Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Rudy is like a bad penny and you can bet after Trump publicly burns him, he's going to try to do a heel turn to get back into politics. It's important that everyone remembers he's not just like this right now from trying to make sense out of Trump's bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Not only that, but if audio and video evidence were enough to bother Trump supporters, they wouldn't be Trump supporters.

They would just pause for a second as their cognitive dissonance center rebooted and continue on.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Mercury only rotates 3 times for every two times it orbits around the sun, so you can't really measure the length of the days by rotation speed since the orbit fucks it up.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

It's an minor issue in the grand scheme of things, but I still hold out hope they will establish an effective genetic technique to restore full color vision to those who have a deficiency. I know they've had some trials with primates that were encouraging. I would love to expand my color palette from tens of thousands to millions of colors.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

In all honesty, it's a tsunami that we cannot possibly hope to stem in the long term.

So the US will ban certain types of alterations or research. Unless the US wants to commit to military intervention with other countries, it's likely that some part of the world will allow the research and changes.

Even if we manage to put a lid on that, technology keeps getting cheaper and more accessible so the biohacker industry becomes more prevalent and successful.

We can pass laws trying to prevent discrimination based on genetic backgrounds, but designer genes are inevitable in the long term.

All of this is likely decades or centuries after our children's deaths, but it's going to come and it's going to be next to impossible to regulate without extreme authoritarian measures.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Eh, spinner sharks aren't really a threat to man. Not to say one couldn't hurt you, but they don't have very big teeth and they don't normally prey on mammals, especially not large ones.

I got caught off guard by dolphins one time and that freaked me out a bit. They were probably a larger threat than a small shark.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

He did announce they would be off, he just did it with a joke.

None of the late night shows maintain normal schedules around the Emmy's. TLS skipped Monday. TDS skipped Monday and Tuesday.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

We all should be. Like, this is storm the castle level poo poo. This man cannot sit on the highest court in the land and he likely shouldn't even be a federal judge. The Republicans are going to ram him through however and they are doing it for no other reason than "gently caress you Dems."

It's the ultimate expression of gently caress the other side first, what's good for the country is distant last. The only way to repair what's being done here is to impose Supreme Court term limits and that's never going to happen in our lifetime.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Don't worry, we all won't be around long enough to worry about it

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/07/climate/ipcc-climate-report-2040.html

We got about another 20 years or so, maybe less, and we're all going to be starving, drowned, or set on fire.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

pwn posted:

In some SNL podcasts recorded last year, the hosts sometimes use boof in the context of, “this episode really boofs it.” Sounds like a synonym for beefing it, wiping out, eating poo poo. It isn’t unbelievable that, 35 years prior, in high school (wherein - and science proves this - everyone says stupid poo poo,) it could have had scatalogical implications

It’s also not unbelievable that kavanaugh did sex no-nos

if it's anything other than farting like he said, it was lying under oath which means he shouldn't be sitting on the bench.

That's why these silly questions matter and the fact that they were just glossed over as silly questions is so infuriating.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Jingoistic may be too harsh of a word as to why it wasn't included. But yeah, the director wanted to emphasize the accomplishment for mankind to echo Armstrong's words. Focusing on the flag undercuts that a bit.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Since last week tonight goes down to the wire, it's generally a late upload to HBO Now. If I don't watch it live (and it has a variable start time so it's easy to miss), I may not get around to watching the episode on Sunday.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

There's plenty of hosed up stuff to unravel and deep dive into that's pre-existing without adding to the heap. I mean, the show started during the Obama administration and he was critical of the stuff that was happening there in even the executive branch.

If anything, the comedy has lost its impact because real life has gotten so absurd that the only thing that tops it is monkey cheese poo poo.

You need a certain level of maturity in the thing you're lampooning in order to do it with sharp wit. The bar is so much lower now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Well, that was an amazing payoff.

• Locked thread