Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be included in the "Big 4"?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 1 11.11%
Piper 0 0%
John Brown 0 0%
Cletus 0 0%
Diodeous 1 11.11%
Der Juicen 3 33.33%
Slywalker 0 0%
Zimbomonkey 1 11.11%
Texas A' Wreckus 0 0%
AfterFather 0 0%
God 3 33.33%
Total: 9 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Texas, give me a time that's good for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Penn State, are you around at all the next couple of days?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Have you tried deleting your tuner data and cache?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I tried it in the SEC league. No dice. That seems to be a problem on the server side.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Alright. I hate that it has to be like that, though.

EDIT: It's done.

zimbomonkey fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Apr 28, 2014

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

AfterFather posted:

Something is wrong with this picture.

Well no wonder UCLA won- they had Akron helping them!

Wait that makes no sense.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Let's add to the list of things that makes no sense, shall we? I log in to the Dynasty and it tells me that:

A)It's week 1 of the 2013 season
B) I'm somehow 7-8 (remember, week 1)
C) I'm ranked #15
D) I have -37770 experience. That's right, negative.

What the hell is going on?

Edit: This might be the problem the other guy was having. I'll delete everything and see where I get.

Edit 2: Yup, problem fixed. Everything looks fine now.

zimbomonkey fucked around with this message at 06:20 on May 3, 2014

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Alright, diodeous, when's good for you? It's finals week so I have some stuff I have to do but I'll try to make time.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

No number pumping here. My team will take the National Championship over meaningless individual awards any day of the week.

(But ASJ and Miles will still win individual awards)

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

how about 7:30?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

7:45 it is

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I was too a few minutes ago. Keep trying

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

John Brown posted:

Advanced to Week 4!

User Matchups:
UCLA (AF) vs Northwestern (Piper)
Nebraska (JB) vs Washington (Zimbo)

CPU Games:
Michigan St
Penn State
Wisconsin
USC
OSU
Michigan (you have my consent to put 200 on Bama)

No byes this week. Let's try to advance by Thursday.

Zimbo, tomorrow around 9pm CT would work for me.

10 EST? That sounds good if you're still down.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

My internet connection is fuuuuucked,

Good game otherwise.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Whoops, I missed the week advancing or something. I can play tonight, but I've been having some issues with my internet so I'm not sure how successful it will be.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I'm on right now if you can go.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Good game Sly. Sorry I denied you a thrilling overtime by going for 2 at the end but I had some people pestering me to get offline. Still, I'll see you in the championship.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Also I guess I should mention that I'm going out of town from tomorrow to next Saturday or Sunday so you should probably AP me.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I'll get my game played tonight.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I'm having internet problems so I have a guy coming to look at it tomorrow. So I'll be able to play sometime after sometime between 8 am and 6 pm.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

AfterFather posted:

Lets try for around 10 am

Tomorrow?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Between 10 and 11 central okay?

It may be rough from this point out, since the cable guy basically told me that my internet problem can't be fixed. I've been having problems with not being able to keep connected to games. It's a wiring issue and he can't fix my wiring because it belongs to the apartment complex I live in. Hopefully it won't end up being a problem, just know in advance that disconnects may happen.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I don't know if I'll be able to play. My internet is completely hosed.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

John Brown posted:

Are you sure it isn't your router/modem?

Yes, the guy that came plugged some detector thing into the cable line and said he was getting a bad signal from every single channel but channel 1. The only reason I have uptime at all is because 1 works. He said he's supposed to get a reading of ten something or others and he's only getting like 9.6. Apparently this is a bigger deal than a .4 difference would seem to be. I'm the only one in the building with cable internet. Everyone else uses Centurylink DSL because they're all old or just don't care about internet speeds. However, the front office is having the same problem too. They're trying to work getting it fixed into the budget.

cletus42o posted:

Yeah, if you were playing games fine before, then it does seem unusual that the wiring in your building suddenly went bad enough to affect your gaming (but presumably not your general web browsing?).

I had the same type of issue with Time Warner, they blamed it on my building, but it turned out it was a problem with their equipment in the area. Do you know anyone else in your building who is having similar problems?

Try these two sites:

http://www.speedtest.net
http://www.pingtest.net

What results do you get?

It isn't a problem for web browsing because it goes for like a second and then comes back. If I'm browsing I can just reload. If I'm in an Xbox game, this is long enough to get booted. This used to happen like once every few hours but now it's every 10-15 minutes if I get that long.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I do have my own cable modem and as far as I can tell it's working fine. Plus, like I said, the front office has outages at the same time as me. It's a Motorola Surfboard Modem/Wifi router combo. Cletus was right about the DOCSIS thing. You can't control the channels- they just change themselves when the current channel isn't at optimal speed.

I've been playing this stupid game of back and forth for months and even the front office agrees with me that the problem is their wiring. They're trying to get replacing it into the budget. For now it's slightly irritating, but it only really affects playing video games online. I'm going to be traveling so much over the next few months anyway it doesn't really matter.

And Cletus, I have checked that page a lot. Every channel has over 10000 uncorrectable errors except 1, which only has 1500. It accumulates about 1000 a day and the number resets when I reset the modem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

AfterFather posted:

Holy poo poo where do you live? Try and find an area that has Verizon Fios as most Telco's will have their poo poo together there to compete.

I live in Ocala, FL and my cable provider is Cox. I can't really move, and in an apartment building it doesn't matter anyway. You use whoever the complex has a deal with. And even if they hooked up Verizon FiOs tomorrow, it would probably produce the same results with the 35 year old wiring the building has.

Not that Cox isn't a lovely company in its own right. In February they called me up and told me that by exceeding my bandwidth cap I was in violation of federal law (yes, those words) and that if I did it again they would have to cancel my service and there was nothing they could do about it because ~federal law~.

• Locked thread