Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

How are u posted:

I really hope they upload it to HBO go immediately instead of waiting for a whole day like last week. I want to watch it after Game of Thrones :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Wow, that loving video.

Also, I guess the term "Paddywagon" still flies in Australia.

Paddywagon is bad?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

That's dumb and I'm gonna keep using it

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/jun/17/usa.oliverburkeman1

Is The Guardian reputable?

"Steven Bellovin, a researcher for AT&T who has studied launch codes, declared himself puzzled by Mr Blair's revelations, and suggested he was confusing two sets of codes, one required to detonate the nuclear bomb and one required to launch the missile containing the bomb.

The codes that had been set to zero, he argued in an email, were mainly used to stop missiles being launched in the event of "physical capture of the devices - it had nothing to do with our own launch officers" sparking a war on their own initiative. "

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

spronk posted:

John Oliver was on Jimmy Fallon last nite and great as usual. Couldn't tell what his pin was, football team?

It's the 1st Cavalry Division insignia. His wife served in the 1st Cavalry as a combat medic in Iraq.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

You're wrong, it's still really funny, jon stewart has been making the same "fox news is crazy and lies and is dumb" joke for 15 years

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Yeah it's like this is a comedy program

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

rapeface posted:

I did this ages ago for dumb posts in some other thread I can't remember now and since Awful.app doesn't even show the post skeleton I get confused when people start yelling until I see someone actually quote him.

even on ignore he's still trolling you

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I do this with most of my passwords and it really has made them a hell of a lot easier to remember (if slower to type in). One thing that really annoys me though is that my BANK of all places has a 12 character MAXIMUM for passwords, and apparently that's fairly common for banks. Literally the one place where I'd want my best, most secure password, and it's one of my worst.

Which bank do you use?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I've never once seen a rabid animal in my 28 years of life in America so I think Australia will be fine.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Gyges posted:

I've never once seen a wild python in all my years of life in America so I think the Everglades will be fine.

Your parents never took you to a zoo? I'm sorry :(

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Pinky Artichoke posted:

The big way humans become infected in the US is that they get bitten by a bat and don't even realize it. How often you notice even non-rabid bats in your environment?

Pretty often at dusk in warm weather.

Also how do you get bitten by a bat and not realize it?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Slamhound posted:

Check out Mr. Fastidious keeping track of every little rodent bite.

said some surf, pre-black death

Mr. Fowl posted:

If you want to sleep with an open window, you have to take special precaution though. Scattering seeds or rice on your windowsill usually does the trick.

so will a screen

Fateo McMurray fucked around with this message at 04:32 on May 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

The ocean didn't get plague. At least I don't think it did.

Get bit by the ocean and get back to me irt your health status

• Locked thread