Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: How is Ayn Rand still a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

meristem posted:

Oh, I fully intend to relax. Although I'd love it if some idiot tried to do more than twitterspam/YouTube comments. (Is a rebuttal video, like that FIFA guy, too much to hope for? Please, oh, please, #GG, try to redpill John Oliver some more...)

Quick, someone activate the Davis Aruni signal!

Also, " congratulations on your white penius" is something I need to start using.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Freaquency posted:

The common rebuttal seems to be "men get harassed too," but gotdamn that 100 instances of harassment against women for every 3.7 instances against men graphic should shut that down no problem. And yet here we are...

It's the same poo poo as "what about black on white crime?"

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Botnit posted:

Ah yes, mentioning even once in a 15 minute rant that women do the same thing is indeed the exact equivalent of firefighters choosing to ignore a house on fire.

And you wonder why no one bothers posting in this thread.

Now go on and continue ignoring the study showing that no, it isn't 3/100 comparison so you can continue living in your SJW tinted biodomes.

Mind if I try an experiment?

I want you to try and find ten examples of John Oliver receving death or rape threats related to yesterday's episode.

If you can, I'll put up a new avatar, your choice.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Dreylad posted:

Oliver's always been like that I think, even before he got famous on The Bugle Andy would lavish John with praise and he'd deflect or turn it into a joke every time.

Speaking of which, at what point is John going to admit he doesn't have the time for the Bugle anymore? :( I hate to see it die but I wouldn't mind it become Andy's Satirist for Hire.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

What is going on in this thread? :psyduck:

Sports man.

Sports.

Also, what's going on with the HBO Go site? The full episode won't load.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Schizotek posted:

I went to a glorious Baptist-run christian school. I was taught that all gay sex involved shoving lightbulbs or arms (it made sure to emphasise that most did it up to the elbow) up your partners rear end before dying of AIDS. This included lesbians. The standard "condoms are useless" bullshit applied as well.

That is if the damage to your colon didn't kill you first. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

I actually got depressed when John said there was no book :(

• Locked thread