Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I want that loving book.

I was picturing it, complete with illustrations, then John crushed my dreams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
"OF COURSE IT WAS FLORIDA HOW COULD IT NOT BE FLORIDA"

"IT'S CONTSITUTAIONAL AS gently caress"

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

MikeJF posted:

Goddamnit. I'm really sad the church is shutting down. That was fun.

I'm sad that my laziness/lack of available postage caused me to miss out on this cultural phenomena. I really wanted that outline of Jon's butt.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo Kenny G is still alive.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

njsykora posted:

It's still extremely weird to me when I see election results declared with less than 10% of the vote having actually been counted.

Huh? Why is that weird? A) it's usually 10% of precincts that have reported votes, and B) you can pretty reliably call results when your statistical model is trending close to reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

njsykora posted:

It completely goes against the way I understand elections to work, where in the UK the result is only announced once every single vote in a constituency has been counted so they can announce the exact numbers with the declaration.

It's not the government doing the "calling" at that point, though, it's the media. Does the UK not do precinct-by-precinct/county-by-county results as votes are counted? What's happening when a media outlet "calls" a race after the state closes its polls and with 10% or whatever precincts, which average like 500-2500 voters each depending on the state, have reported their official tally. This all usually occurs a decent while after all the polls in a given time one are closed, and it's not legally official until every vote is counted (which might not be for days if the state is waiting on absentee/mail ballots).

Edit: As I'm posting this I'm wondering if you think 10% reporting means 10% of votes were cast?

• Locked thread