Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'm sure it's gonna look great on a switch while pooping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Y'all mad about the barbarian should look up weightlifting videos of lasha talakhadze. He's the best at it and looks exactly what you should expect a really strong super heavy weight to look like.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Smythe posted:

i think theyre mostly qqing about how they jacked up the amazons insane og boobers & bod, + face & beautiful blonde hair perfectly ponytailed as if to weave through the back of a snapback like our nascar gfs do. which is fair but is also based on being thirsty for a low poly video game character which is questionable to say the least. IMO of course.

All the demon blood splattering about will just ruin any amount of makeup so why bother?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

barge posted:

The character silhouettes look a lot less distinct and the little details they threw in don't help much. They'll probably look cool in cutscenes or w/e but in the game the more cartoony original designs make a lot more sense to me in a game like diablo where you're zoomed way out

I was thinking about bringing up Mattie Rogers as a comparison to the Amazon. Olympic level weightlifting is a wild ride of people with enormous legs.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Smythe posted:

this is a side question but did anyone ever give a rats rear end about the d3 story? seems like everybody knew the d1->d2 story kuz it was epic as gently caress, but nobody i know knows the d3 story or cares. maybe thats just me showing my age. idk

Diablo 3: Diablo comes back and sacks heaven. The end.

Reaper: attack and dethrone death but it's way less cool than you think.

Ignore everything else about it because it's bad and D4 probably shelves next to all the trash tier star wars expanded universe books.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

its already happening and its making me lol

Wanna watch that guy go to a grocery store or some other mundane task.

I think the inventory thing for me depends on the size of the shared stash. I must hoard everything. Charms taking up half the space is fine. I just pretend my character makes the charm jingle with every step.

The entire loot issue could be solved with instanced loot but that might make people like the above mad.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Suburban Dad posted:

That's the thing to do right now. The Nintendo model. Buy games you already have played... Again! Cash in on the nostalgia that our generation is too dumb to not give in on. :v:

Nintendo really struck a goldmine with the switch.

You can now play your favorite childhood games... on the crapper!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Star Man posted:

I wonder how many people who praise the Switch for its portability never let theirs leave the house.

Who leaves the house?

I'm sure mine will leave the house a lot when kiddo is old enough to play.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Probably goes the direction the character is facing. D3 did some hit box or targeting help on console if I remember right.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Khorne posted:

nope, worse in some ways because they don't really care

If you want no botting there are pservers where it's not allowed and they have gms who actually even join random games.

I'm not sure what will happen with community servers when d2r comes out.

I think there was a d3 ban wave last summer. Feels like I remember seeing one every few seasons so like once a year. Not sure if they just boot that account off the season leaderboards or lock it. D3 botting is about paragon points and stat inflation though and not farming a zombie bro for his stuff.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Vakal posted:

Just a heads up that the Path of Diablo mod is having its server reset today.

One of the main new additions is a rune/gem storage page in the stash:

Any of these mods worth dropping a :20bux: on digital copy? I did eastern sun back when it was a thing.

My original D2 disks have been lost to time. Or likely still at my college fraternity spreading the joys of diablo 2 a decade and a half later.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

THE BAR posted:

If you ever registered the game on the battle.net webzone, it should still be there on your account to download.

Thank you! I checked my transaction history and found I already gave them $20 like a decade ago.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mooseontheloose posted:

I know this is really minor but it was a bit disappointing that D3 didn't really like feel like it was connected to Diablo 2 at all. Diablo 2 felt like it really expanded the game universe while still also tying into the last game.

If they're smart they'll forget everything about the D3 story.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Suburban Dad posted:

Lol at playing action rpgs for the story. I don't remember hardly anything from 2 or 3 but yes 3 was much worse. Diablo with tiddies is pretty funny, however.

You couldn't avoid the story onslaught until adventure mode was introduced in the expansion either. Wanna do anything in act 3? Hope you like azmodan telling you his plan each run.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

WITCHCRAFT posted:

well now I feel silly. I was assuming you were playing vanilla. Ignore my previous post. I have never tried PD2.

I find it interesting that PD2 has buffed crossbows, because Resurgence (which I have played) also buffed crossbows. It's a cool weapon type but in vanilla D2 was pretty trash across the board.

Was Buriza good back in the old days? I never played online before 1.10 but buriza had a cameo in dota so maybe it was actually cool and good once? I dunno.

Was the level-based +damage mod good enough to make it worth using in non-expansion Diablo II? I never got into that scene.

Buriza was only in the expansion.

Before 1.10, it was the go-to for bowzons since it was easily found. The toyota camry of the amazons. Cheap, functional, and it got you murdering hell cows with multishot. Then all that changed and better options were available so it fell off. Windforce was still king poo poo back then but those were expensive.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

smug jeebus posted:

Do these stack?

