Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ufarn
May 30, 2009
It's the visa system, I tells ya. Brings employees closer to their employers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009

sleepingbuddha posted:

I just tried to leave a comment and couldn't.

John Oliver broke the FCC.
Pretty sure Comcast did.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Yeah, he's basically the Jimmy Fallon of the political late nights.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Even though the show is very similar to Daily Show, I am still surprised how quickly Oliver found his groove hosting the show and finding a tone.

He basically hit the ground running.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I think Oliver's forté is in finding stories most people don't cover, and while the coverage of Israel-Palestine is very biased, it's not exactly a story flying under our radar, especially when you consider how social media are drowning out MSM coverage.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Now I can't unsee it

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Lustig isn't well-regarded by everyone. Also think it's dumb to have him be the only person to interview on the subject.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

richardfun posted:

Was this always in the intro, or did they put it in there as an hommage because of Stewarts announcement?

It's usually "Hostus Mostus" or something like that with Oliver, so no.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

xcore posted:

Is Greece any closer to loving up the European economy than they have been in the last 20 years? For as long as I can remember that country has been a complete gently caress up on the verge of collapse.
The main gently caress-up was in how the EU hosed up the due diligence, when they admitted Greece into Euroland, even though the government at the time had cooked the books something fierce.

When the global economy crashed, things just escalated, and because they had joined EU, they didn't have their currency to devalue.

So they've been doing a poo poo job for a while, but suddenly they had to answer to the ECB for it.

And you might well argue the EU haven't done the best job of pummelling the country into submission with austerity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Actually you'll want to separate your passphrase with dashes or spaces - or other characters. Much better entropy.

• Locked thread