Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

It's not a good summer if there's not at least a few gross misdemeanors every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The good 20 seconds of Who is America is always on 100 other tv shows the next day anyway. The full show is not very good.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Orange Devil posted:

Actually you can absolutely call it slavery.

Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

As you can clearly read for yourself, the United States never abolished slavery.

I mean, not according to the courts.

I happen to agree with you though.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

tarlibone posted:

The most common pejorative I hear for Democrats is "Dems" at the higher end of the etiquette scale (I can't remember the last time I saw "Dems" used in anything but a negative comment about the party or its supporters), and "libtards" at the... uh, not-so-high end of the etiquette scale.

I have to say, though, watching that irritating woman say "demon rats" with not only a straight face, but with clearly genuine malice in her voice, is a just a little bit hilarious. It's like when a 3-year-old gets super-mad at you, rears back to deliver the sickest burn he can, and then calls you a poopface.

I say dems just as a lazy way of saying democrats. I do hate them, but not in the way you're getting at.

"democrat party" and "demon rats" are both old dittohead poo poo

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Afro posted:

I got curious and searched on an old gun forum I used to read for the word "demonrat"

The oldest I could come up with was 2013:

Again I'm almost positive I read it even earlier than that but not sure where.

Again, this is a dittohead thing and predates the internet.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GutBomb posted:

But it’s not going to come crashing down. Kavanaugh is going to be confirmed and trump is going to be re-elected. There isn’t a single 2016 trump voter that is not going to vote for him again in 2020 and he’ll probably get all of the “I’m a republican but I’m voting for a 3rd party candidate because gently caress Hillary” votes next time around too because he’s normalized himself.

They’ve won and “made America great again”.

Even if Kavanaugh does somehow get torpedoed, they still get to confirm someone no matter what, so they've won regardless. This whole circus will be for naught. The only thing unique about this guy is he believes that a sitting president can't be indicted; everyone on their list is a loving monster.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Honestly it would be great if someone could use this shitshow to justify ending the Supreme Court as a political institution but I know that’s not going to happen. It’s one of those things where everybody is aware how bad the system is, but rather than wanting to fix it (say, by having justices serve for fixed length terms with staggered retirements so that every presidential term gets the same number of nominations and said nominations don’t have the power to influence decisions for decades after the president’s term has ended), they just want to take turns exploiting it when conditions favour them.

Seems like that’s the main principal by which American democracy functions.

American democracy is kind of dead tbh.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

You’d never get the Dems for it either, the DNC firmly believes that Trump is a statistical anomaly and that nationally they’re winning when it comes to social issues. And they might be right, but the last 60 years have proven just how quickly being on the right side of social issues can flip between the parties.

Polling would seem to indicate that they are right, the problem is they're too chickenshit to do anything about it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

bull3964 posted:

Don't worry, we all won't be around long enough to worry about it

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/07/climate/ipcc-climate-report-2040.html

We got about another 20 years or so, maybe less, and we're all going to be starving, drowned, or set on fire.

About loving time.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Bust Rodd posted:

This episode was really cool and good but I have to admit I had no idea that Brazil was the 5th largest country in the world.

Who could blame you, what with all that land that no white man has ever seen and all, I'm surprised anyone knows about Brazil!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

swickles posted:

I remember learning in middle school that Brazil was huge (mid 90s) and the narrative then was that it was a sleeping giant similar tonthe US before WW2 and all of the sudden something will happen that will make Brazil a top 3 economy overnight.

From what I heard, in the 2000s they were doing pretty well because of high oil prices, but cheap rear end shale oil production in the US and Canada tanking the price hurt them pretty bad.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

"boof" is what large dogs say instead of woof, because they're big.

Somewhere in the depths of my mind it sounds like a 70s term for fuckin and that would track I guess but it's all moot now anyway, if it ever wasn't.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Perestroika posted:

Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure there actually was a quite a lot of Neiling going on during the moon landing. :haw:

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you monster.

I love it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hey, hey. Hey. They're perfectly fine with poor white people dying too*.

* Unless it's themselves in which case they're temporarily embarrassed millionaires and they should get social services because they worked hard for them unlike those lazy browns.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I had just assumed they liked making fun of scientology because, come on, who doesn't?

If I noticed the "xenu next week" thing though I've completely forgotten it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

oldskool posted:

related: how many wax presidents does he have left?

I don't think any were destroyed were they? Just banged around a bit since wax presidents falling over is funny.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I think you might not be the target audience if you feel that way.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Craptacular! posted:

I wasn’t trying to say “I’ll vote for Republicans with horrendous ideas,” but communicate why I stick to this show even though I ignore all other TDS contemporaries and feel like the ‘smug liberal comic takes on the news’ genre hurts more than it helps in driving turnout.

I don't follow. How does you not liking LWT reduce voter turnout?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

SlothfulCobra posted:

I get the sense that Oliver created a variant on the news comedy show with the central gimmick of quality investigative journalism, but sometimes he forgets how that is the biggest draw of the show.

To you perhaps.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok so what’s the word for someone who leans left of center and doesn’t like the current system and does want radical change for his friends of different skin colors and cultures? If that’s not liberal (because I don’t live in the suburbs and don’t have a gently caress You Got Mine attitude) then what am I? I swear this thread is using different definitions than anywhere else and I’ve been having this discussion pretty much daily for like 4 years.

It always depends who you ask, moreso in the current climate.

The thing that seems missing from this discussion is that when chapo types say liberal, what I hear is neoliberal, which is by turns both correct and intentionally misleading since what it refers to is economic liberalism, rather than US "liberals," which has effectively just become "anywhere left of the republicans," which in fairness isn't even leftist at all necessarily, and definitely not in practice looking at the democrats.

Basically flavors of leftism are like metal subgenres, there's as many as you care to look for and nobody can agree who the true Scotsman is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Eh, show's gone for like 2 months right? Gotta talk about something.

• Locked thread