Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Namtab posted:

There's a lot of light novels to adapt, so they've only got themselves to blame for spending so many episodes on the wizard olympics.

Are there? I was under the impression most LNs were really bad? Are they even popular there, are they like comparable to lovely genre novels here? I know there's not much point in reading them in translation because they're badly written as-is, and then the translation makes it even worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Srice posted:

I guess it depends, since if you're talking about otaku then it's a decent-sized hit by those standards, but there have been other recent hits that have performed better.

Now, mainstream? Haha nope.

Yeah but all original animes are considered to be maladjusted nerd poo poo by the mainstream right? This isn't news

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm sure there's a subset of shut-in nerds who would prefer their women clad head to foot in kimono, their feet bound so they can only take tiny steps.

The Japanese (and Koreans IIRC) never bound feet, that was exclusively a Chinese thing. :eng101: I feel like the author would be pretty obsessed with that fact considering his opinion of the Chinese in general.

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Aug 29, 2014

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Serious Frolicking posted:

I can't really judge that too harshly. After all, for like a year I avidly played an mmo with anime running on a second monitor. When you barely pay attention, you can end up watching some awful stuff. Though really, 'avidly playing an mmo while also watching anime' is a pretty harsh thing to admit to all on its own.

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem

• Locked thread