Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I haven't played D2 in probably close to ten years, but planning to play D2:R upon release. I recall from my last play experience that I found the controls kind of clunky, largely in that you had to click around to move and then click again to attack, etc. Are there any control setups that alleviate this and perhaps use the keyboard, either for navigation or for attacking? I find the excessive left click aspect to be an annoyance, but also in my old age find that it causes a physical strain due to the repetitive action. I also read on previous pages about using a controller for playing and I'd be open to that if it's superior to the keyboard and mouse set-up that I currently have, but I don't own a controller (so please recommend one if the controller is the way to go).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Is it easy to switch back and forth from controller to mouse+keyboard while in game? Like if I wanted to go to town and sell stuff and manage inventory, presumably that is easier with mouse.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

The Mash posted:

Don't play trapsin. There's still the bug where some traps, including death sentry, count as unique mobs and as a result, fewer uniques spawn. If you have no class allegiance but want to be able to farm gear easily, it's always Sorc.

This seems like a major, class breaking bug, and it's bizarre to think it was never addressed. "Working as intended", I guess?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

MrSargent posted:

From what I have read, Diablo 2 Resurrected is primarily being worked on by Vicarious Visions (under Blizzard) and are not the same group that did the WC3 remaster. Vicarious also did the Tony Hawk Pro Skater remake which was really well done.

Oh, that's good to hear, I thought the THPS remake was great.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

codo27 posted:

I was playing with two older guys my brother knew and I snatched up an eth shako off of meph when they killed him. Someone stole it from me later in a trade with some kinda hack

(Dumb newbie question) what exactly are eth variations of a weapon?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Is that Trapsin bug the one that was discussed a few pages ago about certain traps preventing the spawn of unique monsters?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

External Organs posted:

You get a single respec through a quest in act 1 - one for each difficulty (normal/nightmare/hell). So don't use it right away and think it's something you can keep doing. You can technically get more via getting some endgame drops but this isn't realistic at the beginning of the game.

Do you get one imbue per difficulty, as well? And how do you make the determination of when to use it?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

codo27 posted:

Ok I'm not searching twinked at work, I thought I knew what it meant with only dark souls context but I guess not. What is it?

"Twinking" in gaming parlance is giving high level or otherwise difficult to acquire gear to a low level player that would not normally be able to obtain it.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

30GB haha. At least I have space on my SSD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

movement and most directional casting/shooting/attacking feels very good, but inventory management has to be done like with a mouse via the analog sticks so that's gonna be slower and it's possible some of the more esoteric skills (summoning/teleport) haven't been tested yet

Can you use both controller and mouse? Like, out leveling and killing stuff I'm using controller, but I can then pick up items with my mouse. When I port back to town, I use mouse, then port back and resume using controller? It is seamless or do I need to go into a menu to toggle which I am using?