Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be included in the "Big 4"?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 1 11.11%
Piper 0 0%
John Brown 0 0%
Cletus 0 0%
Diodeous 1 11.11%
Der Juicen 3 33.33%
Slywalker 0 0%
Zimbomonkey 1 11.11%
Texas A' Wreckus 0 0%
AfterFather 0 0%
God 3 33.33%
Total: 9 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Yeah man we can shoot for sometime on Sunday probably.

I was hoping for something early like 9 or 10 AM so I can be free the rest of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

John Brown posted:

I was hoping for something early like 9 or 10 AM so I can be free the rest of the day.

9 am might be pushing it but 10 am I am comfortable with committing to.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
UCLA R2A

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Z, I'm unexpectedly free right now. You wouldn't happen to be able to play by 9pm CT, would you?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Hey man I'm up so if you want to get this game in earlier just post up otherwise I'll see you on around 10.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Hey man I'm up so if you want to get this game in earlier just post up otherwise I'll see you on around 10.

Just woke up but I'm ready to put up a valiant effort.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Just woke up but I'm ready to put up a valiant effort.

You're prb gonna win, haven't been at my best in a while.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Hm...I think the only bad luck I had was the opening play in which I audibled a go-route that was wide open, but my X button didn't register. Other than that we both threw our share of picks. I don't recall you getting any points from the fumble so that didn't really matter.

If anything the deciding factor was your first downs, and pass rush. I couldn't get a single sack while you racked up 5 of your own. Nebraska is still a young team and it showed by the lack of pressure, and inability to make plays on the ball.

OSU wins 28-21. GG

E: Before this game I had been sacked 5x all season lol.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 16:17 on May 18, 2014

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

It was a good game, the fumble didn't end up mattering, although the time you lost was critical as I got a couple first downs and managed to make it so that the next stop I got let me bleed out the clock. OSU hung on and missed a couple prime opportunities imo, the facemask on a 3rd down tackle in the backfield hurt (although it was followed up with that fumble), and the missed INT before your last score. I managed to be a little more diverse on offense and defense this time and my safeties are an upgrade this season over last, they definitely made some big stops against runners in the open field and some passes. Much more pleased with this years iteration of this team.

If I hadn't thrown the goal line INT this game probably feels a little more comfortable for me. Probably see you in the title game. Felt good to make our rivalry a rivalry again haha

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I know I technically stood a chance until that last conversion but I really felt out of it. It was really a bland game from both sides - so disappointing as compared to VT vs Miami.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

I know I technically stood a chance until that last conversion but I really felt out of it. It was really a bland game from both sides - so disappointing as compared to VT vs Miami.

I agree it was a tight game, but not really as exciting as our VT/Miami games.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wreckus, may sure to destroy Notre Dame, please.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

John Brown posted:

Wreckus, may sure to destroy Notre Dame, please.

Ill take care of them tonight.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I feel an advance coming.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Wreckus, I'm pretty sure we have a game coming up next - in case we are advancing after your game with ND and you want to knock it out tonight.

My wife just left for overseas for the next 2 weeks so I'm free pretty much any night, so not trying to rush it!

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

cletus42o posted:

Wreckus, I'm pretty sure we have a game coming up next - in case we are advancing after your game with ND and you want to knock it out tonight.

My wife just left for overseas for the next 2 weeks so I'm free pretty much any night, so not trying to rush it!

I'm trying to crank out all my games (B1G, SEC, ACC and Carousel) tonight then I'll have to go to bed. Unfortunately I won't be back in town until the day after Memorial Day. I'm not trying to hold up any dynasties so hopefully that's not a problem.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Well I didn't destroy them, but friend of the goons James Franklin coaches his Nittany Lions to an upset victory over #7 Notre Dame by a final score of 21-13.

Penn State has now won 3 in a row and improves to 3-2 on the season.