Yes, curses and auras can both be applied. You only get one curse, however.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Khorne posted:

bow zons are one of the worst classes still despite being something lots of people are interested in. Javazon is still good but lacking in mobility.

I miss when bow zons were considered okay a very long time ago.

Multishot with the buriza rocked cows way back when. Murdered so many cows with that and a nova+static sorc. This was pre 1.10.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Smythe posted:

have ye no decency. no respect for the craft. for the art. the heritage.

Diablo 2 heritage not hate.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Wonder if they'll let you stash extra charms in your shared stash.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Why have two separate tracts, ladder vs non-ladder, start completely fresh at launch? Just call the launch season 1 and open up the ladder later with a fresh reset.

It's been a while since I played official d2, does their ladder work like d3 seasons? After the season, everything gets dumped to non-season?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Khorne posted:

because no one plays non-ladder. It's a retirement home & a place to pvp.

There won't be any old characters to retire at launch and there won't be items of ye olden days to make perfect pvp sets from. Everyone starts fresh. From a gameplay perspective, it's no different than a fresh ladder reset since it has all the cool ladder only stuff.

I'm saying having a ladder vs non ladder is completely pointless at launch. Nonladder needs old, retired ladder characters and loot to create the nonladder experience. That won't exist until people play the game. So it's basically a ladder only mode at the start.

Who knows if we'll get ladder resets though. Personally, I hope we do and we get seasonal gimmicks like d3.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Khorne posted:

To be clear, no ladder is fine on launch. Provided they actually deliver a reasonable system in a reasonable amount of time. My point was more once ladder comes out there's almost no incentive to play nonladder even if you are a casual player.

Maybe if they have/add an achievement system and have grail stuff like slashdiablo has we might see a vibrant NL community, but as far as I know they haven't announced anything like that. It's mildly unsettling that pservers still have a better feature set & didn't remove things the community likes.

Not launching with a ladder if they had it coded and ready is fine. Everyone is under the impression that they haven't even really started working on a ladder system yet which isn't a great sign given the drastic overhauls to bnet, it existing on various systems, wc3, etc.

I'm think it'll go one two ways. First one's a complete tire fire where they put out the game then do nothing after. No ladder resets or seasons or anything to keep it fresh. Most of us burn out in a couple months and never come back. Then D4 comes out in 2031.

Other way is just routine resets. Maybe we'll get fixes or new stuff but not likely. Ideally, they'd do the d3 model and spice things up with seasonal gimmicks. D2s a lot slower so resets should be further apart. At least as a filthy casual gamer dad I'd appreciate the d3 seasonal model.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

codo27 posted:

My old friend still jokes about it how we'd join games with people looking for someone to park to transfer their stuff and we'd just take it and go. It was always poo poo tier stuff but still.

Never forget joining a cow game late and checking anyway, and finding an unid unique ring among the loot. Bul-kathos wedding band. Then, in another game with my original bowazon who I'd only managed to level to 89 somehow as a fuckin kid with nothing to do who could play all the time, I died and then popped and lost everything save my loving buriza which someone gave back to me. I remember going upstairs (because of course I was in my parents basement) and telling my parents I was done with the game. Naturally they complained about how much I played it.

The game almost evokes the smell of that basement for me sometimes, where we had insect troubles so my friends and me would refer to it as the maggot lair.

Oh man I'm pretty sure playing d2 so much in my younger days taught me how to spot spear phishing. So many attempts to get people to pop or steal their stuff.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Aces High posted:

What the hell is everyone talking about with quest drop and bosses?

I ask this as someone who never played ladder or online past 1.09

First time you kill a boss on each difficulty you get bonus drops. Not sure if it's more drops or just better quality loot. It's tied to the last quest in each act.

However! You can bug andariel into always doing bonus drop by killing her, taking the portal that spawns back, immediately going to the next act, then quitting the game. Do not talk to anyone else except the guy to go to act 2. It'll permanently bug that character into bonus drop.

Ways to do the other bosses too but they're not permanent and annoying.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

External Organs posted:

Huh. I never knew that. Seems like a good way to farm low level uniques in NM and Hell.

Best way to get certain items like soj and shako too I think.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

chaosapiant posted:

Very true. Also, for me personally, I thought the WC3 remake was….fine. All I wanted to do was replay the campaigns and I can do that, in Ultrawide, and it looks great.

WC3 was a good rts. What turned it into an all-time great rts was the online play and customs. Without a good online experience, the game fell pretty flat and ruined it for a lot of people.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Durendal posted:

For as solved as a game that D2 is, it is hard to find builds and gearing resources.

Maxroll.gg dudes seem to have a pretty good resource repository going for d2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

alg posted:

their launch strategy makes sense, 8am PST launch allows their operations teams to work a (long) normal day instead of working starting in the middle of the night when they are less effective

Blizz does 8am pst launches a lot iirc.