Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be included in the "Big 4"?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 1 11.11%
Piper 0 0%
John Brown 0 0%
Cletus 0 0%
Diodeous 1 11.11%
Der Juicen 3 33.33%
Slywalker 0 0%
Zimbomonkey 1 11.11%
Texas A' Wreckus 0 0%
AfterFather 0 0%
God 3 33.33%
Total: 9 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

In what can only be described as a season full of more heartbroken fans than last year's Game of Thrones, the B1G and PAC 12 saw two goons who let the e-football world know that they have had enough of the bullying; Der Juicen(Wisconsin) and Zimbomonkey(Washington).
The Badgers got to work early with one of the biggest upsets of the much-hyped Ohio State Buckeyes, and rolled on into the National Championship. Meanwhile, Washington took the road less traveled to glory by taking a couple of L's, only to go on a streak similar to the signature of the NY Giants, and snagging the PAC. With everyone spread across two conferences, only two teams finished unranked (one of which who's coach has yet to found after going missing nearly a quarter into the season - more to come).

However, last year will prove to be a forgotten moment of irrelevant glory as the powerhouses of USC, OSU, and Nebraska have emerged from their slumber with only one factor being their motivation:

B1G/PAC 12 Season 2 "Big Brother's Revenge"

B1G East Division Preview

Ohio State - The squad that was picked by many as the pre-season favorites to win the B1G, the Buckeyes struggled mightily on defense while on their way to a seemingly meaningless bowl win. Couple that Achilles' Heel with a season-ending injury to their star QB, and it's easy to see that their new HC was handicapped from the curse that Urban Meyer left behind. 10-3 is a successful season - for any program but THE Ohio State. Look for the Buckeyes to supplant their horseshoes up the rear of the B1G's other contenders, as they once again have aspirations of an undefeated season, and a national championship.

Penn State - What the Nittany Lions are experiencing can only be described as a modern-day NCAA death penalty of an athletic program. Suffering from the lingering effects of one of the worst scandals in the history of sports, Penn State has yet to find their way from the abyss of shame and lack of recruitment appeal. After finishing one game above .500, James Franklin continues to bear the daunting task of restoring true competitiveness to the proud program.

Wisconsin - If Wisconsin was named after the cousin of its team mascot, The Honey Badgers would be a name more indicative of what they accomplished this past season. Talk about upsets; the Badgers scratched and clawed their way through a 1-loss season of amazing comebacks, game-winning drives, and surprise victories, while once more establishing their place in the pages of history. Wisconsin took all the glory this year with victories over tough opponents like OSU and Nebraska, and nabbing the ultimate prize in American collegiate sports - The BCS National Title. Let's see if they take advantage of their recent success and use it as a recruiting magnet.

B1G West Division Preview

Michigan - It's been a while since the Michigan has known what it feels like to be a national champion. Perhaps this season will finally be the one in which their HC's stars align? The Big Blue will aim to take the next step past winning, and leap into national championship contention.

Michigan State - Perhaps this season will finally be the one in which their HC's stars align? If so it would come with the assistance of their nasty D and a future HoF wideout. If the Spartans can find stability and competency at the QB position, they could be on the verge of becoming a powerhouse amongst the NCAA.

Nebraska - Everyone's surprise pick of the year reminded the world of who they really are - Nebraska. Riding the high of preseason hype seemed to put the minds of Nebraska's coaches and players on Cloud 9, as mental errors on offense, defense, and game management, contributed to the Cornhuskers' key losses. Fresh off the effects of Stevia (and other drugs) coach Dan Quinn will be leading his young team into a year of redemption.

Northwestern - Northwestern has been a team on the rise for a few years now. Led by one of their very own, Gary Barnett and the Wildcats will have to fight for nearly every win on the 2014 schedule. However, if the school doesn't make a commitment to support their recruiting department, Barnett's future will surely be in jeopardy. It's safe to say that so far he has not been given the tools to succeed, and yet he continues to win.

PAC 12 North Division Preview

Oregon - The state-wide search for the Ducks' head coach has long since been put to a halt. After taking a leave of absence early in the season (of which he promised a triumphant return), Coach Gordon Bombay's whereabouts have not yet been discovered by the nation. If not for the competitive (but healthy) relationship of he and the commissioner of the NCAA, Bombay's position would have been permanently filled over the off-season. However, the commissioner is still holding out on allowing Oregon to replace their former leader while the team goes into free fall. It's a really discouraging situation for all parties involved.

Washington - Easy pick for Coach of the Year, the former high school coach stormed the NCAA as the Pete Carrol college football. Big McClargehuge has help turned Washington into the hotspot for all things football. The recent successes of the Huskies and Seahawks has made Washington one of the top destinations for college players. Let's see is McClargehuge can keep the attention in Washington and help transform the state into a rural hotbed for football talent.

