Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Is it just me or does high definition do no favors for John Oliver?
I'm not the only one who can't stop looking at his teeth am I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Mario and Link making out hasn't gotten enough love. Sure you can find it on DeviantArt, but not, until now, on television.

They have achieved Gmod technology on this show.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I don't see how the two are related.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

spronk posted:

John Oliver was on Jimmy Fallon last nite and great as usual. Couldn't tell what his pin was, football team?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYaps7obsAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUfx6Wgc49Q

Youtube took down the falion interview, is there another link out there?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I really have trouble wrapping my head around these gamergates and MRA and whatever other like minded groups call themselves, I just can't wrap my mind around how they think.

Like, whatever is gamergate just seems like a bad joke to me that should of died out a year ago.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Pvagina.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's sorta really depressing how many people are giving these people money expecting something in return, like their buying lottery tickets of faith that will pay off big one day so long as they pay for this guys second private jet.

I just don't quite understand the mindset that doesn't immediately recognize them for the snakeoil sellsmen and sleaze that they are.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

VagueRant posted:

On a less sweet note, I feel a little conflicted about the people getting hosed over by these televangelists. There's a part of me that thinks if you're that stupid you kinda deserve it. I know ignorance can come from outside factors, it isn't something people necessarily choose, but just...goddamn. It's obviously extra hosed up to be promising cancer cures, but if you're clearly just funding private jets for God...
So many sweaters!

(Jumpers.)

Sorta feel the same, on the one hand I don't want to victim blame, but on the other hand they are the ones stupidly sending their money to these guys in the first place of their own choice.

It's like trying to feel sorry for someone who sent 3,000$ to a nigerian prince.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Krowley posted:

Openly exploiting naive and/or desperate people should probably not be allowed, or even rewarded with tax exemptions. It's a bit too much like social darwinism

I'm not saying these scammers shouldn't be punished, just that it's really stupid that these people are giving their money to the blatantly obvious scams in the first place, even if they think they need the false hope of it.

I just want it to be clear I think the televangelists should go to jail and their false money grubbing churches to be against the law

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 18, 2015

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

No Butt Stuff posted:

i hope to one day learn your real name so i can learn what stupid poo poo you do when you're out of touch with society and the speed at which it moves in your 80s.

... What?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I do feel bad about what happened to your grandfather with dementia though and how he was taken advantage of, I also think these people and any future people like them should be jailed for what their doing, I wasn't thinking about people with dementia or similar problems.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
He does have a point that when your being sent Jizz in the mail, it's time to change what your doing.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I don't understand the hate, he brings genuine attention to some subjects that are usually about people quietly getting scammed or hosed over.

I wouldn't know of the plight of the american chicken farmer without him.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Practical Demon posted:

There was also Red Eye, a late night panel show on Fox News that tried to cash in on Daily Show style topical humor. Don't know if it's still a thing.

That reminds me, what was the name of the show Fox news had that was trying to copy the daily show, that had jokes like Barack Obama = B.O which is also BODY ODOR!
I remember it was so bad they had to pay people to watch it and it still had empty seats.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

VagueRant posted:

Holy poo poo, that Gingrich interview. That was like a Colbert Report bit but its real life!

The reporter tried so hard, I could feel her spirit being crushed through that interview.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Would there happen to be somewhere to see this online yet? on youtube all the videos were taken down.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

bull3964 posted:

Carlos Danger returns!

It's been a long time coming.

Much like Weiner.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
At this point, if it was "stolen" from Trump and Hillary was made president on some technicality or the like, there would be a actual civil war and far reaching consequences.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If any beloved celebrities are going to die soon, can you try and squeeze it in before the year ends? I don't want to start the first month of next year with a bunch of well known and liked celebrities dying like in 2016.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Until the montage I didn't know how many times trump used the line "Wouldn't it be nice if russia was our friends?" that was quite a lot.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
We can add China to the list of countries John Oliver can't visit.

He must of been pretty happy with himself for making him laugh during the interview.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 6, 2017

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Who, he is quick to inform the Lawyers, is not "Stephen Colbert" but "Stephen Colbert"

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

tsob posted:

He changed his mind about how China could help against North Korea, then changed his mind about whether China was a currency manipulator, he's changed his mind about the export/import bank, he's changed his mind about pulling out of NAFTA, he's changed his mind about the role of NATO and it's relevance in the current climate and probably at least a couple of other things not immediately springing to mind. Several people have reported that it wasn't even that hard to change his mind (worrying in itself really), and that all it took was a few minutes and maybe some props to make him realize the complexity of the situation or how uninformed he actually was. He frames those incidents to make himself seem good when talking about them and doesn't admit any blame or lack of knowledge, but he's still changed his mind on several things. Whether he takes any lesson from those incidents is separate from whether he changes his mind about them.

Weird timing how his position on China did a 180 the moment his businesses got some sudden unexpected perks from China.

I'm sure it's not connected.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The 3 minute segment on the TSA was pretty great, basically making fun of the way they do their segments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's a shame we're in the information age because I feel a fitting old timey punishment to happen to Trump would be to have his name stricken from the history books and every likeness destroyed and nobody allowed to mention him for a few generations.

I think it should be frowned upon to "wish death" on him, especially since it's a situation where someone less stupid and just as evil could fill the vacuum.

• Locked thread