful" like their watching a whimsical puppet show when behind the curtain is a boardroom full of people drinkin whiskey and saying "and then... nye hehehe we'll do this hehehe"

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

pram posted:

people used to like microsoft

yeah its weird hopefully itll be weird to think ppl used to like google soon

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

cremnob posted:

the verge with some spin straight from google PR on the new gmail api

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/14/5896979/gmail-api-isnt-the-end-of-email-its-a-new-beginning

how much of this was possible with activesync that gmail dropped?

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
wonder when google's gonna stop ppl from forwarding emails

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
over here techie is short for technician
not technology fetishist idiot

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
look you need some way to to make money off of your version of a 2004 newgrounds portal submission and it sure as poo poo isn't gonna happen by being honest about your intentions
some people are willing to sit next to the old guy who smells like piss and dispair just the play some slots so you can count on people paying for a garbage experience for sure so long as you frame it right

AtomD fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jul 22, 2014

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
are people who buy iaps treated with the same revulsion as waddle-walks who stuff their faces at every given opportunity even though it gives them no joy cause

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
what are you talking about the stock market is v rational. anyway i got a really bad ant problem, but i put a tiny little sign out next to my sugar bowl that says "this sugar is not valuable for a number of reasons" so i think that'll fix it

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
hey larry i figured it out

input: food, sleep, money, sex
output: doodoo, peepee, work, babies

now we only need to reverse engineer the program (can't be too complicated) and we'll finally be able to build the perfect society

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
haha that valueble zynga stock
had one successful product that wasn't actually good or creative
vanilla ice companies

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
wait
is this running the old google tv or the android tv or the nexus q thing?

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

rjmccall posted:

the flip reading is hilarious too

everybody at google uses gmail internally, and because the web client directly integrates with every other tool in the google internal universe, alternative clients e.g. using imap aren't really viable. and of course all these employee accounts are business accounts, and the use patterns are totally different from personal accounts. e.g. like every other engineering group in the world, google engineers have dozens if not hundreds of automated systems sending them stuff constantly and are totally reliant on "advanced features" like automatic filtering / categorization that were getting not just hidden but completely removed. so these ui designers, in their well-meaning efforts to make things feel simpler for home users, were prepared to gently caress over 50,000 coworkers. and then they held a presentation to tell their coworkers, who remember are basically forced to use gmail for everything, that their opinions don't really matter because they're not real users. and then they got huffy when that somehow didn't calm things down

guess what, when you have thousands of coworkers using your product for core business activities, you are part of corporate it and you have dual responsibilities. that this apparently wasn't drilled into the product design team is an enormous failure of management

gmail for business haha have they not heard about a little product called microsoft exchange?

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
Couldn't possibly use activesync though.
its like how ppl buy the storebrand poo poo "on principal because it's literally from the same factory" yeah the same factory's garbage bin maybe u cheap gently caress.

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
i seriously and unironically switched to outlook.com and i've been p happy esp everytime i see the gmail interface again

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

it's nice that they got miyazaki in to do the design for this. no but seriously that car is quaint as gently caress. that car belongs in a tween pop music video about how abstinence is the best option. it's the industrial design equivalent of that noise japanese audiences make in unison when they're surprised 'eeeehhhhhhh??'

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

THC posted:

wifi sucks

the incredible fuckin stupidity of brute-forcing a watery poo poo consumer radio standard into a massive garbage infrastructure is kind of beautiful, tho

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
i had snake on the nokia 5110 and snake 2 on the nokia 3330

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

skull mask mcgee posted:

google doesn't have to give in to those demands

an ant colony just wants that sugar and if you want ants to behave in a particular way you gotta put poo poo in between them and the sugar, ya know? you don't get on your heels and argue about the morality or sustainability of the ant's actions cause they're fuckin stupid and can't help themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
am i way out of line in thinking 'youtube' as a brand is kinda loving trash?

like my overall feeling about it is that there's some good things on there but it's mostly hoooooorrrriiblle loving garbage and everything about how youtube gets managed encourages it to get worse

• Locked thread