Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be included in the "Big 4"?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 1 11.11%
Piper 0 0%
John Brown 0 0%
Cletus 0 0%
Diodeous 1 11.11%
Der Juicen 3 33.33%
Slywalker 0 0%
Zimbomonkey 1 11.11%
Texas A' Wreckus 0 0%
AfterFather 0 0%
God 3 33.33%
Total: 9 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Diodeous posted:

What do you mean by the game? I already won the state

What you talkin bout lil bro he's talkin about THE GAME that matters against THE Ohio State.

e: Also don't advance I need to play my CPU game try and get it done today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Yeah, The Game, the one where I upset top-ranked Ohio State for the second season in a row!

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

You've still lost your state twice in a row, homie!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Diodeous posted:

You've still lost your state twice in a row, homie!
Sorry to disappoint, but our season is a success when we win The Game. A loss to Michigan State may have just been what we needed to adjust our game to pull out a win against Ohio State, and that's how we look at it.

:downs:

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

What you talkin bout lil bro he's talkin about THE GAME that matters against THE Ohio State.

e: Also don't advance I need to play my CPU game try and get it done today.

FYI I'm advancing the moment my internet is up and running. I have faith in your Buckeyes against a poor Purdue roster.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

FYI I'm advancing the moment my internet is up and running. I have faith in your Buckeyes against a poor Purdue roster.

I got it done man, no worries. Pummeled Purdue, no points surrendered despite me never playing D.

Cletus, I already had 2 losses last season lol, so you get your shot at the real big time this year. Although you did deny me a BCS game. You'll have a real good shot again his year with half my offense injured.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

FYI, I injured cletus's QB for the season when I played him, so you don't have to deal with Devin Gardner.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

FYI, I injured cletus's QB for the season when I played him, so you don't have to deal with Devin Gardner.
I probably would have done better against you if he had already been injured heading into our game. :)

Also, pretty sure I didn't have Gardner last season either. He is always one play away from injury. The way I use him as a crutch doesn't help that of course!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Week 14 Muthafuckas!

User Matchups:
:siren: THE GAME :siren:
#10 Michigan at #3 OSU

CPU Games:
Nebraska
Northwestern (Piper)
Michigan State (Dio)
Penn State (Wreckus)

Byes:
USC
UCLA

Yo, real talk, I'm going back to 72-hr advances for CPU games, and I will be pretty harsh about them. We need to pick up speed.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
ZSB, lemme know when you can play! Tonight would be really tough but I could see about it if you can name times. Tomorrow will be a little iffy with the World Cup and my plans for the day, but night may work out. Monday evening will absolutely work though and will get us in right in time for the 72 hour window. Let me know your schedule.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

ZSB, lemme know when you can play! Tonight would be really tough but I could see about it if you can name times. Tomorrow will be a little iffy with the World Cup and my plans for the day, but night may work out. Monday evening will absolutely work though and will get us in right in time for the 72 hour window. Let me know your schedule.

Tomorrow or Monday can be made to work. Evening after all that is over is fine by me.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Tomorrow or Monday can be made to work. Evening after all that is over is fine by me.
You around now? I have an hour or two window to play. It's 10:40am Eastern now.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

You around now? I have an hour or two window to play. It's 10:40am Eastern now.

Nah sorry man, just got up, let's shoot for tomorrow night I guess?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Nah sorry man, just got up, let's shoot for tomorrow night I guess?
Sure, that's fine. If you do log in over the next few hours, definitely look for me - same for tonight. But tomorrow night is definitely going to work.

JB - I am going to be out of town next weekend FYI. Friday - Sunday, not long. Heading to the Seattle area for a wedding.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Sure, that's fine. If you do log in over the next few hours, definitely look for me - same for tonight. But tomorrow night is definitely going to work.

JB - I am going to be out of town next weekend FYI. Friday - Sunday, not long. Heading to the Seattle area for a wedding.

It's possible we could play later this afternoon, but if not tomorrow evening. Possibly after my ACC game.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'm available to play this afternoon if you make it on.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

I'm available to play this afternoon if you make it on.
Just got back from being out for the World Cup. We should just plan on tomorrow night, preferably sometime between 7-9pm Eastern.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Will try to play my game after work tonight, but this broad I'm seeing right now has me spun, so that might take precedence

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey ZSB, what time tonight do you think you can get on?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

Will try to play my game after work tonight, but this broad I'm seeing right now has me spun, so that might take precedence

Haha broad? I haven't heard that word in at least a decade.

