Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

dont be evil :xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

exant posted:

dont be evil :xd:

*makes android*

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Mr Dog posted:

tbf i think they did genuinely try to follow the spirit of it for the first few years

then they progressively realised that they were, you know, an advertising company, and hence the fount of all the bile and garbage in this world.

yeah at least they dont pretend anymore.

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Dicky B posted:

know what i hate? facebook

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

skeuomorphism sucks

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

wean yourself off of old world design metaphors already

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Last Chance posted:

lol u have no idea what skueomorphism means. for like the millionth time, it does not mean "flat ui" or "no textures"

in ios 7 there are switches for on/off that resemble a real switch with green meaning on. thats skeuomorphism. hope this helps.

let me rephrase my original post for you: flat ui is good because skueomorphism sucks. read better

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Cygni posted:

no its cool and better than zero texture randomly placed neon squares

I agree its good to teach people how to use a calendar or w/e but at some point we as a society should accept that computers can do more than real world objects can and we should break those bonds

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

free thing? no way is that any good, we need to purchase a $150,000 telepresence system from cisco

unironically this

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

does anyone use google play music

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

yeah, it seems like a good product so im sure google has it on the chopping block.

they're already rolling it into youtube with the all access key, whatever that poo poo is

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

i think what's holding it back is the terrible name: Google Play: Music: All Access

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

self-driving cars: for when you're too poor for a driver service, but too class-anxious to take the bus

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Snapchat A Titty posted:

the stock market is millions of decapitated chickens just running around in constant adrenaline-fueled reflexive panic

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

LastInLine posted:

someone somewhere itt a few months back was complaining about how google now on android used to do icons for predictive cards in the notifications (weather was a cloud traffic was a car etc) and then they made all of them a big g making them indistinguishable

well they walked that today at least for me as the primary results had a donkey and the weather is back to a cloud

i searched for soccer once, and now i get a little soccer ball when there's a game google thinks i care about

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

PleasureKevin posted:

i'm torn between calling your a dumb arse and blaming the google design

no idea why you'd say their design is bad

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

COCC5C2? moments until it begins, what's confusing about that

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

they can't patent this, katamari damacy is prior art

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Mister Fister posted:

If it's just getting all nearby italian restaurants, none of who are paying for advertising, it's not advertising.

business have to pay google to have their results and reviews show up and Google hires call centers to harass businesses into paying up. it's not so much advertising as it is literal extortion, especially if they convince business that this is how people with disposable income decide on where to spend money

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Mister Fister posted:

I think you might be confusing Google with Yelp.

No, Yelp isn't nearly as good at the extortion racket as google is

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

my source is a bitter old barber. he claims he gets a daily call from different call centers wanting him to help boost his google pagerank or something. you're probably right though, it's likely an independent SEO company

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Smythe posted:

Literally completely wrong + you're an idiot

sure, whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

here have a terrible phone to go with your terrible movie and mediocre mortal kombat reskin.

https://twitter.com/SamsungMobile/status/735983923147087872

ughhh

• Locked thread