Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

How are u posted:

Yeah they put Game of Thrones episodes up on HBOGO the exact moment the episode airs on the channel and Game of Thrones is getting millions and millions of viewers. There's zero justification for not being able to do the same thing with a far less popular show an hour after Game of Thrones finishes airing. It's quite goofy, shame on you HBO.

Especially considering they're posting segments for tonights episodes on youtube already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Astro Nut posted:

Oh, I don't imagine they use the full time, but its like, they've got the first few days to mull over to themselves just what they might wanna look into, and then spend maybe several days before the show doing the research. As to the research for this being right up to the last minute, I think they just had no idea how deep the rabbit hole went.

I think it was partly that, and partly getting information like that takes a few days. Even the best bureaucracy will take a while to dig up forms and send them to a reporter. That's probably why they only had thirty odd states information. The rest just couldn't get there in time. Amazing work no matter what, they got a lot together really quickly.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

LiterallyTheWurst posted:

North Dakota. South Dakota is filled with a bunch of carved rock worshipping hay seeds. Honestly, this episode went easy on the industry. There have been cases of fracking fluid being disposed in cracked wells next to aquifers for major towns, the governor expedited drilling on sacred ground immediately following "campaign contributions" from the very same oil company, and waste disposal companies dump sewage into the Missorui river.
Still, the local new stations will be tripping over themselves to defend the state government from these facts.

Don't forget the roads just falling apart, the massive increase in highway fatalities, and the lovely radioactive waste that routinely gets dumped in fast food resteraunt dumpsters to save the company the cost of disposing of it properly. North Dakota's issues with the oil patch could cover a month of this show.

On the plus side, the billboard is right off the bypass in Minot, next to Homesteader's restaurant. I'm trying to get my parents to go get a picture.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Yeah. Nothing on the Youtube channel either.

There was no episode this week, back next week.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Atomizer posted:

To clarify, I should've stated the last episode; I missed the one with Mike Myers and the Canadien election, but I'm streaming it now. Shh! Don't tell me who won yet! :ssh:

Yeah, I was going to say something about having to remember his outfit or his hand gestures. :3:

But seriously though, it would make a lot more sense if the images showed the content of the episode (even if it was just text) rather than a random, ambiguous frame grab.

Or if they updated the info on it. Right now it just says something about recapping the last week's news, but even a quick blurb about what the main story was would be really nice.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Veskit posted:

You don't file a complaint to get your wages back you file a complaint to specifically have them stop doing that behavior. The DoL is a terrifying agency for any business and they don't gently caress around with them when they start snooping. Plus you can do it anonymously so your job is mostly secure unless they fire the entire staff (they wont because then it's retaliation)

If you're a salaried employee you're given a standard yearly wage, and you get paid the same amount regardless how much you work unless written into the policy otherwise (too much to go into). Currently you can be salaried at 30k a year, make "15 dollars an hour" but work 50 hours a week and lose out on a lot of money. Obama wants to raise the cap to 48k so unless your salary is above that amount you're entitled to overtime.

I don't think it's wants to raise the cap, it's going to happen. From what I understand, no one had bothered to tell the people in charge of that regulation to update it for inflation until him, and now that he has it's over. It takes time to take effect, but that's just bureaucracy.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

wait until the first debate

omg its going to be incredible

You're assuming there will be one and that Trump won't make up some bullshit reason to not show up.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I like how he is basically the happiest anyone has ever been about being sued.

There is no way that didn't go through the lawyers who were going to be arguing it in court, who already have their arguments ready to go and absolutely no chance of losing. John did not seem concerned about losing the case. poo poo, if I had HBO's lawyers backing me saying "Go ahead, we can beat this guys rear end and make him pay us for the privilege" I'd be giggling too.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

coyo7e posted:

I never really pay attention to the opening credits but there are a ton of pretty funny and timely jokes in it. I only noticed it this time because it had Shkrelli in it.

They're always fun. The last one is always different, I have to pause everytime it pops up.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

TheCenturion posted:

I remember watching a straight-to-cable movie, maybe twenty years ago, involving Kelsey Grammar, I believe. The plot was that one of the states was going to secede. Mobilized their NG, the whole nine yards. Finally, cooler heads prevailed, and the governer called up his chief of staff or some such to tell him to schedule a press conference, and the governor was going to give his succession speech. The feds wiretapping him, though, misheard 'secession' for 'succession' and kicked off an invasion.

Pretty sure that's the same one, though with Beau Bridges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

swickles posted:

I enjoy Seth Meyers. I especially like the segment titled "Jokes Seth can't tell". He does a good job of giving his writers and producers a voice that isn't filtered through himself.

Pretty much any of the bits with the two women who are in the "Jokes Seth can't tell" bit are good. Maybe Amber can take over for Sam Bee or something.

• Locked thread