PAC 12 South Division Preview

UCLA - Cali isn't known for gold grills and Chevies, but that's exactly what makes HC Paul Wall perfect for UCLA. He's helped the program find its swagger again after taking down their long-hated, and famously successful rival, USC. Ruling with enthusiasm and style, Paul Wall has the Bruins attracting a lot of love from the state of California. After finishing 12-1, UCLA is definitely waiting for their moment to show the world what they believe they can do - win with the swagger.

USC - There was once a proud program whose name you'd dare even whisper. Their teams of the last decades have been some of the greatest ever in college football. Unfortunately, so have their recruiting violations. With the dark cloud of cheat hovering over their campus, USC made a strong case on why you should believe it never rains in Southern California. Look for the Trojans to ride off into the sunset of the Rose Bowl and National Championship once more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now before we get into the particulars regarding conferences, let me lay down some ground rules:

1) I will be the first truly cruel commissioner of this era. There's not an actual timetable that I have in mind, because I am human and realize that every situation isn't always the same. However, if you have a CPU game I expect that poo poo to be played by no longer than 72hrs(excluding extraordinary circumstances of course). I don't care if you sim plays to see that it's done. The rate at which we advance will be very arbitrary and to my preference.

2) Please communicate in the thread on a regular basis. It takes but a minute to post about your schedule or any problems you're having in the dynasty.

3) Don't play like a jerk: nano blitzes, 24/7 no-huddle, putting speed WRs at TE(w/o officially changing his position), or in memory of my dear friend Bio - changing a CB to QB, ya know, poo poo like that. I'm not gonna get more specific then that so use your brain. If you have to think twice about it then you probably shouldn't do it in the first place.

4) You can reset CPU games as much as necessary to get the win. Please, no rage quitting against other users, and let's not destroy a user team that isn't available to play for that week. Just do enough to get the win.

CONFERENCE SETUP
We will be using schools from both the BigTen and Pac12 conferences. The reasoning behind this is to not end each season with a :flaccid:, but rather a user matchup in two seperate conference championships, and the BCS NCG as well. There may even be user bowl games outside of the BCS title, who knows? :iiam: Please choose whichever team you like within the BigTen and Pac12. Do not worry about the number of user matchups as I will personally see to it that everyone has at least 4-5 of those each season.

BigTen
East
Michigan State - Diodeous, GT: BenedictWong
Iowa
Nebraska - John Brown, GT: True Cryme
Minnesota
Michigan - cletus42o, GT: cletus42o
Northwestern - The Piper, GT: the nasty niss

West
Ohio State - Notorious ZSB, GT: JDMTyte
Wisconsin - der juicen, GT: Im A GPS Facial
Penn State - Texas A. Wreckus, GT: QuickDrawQuincy
Indiana
Illinois
Purdue

Pac12
NORTH
Stanford
Oregon - Lil Jon Galt, GT: Kancho (AP)
Washington - zimbomonkey, GT: ThrowUpTheHorns
Oregon State
Washington State
California

SOUTH
Arizona State
UCLA - AfterFather, GT: BJTheRealist
USC - Slywalker13, GT: Slywalker13
Arizona
Utah
Colorado

SETTINGS
Difficulty - All American; Recruiting is at Varisty
Quarters - 6 minutes
No QB Quiz, Ice the Kicker is On, Home Field Advantage is on.

Dynasty Name: SASBigTenPac12
Password: Goonball4eva

In short, don't be a dick and pay attention to the thread you bastards. So without further ado, let's get to it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

:siren:Week 1 homies!:siren:

User Matchups:
Penn State(Wreckus) at Washington(Zimbomonkey)
USC(Slywalker) at Ohio State(ZSB)

CPU Games:
Nebraska
Oregon
Wisconsin
Michigan State
Michigan

Byes:
Northwestern (I apologize ahead of time for what you're about to see).
UCLA

John Brown fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Apr 25, 2014

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
*ahem* I won the UCLA-USC game. Still nice write up. A----- would read again. Z, I'm good most the weekend, perhaps tonight if the ACC game doesn't happen. Post when you'd like to go.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

*ahem* I won the UCLA-USC game. Still nice write up. A----- would read again. Z, I'm good most the weekend, perhaps tonight if the ACC game doesn't happen. Post when you'd like to go.

Wow I was so sure it was the other way around. Welp! It's official, this was my first and last write-up.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
:siren: I moved my bike for this season. Be afraid.