Anyway, I'm advancing us Tuesday night regardless. Do what you gotta do.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Hey ZSB, what time tonight do you think you can get on?

I can be on at 7 ET to knock this thing out.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

I can be on at 7 ET to knock this thing out.
Sweet, I'm home and ready when you are.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GG ZSB!

Ohio State had the lead the whole time, but it was looking good for Michigan up until an untimely pick 6 in the 3rd quarter. Almost got a safety off of it, he made the pick and got carried into the end zone, but was able to break away and made a monster return for the TD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS8T0BRt2ec

Bad throw on my part but drat that was so close to a safety. Amazing return there.

After that, it was a bit of a comedy of errors for me. More picks, a fumble.. Ouch.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office
#19 PSU tops the Hoosiers 42-7 to close out the season.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

God dammit! I really thought I'd be in the B1G CG. I'll edit in the advance here in a sec.

:siren: Conference Championship Week! :siren:

#5 Michigan State @ #2 OSU
#4 USC vs #12 Oregon

Looks like if ZSB wins he'll be matched up against a CPU for the BCSNC. However, Sly and Dio would bumping heads in a USER ROSE BOWL GAME.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 15, 2014

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

GG ZSB!

Ohio State had the lead the whole time, but it was looking good for Michigan up until an untimely pick 6 in the 3rd quarter. Almost got a safety off of it, he made the pick and got carried into the end zone, but was able to break away and made a monster return for the TD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS8T0BRt2ec

Bad throw on my part but drat that was so close to a safety. Amazing return there.

After that, it was a bit of a comedy of errors for me. More picks, a fumble.. Ouch.

Yeah this was a tight game up till the end of the 3rd and then I scored twice in the last minute to put me up 49-21 which basically ended the game on turnovers. Team will play for TITLES.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I probably won't have time for the big game until the weekend. Started a new job this week and seeing a new girl, so all my time this week is eaten up

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

I probably won't have time for the big game until the weekend. Started a new job this week and seeing a new girl, so all my time this week is eaten up

Just get it done as soon as you can please - even if that includes waiting until this weekend.

This season has taken forever, and I promise you, the next season will not take nearly as long.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Yeah this was a tight game up till the end of the 3rd and then I scored twice in the last minute to put me up 49-21 which basically ended the game on turnovers. Team will play for TITLES.
BTW you totally jacked my guy Hayes from breaking the all-time single season return TD record. He's currently tied for it with 5 return TDs, and you stopped him like 3 yards short from getting the 6th. I don't know if the game keeps track of that record (I know I looked up the all-time single season record on an actual CFB stats website) though.

Recruiting seems to have gone much better for me this season. I'm excited to see the upcoming team.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yo, I might have time Thursday night, but Sunday is totally open

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

BTW you totally jacked my guy Hayes from breaking the all-time single season return TD record. He's currently tied for it with 5 return TDs, and you stopped him like 3 yards short from getting the 6th. I don't know if the game keeps track of that record (I know I looked up the all-time single season record on an actual CFB stats website) though.

Recruiting seems to have gone much better for me this season. I'm excited to see the upcoming team.

I gave up chasing him and then that last guy came streaking in with enough to catch him, sorry man. He was legit scary as a returner, my kicker just didn't have enough to force an auto touchback every kick, he was good for 40 yards almost every return.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

I gave up chasing him and then that last guy came streaking in with enough to catch him, sorry man. He was legit scary as a returner, my kicker just didn't have enough to force an auto touchback every kick, he was good for 40 yards almost every return.

Lou Holtz: (insert lisp here) I always say you should have at least one safety on kick off returns just in case of situations like this.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Why is Randy Gregory rated so low? He's an 82 OVR Junior (R) on my squad.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Piper, lets plan something for tomorrow if you're free during the day.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

ZSB is your opponent this week.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

ZSB, lets plan something for tomorrow if you're free during the day.

Prb will not be free today to play this game. Tomorrow later afternoon/evening could prb work though.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Just keep me updated. Earlier the better for me

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Had some afternoon time open up, if you're around we can play.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Today / tonight is no good. Tomorrow from like 9 am est until about 6 est I will be free, otherwise it might not happen til the week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Today / tonight is no good. Tomorrow from like 9 am est until about 6 est I will be free, otherwise it might not happen til the week

No worries man, I'll figure out a window. Tenatively say 3-4 et?

• Locked thread