Like I mentioned to Cletus, I won't be back until the Tuesday after Memorial Day so hopefully he doesn't mind waiting until then to play me.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Like I mentioned to Cletus, I won't be back until the Tuesday after Memorial Day so hopefully he doesn't mind waiting until then to play me.
Oh I don't mind - I just thought I'd throw it out there in case we could make it happen. I wasn't in any rush to do it. We're not advanced yet anyway!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Woot woot! Washington won their advance against Arizona. Which means...

It's Week 7!

User Matchups:
#1 OSU (ZSB) vs #3 Michigan St (Diodeous):siren: Game of the week :siren:
Michigan (cletus) vs Penn St (Wreckus)

CPU Games:
USC
Northwestern
UCLA
Washington

No Byes

Enjoy the time with your families, loved ones, or yourself. Let's try to advance by next Friday.

E: Fresh insta-commit on a 79OVR DE. Whoop!

John Brown fucked around with this message at 13:07 on May 20, 2014

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Well Dio, Wednesday night has potential, and unlike many I'll be around all weekend with no gf so I guess name yourself a time for my 2nd top 5 matchup in as many weeks.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Wednesday night or sometime Saturday work for me. Wife is driving to New Smyrna for a birthday party on Saturday so I should be free all day and night

Diodeous fucked around with this message at 13:32 on May 20, 2014

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Wednesday night or sometime Saturday work for me. Wife is driving to New Smyrna for a birthday party on Saturday so I should be free all day and night

Let's aim to play Saturday afternoon then.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Loss to OSU followed up by a turnover-filled performance against Purdue.

Next season can't get here quick enough.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dio want to play at around 3 CT?

e: I'll be around all day so post up if you want to play. I can go whenever.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 24, 2014

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Wife didn't end up going out of town so I was with her all day. Tonight and tomorrow are no good, how is your Monday?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Wife didn't end up going out of town so I was with her all day. Tonight and tomorrow are no good, how is your Monday?

Could do it earlier in the day.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Could do it earlier in the day.

I am going to the beach in the morning so I could do it super early I.e. 9am est or much later like 8pm est? Totally open on Monday

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

I am going to the beach in the morning so I could do it super early I.e. 9am est or much later like 8pm est? Totally open on Monday

I meant in like the morning on Monday 10 am CT work?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I know what you meant, just throwing it out there. That should work, ill let you know otherwise

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Having serious marriage troubles, May be mia for a bit. Just AP and play the game. Horribly depressed

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Having serious marriage troubles, May be mia for a bit. Just AP and play the game. Horribly depressed

Dude that's no good, focus on that. NCAA will still be here later.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

^Pretty much what he said.

Go rekindle that flame young Casanova.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dio is now AP'ed - unfortunately.

Let's get back on track and advance Friday night. The only user game is Penn St vs Michigan, while Washington and (now) OSU have CPU games.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

I'll be online tonight starting around 7:30pm Eastern - if you can play tonight, let me know. If not, I'm open the next two nights too!

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

cletus42o posted:

I'll be online tonight starting around 7:30pm Eastern - if you can play tonight, let me know. If not, I'm open the next two nights too!

Sorry I missed you last night. I'll be on the next two nights also

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Sorry I missed you last night. I'll be on the next two nights also
Cool, I'm online now, going to eat something but I'll check in to see if you're online occasionally.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

PSU wins the upset over #4 Michigan in a full throttle offensive game 38-28.

Cletus was poised to lead the Wolverines to a W with a late 4th quarter drive, but his QB fumbled the ball which lead to a score that put the Nittany Lions up by 10. His QB fumbled again on the ensuing drive.

I hate to win on two last minute fumbles, but Penn State moves on to continue their run through the B1G.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan falls to Penn State, 28-38.

Really good back-and-forth game, looked like it wouldn't get decided until the end, but then Gardner lost two fumbles to end the last two Michigan drives. Only turnovers of the game.

Hayes adds another return TD to make it 3 for the season and Beyer gets to 8 sacks.

GG Wreckus!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wreckus has been pulling some upsets lately. Good stuff.

That was our last UvU game so we're definitely advancing Friday night. Zimbo, I saw you post in TFF. Are you back in-town?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'll get the game in tonight I think.

• Locked thread