What better way to start off the new season than with a kickoff returned for a TD?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdkYYaylvx8

How about another kickoff returned for a TD?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHe73HGF0to

And a pick 6 to cap it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL82C9rLWKU

Not shown: any of Gardner's 5 rushing TDs.

Yeah, it was just Army, but I'm having fun with making highlights.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 25, 2014

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Slywalker13 posted:

I won't be available until probably Sunday, but we can aim to play our game Sunday or Monday.

My defense won't be such a pushover this year dudes. Time for me to retake the top dog spot around these parts (or slip into yet further mediocrity).

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Texas, give me a time that's good for you.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
What is the big 4?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Lol it's a bullshit moniker for when Piper, ZSB, Kancho, and myself were dominating in the ACC and carousel: The 4 best players at the time.

IIRC Grem spoke up that his name wasn't mentioned and that's always been the humorous connotation with the name.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Penn State, are you around at all the next couple of days?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Sly what time tomorrow?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Just realized your post did not indicate evening. Honestly 10 or 11 AM central would work best so let me know if you can support that, otherwise I'll have to ask the wife when I can play this evening.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

Just realized your post did not indicate evening. Honestly 10 or 11 AM central would work best so let me know if you can support that, otherwise I'll have to ask the wife when I can play this evening.

Yo dude let's try and play in that 10AM hour this morning!

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 27, 2014

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll take care of my game sometime soon

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wreckus, it's been 3 days with no response from you. Please post or I will (regretfully) place you on AP Monday morning.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Ohio State wins a tight game against USC 31-24. Margin was decided by the extra INT I collected as well as the punts that I forced. Missed 2 really great opportunities at the end of the 1st half to make this a more comfortable margin, but after going down 14-10 I didn't trail again after my next score. GG Sly.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm r2a. MSU over ND.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
This makes me want to dust off my 360 and relive my days of taking the Gophers to the Fiesta Bowl every season from the PS3 dynasty. How bad is Minnesota in this dynasty? (relatively speaking, they are always bad.)

Do they have a mobile QB?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll look at the roster later but I think they are not so good

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

AfterFather posted:

Ok I am done. I cannot load up any dynasties without this drat game locking up. I either get Commissioner has Changed Settings or the game locking up when loading the tuner update/loading the dynasty. I cannot take this anymore.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Have you tried deleting your tuner data and cache?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

Have you tried deleting your tuner data and cache?

Try this. Also, try deleting the game and reinstalling it.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I deleted the entire NCAA 14 save file from the system and it seems to be working now. I'll have to spend the next few hours making at least 1 playbook.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

AfterFather posted:

I deleted the entire NCAA 14 save file from the system and it seems to be working now. I'll have to spend the next few hours making at least 1 playbook.

I wonder...if that would somehow fix the coaching glitch.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I tried it in the SEC league. No dice. That seems to be a problem on the server side.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Zimbo, I just out Wreckus on AP. Knock the game out when you can.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Alright. I hate that it has to be like that, though.

EDIT: It's done.

zimbomonkey fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Apr 28, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Advanced to Week 2!

User Matchups:
Wisconsin (Der Juicen) at USC (Slywalker)
Penn State (Wreckus) at UCLA (AF)

CPU Games:
Northwestern
Oregon
Michigan
Ohio State
Nebraska

Byes:
Michigan State
Washington

AF, let's give Wreckus a few days to respond.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

John Brown posted:

AF, let's give Wreckus a few days to respond.

Responding. I can play Monday night 6-11 pm est

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Sweet! I'll remove the AP status when I get home from work. That will likely be around 6pm CT.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

I get off at 10 PM Central or 11 pm EST. Would you be able to wait until around 11:20 or 11:30 est?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
DJ, unless Makev rogers up soon in the ACC thread, I can go if we start by 8PM central tonight...you ready for some revenge?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

DJ, unless Makev rogers up soon in the ACC thread, I can go if we start by 8PM central tonight...you ready for some revenge?

I can basically tell you he won't be (my irl best bud), he's going to a concert tonight so ACC should aim to wait I guess.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

AfterFather posted:

I get off at 10 PM Central or 11 pm EST. Would you be able to wait until around 11:20 or 11:30 est?

Yeah i can do that

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I'm ready whenever you are.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
UCLA over Penn St. 28-17.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Same deal DJ, I can go tonight at 8 central if makev doesn't Roger up from acc

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

Slywalker13 posted:

Same deal DJ, I can go tonight at 8 central if makev doesn't Roger up from acc

We'll have to try late Friday (10cst) or sometime Saturday (8:30-whenevercst)

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'll advance us soon after DJ and Sly duke it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I could maybe do tonight at 10 otherwise tomorrow AM would work. Keep an eye here I guess?

• Locked thread