Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
If you do not have HBO we all know who's fault it is.
gently caress YOU CHRIS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

He needs to do a story on the vagesty and stupid buildings

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Apoplexy posted:

We should feel sorry for Kentuckyans: They're responsible for Mitch McConnell ever being in the Senate. I, frankly, don't understand how anyone can live with that moral burden for any length of time. Is it the Oxy that helps?

Boyd Crowder for Senate. He maybe an ex-Nazi and drug boss, but at least he is honest!

drat beaten with a Boyd joke.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I just want one gently caress you chris on the show, or at least show Mt. gently caress you chris.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

BigRed0427 posted:

So what do you hit to leave a comment? And what should I say, I Want it to be more than just "gently caress you, Comcast."

Does gently caress you Chris work?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Paradox Personified posted:

Why don't we all throw together a bunch of PBXs and switchboards and make our own internet? It's been done for years, just not en masse.
Of course I didn't sleep last night so I'm sure I'm way off of anything that could be plausible in real life.

It would be easy since the internet is just a serious of tubes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You can also get a coffee mug with it on it.
http://thebugleus.spinshop.com/details/194684?parent_url=http%3A%2F%2Fthebuglepodcast.com%2Fbugle-merchandise%2F

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ultramiraculous posted:

Wasn't she the one where they said giving her a fuckeulogy was more validation than she deserves?

Wasn't it that she has not had any real influence in years, and giving her one would make it seem like she has?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

IRQ posted:

Yeah but if you can get the real thing there's comedy value to that. And I can't imagine it's that hard to get right said fred.

We also know that Assad is a big fan of Rights Said Fred.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I am not a dingo.

Prove it

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

VagueRant posted:

What was this? I must have missed it.

Jetski mention. You must have been too busy on your jetski so you missed it,

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

JohnSherman posted:

I would love for you to tell me who "the right ones" are. :rolleyes:

I think he means right as people on the right.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

No waffles?

T-SHIRT CANNON!

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jun 23, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

GM has recalled another 8.2 million vehicles.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Good old Jerry and his love letters

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

This is America!!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

drat this is depressing

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

BigRed0427 posted:

How big of a bubble do you live in where that is shocking?

I know but it's depressing being reminded.

Also gently caress that guy

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

A Pale Horse posted:

The more Bugles I listen to the less I like Andy. I even prefer (gently caress you) Chris to Andy. The only time he's ever funny is reacting to John.

I think you need more punruns!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

sbaldrick posted:

Given that fuckeulogy needs to enter the lexicon of general use, I hope Dick Cheney finally dies.

Of course HBO should fly Andy over if he's going to do one not to speak, just to wear a funny America outfit.

Would he be riding a jetski?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Heners_UK posted:

A jetski with fireworks and guns, and a grill with ribs being cooked on it in old style barbecue sauce.

You forgot about the home run derby!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

MikeJF posted:

All of these plans are missing t-shirt cannons and are therefore invalid.

That is just assumed!!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You think people go crazy over the death penalty? They go even crazier over guns. The craziness over guns is not even close to the craziness Israel brings out.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

If anyone lives in the Boston area he is doing standup here on December 30th.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jesus Christ that nursing school. Holy poo poo this is fucken horrible. John Oliver loves to troll these shitheads

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 8, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DivisionPost posted:

Oliver's doing Scottish independence tonight.

He should have help from a person who does a comedy show in Scotland every year.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

jojoinnit posted:

This is never gonna happen. Andy has a face for podcasts and he knows it.

Fe: also everyone does fringe it's not like he'll have some special insight. poo poo I'm getting mad at myself for taking this somewhat seriously.

I just want an Andy appearance and Scottish related pun run

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

SlothfulCobra posted:

I knew that there was an embargo, and I guess I just assumed it would go on indefinitely. I had no idea that it had to be constantly renewed, and all Obama would have to do is not sign something.

God knows why it's still going. The cold war's long dead, and even Fidel Castro is out of power. And we dropped the embargo against North Korea of all places.

Florida voters. They have a huge Cuban refuge population, and anything that shows any support towards the Cuban government could lose votes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

InflateableFerret posted:

We are not in an official war besides the Korean War. You do identify people before you kill them, because you don't want to kill civilians. We are not terrorists, we have morals and laws to uphold and abide by. You are a really bad troll.

He is right that by not identify every last enemy combatant before you kill him you are committing a war crime.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

Wow, the Ayn Rand segment was the laziest thing this show has every done.

"We don't agree with Ayn Rand's philosophy and, uh, she didn't like Reagan or Indians. That's all we got :shrug:"

It was more how she has so many republican followers and at the same time has so many views that they disagree with.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

JT Jag posted:

The Indian bit was somewhat irrelevant, but Ayn Rand's opinions regarding Reagan is certainly relevant in regards to the many mainstream Republicans who quote her like gospel. Remember, the segment wasn't named "Ayn Rand Is Bad", it was named "Why Is This Still A Thing." Ayn Rand had many positions which contradict those of her modern-day followers, so the question is why they still hold her up as some peerless political philosopher.

Yep they even said this in the segment. It was not an attempt to discredit a stupid ideology, but asking why she is still considered so important when her actions go against what her followers believe.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

GutBomb posted:

That unfortunately is just not true. Many republicans in congress today are followers and pushers of randian ideals. It's hardly the fringe.

See also this cocksucker
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Greenspan#Objectivism

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Fragmented posted:

This is like the worst news ever. gently caress you John I wish your show sucked...I'm so sorry...I love you have a good vacation...rear end in a top hat.

He is also going on a standup tour. I can not wait to see him in December. Third time I have seen his stand up. I am also happy how they only talked out the Massachusetts Legislator and its past troubles with the Speakers of the House and ethics issues. We are pretty good in the scale of things.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

njsykora posted:

They're apparently recording tomorrow. And at least we're never going to be subjected to Political Animal again.

Is there a Bugle thread?

Yep http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3438760&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

sbaldrick posted:

I just want the pun run I've been waiting for

You are going to get the pun run we deserve. :(

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sighence posted:

I dont disagree, but really though who could qualify for that, let alone one that might die? Qadafi and bin Laden are intentionally high bars.

Silvio Berlusconi

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

VagueRant posted:

Thatcher didn't get one, Berlusconi definitely wouldn't.

Bashar al-Assad springs to mind.

I forgot their reasoning for Thatcher, but Berlusconi might since they talk about him so much and hold him in so much contempt.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

inthesto posted:

Got to see Oliver do stand-up on New Year's Eve. It was pretty great to see him bring his style of comedy in a completely different format. He also had quite a few jokes stocked specifically for Boston/New England, which gave it extra charm.

The guy has a really entertaining perspective on the USA, too. His jokes all have the underlying idea that the only unifying trait that Americans share is being defiant and spiteful, which explains a lot about the jokes he writes.

He loves his jet skis. He also had an amazing burn on Bill Cosby.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

cool kids inc. posted:

I saw him back in November, and he did this bit about weird things around the country. When told about a local, charming festival, he had to stop the show and google Frozen Dead Guy Days. The whole show was funny, but that was a standout moment for me.

Yep he did the same in Boston. He had to look up pants off t ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Seems that John has added to the list of countries that he has pissed off.

• Locked thread