Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Cheshire Cat posted:

As far as I know, third party candidates CAN be in the main debates, but there is a minimum polling threshold (which isn't unreasonably high - I think it's something like 5-10%?) to really be considered a "serious" candidate.

Yeah, basically it is to keep from having to entertain every fringe weirdo who comes along. So you don't end up with something like the early Republican debates with like 10 people on stage at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I love how they kept on finding clips of that guy saying "rashist"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'll be pretty disappointed if Sunday's episode doesn't cover at least in some part the utter insanity of the Oregon standoff verdict.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's also the shenanigans with changing out Juror 11. They took a week to deliberate, Juror 4 sends a note saying Juror 11 told them they were biased, Juror 11 is replaced and they get Not Guilty verdicts within the same day.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

No more racism talk. Everybody is just getting pissed off at everybody else and it has absolutely nothing to do with anything. If you really want to discuss racism there are other subforms for it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SlothfulCobra posted:

There's not even a guarantee that the products contain whatever garbage herbs they claim are in there. Dietary supplements are totally unregulated.

Well, the one thing they aren't allowed to say/do is claim that they can be used to treat a disease/illness. Which is why John specifically called out those hidden cam videos because those representatives were definitely over the line by saying stuff like how it would get rid of brain tumors or fix congestive heart failure.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Once again I must state that this thread is getting way off topic and if you really want to discuss election stuff there are other places on these forums to do it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

THIS IS THE LAST TIME I'M SAYING THIS:

THIS IS NOT THE TV/IV POLITICS THREAD

If you really want to discuss various problems with politics there is an entire subforum for it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

biracial bear for uncut posted:

If there isn't going to be a new thread, that should be this thread's new title, for sure.

Okay.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

coyo7e posted:

drat y'all got SUPER upset thar at me making fun of you for acting like a Nazi - so you came back to reiterate that, in fact, you're a Nazi. Or autistic - because you keep eyeing the prize when the field was moved on you.

Whatevs! :downsrim:

Or, as I might put if I gave a poo poo about your 'feelings', "perhaps you might think about couching your phrases in a different base because some others may misconstrue you in a negative light." :godwin:

No, it is not I that is mad, it is in fact u that is mad.

Seriously, maybe take a break from this thread?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

swickles posted:

Yeah, I do HBO Now and its great. The catalogue isn't as large as Netflix, but its overall quality is great. Tons of movies and all the HBO shows past and present. The other thing thats cool is the turn around time. LWT is usually up on HBO Now around midnight (or before, I usually dont check until then and its up).

HBO stuff goes up on Now/Go the second it starts airing on the cable channel.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Those excerpts from his book were insane. Just the least sexy sexy talk ever.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There are rumors floating around that O'Reilly is now permanently off the air. He announced a sudden vacation and supposedly Fox CEO James Murdoch (who was responsibly for ousting Roger Ailes last year) wants him gone.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's going to be pretty hard for him to do pretty much anything seeing as how heavily they lean on research and pre-produced stuff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Although I have a feeling the Paris Accord stuff will probably dominate. I know they just did an episode where Trump blew up their plans by being insane but he's once again topped himself.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IRQ posted:

Can you imagine being on the receiving end of alex jones sex? What kind of bonkers woman would sleep with that thing?

Well, he used to look like this

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Afro posted:

It's also something John Oliver would do. Really its just a universal truth that everyone loves Tom Hanks

I don't know if it is true but a couple of years ago I read something about how Colin Hanks doesn't have the best relationship with his dad because when he was growing up Tom was constantly running around making movies instead of spending any time with him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hopefully next week they follow up their montage of "don't look at the sun" with this:
https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/899709604963266560

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The gently caress happened with Meat Loaf?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing that actually bothered me about the episode was how they left out an important criticism of Trump's stupid "Just say no" retake in that it is such a big problem due to over-prescription, not recreational use.

Really though they could do a whole main segment on the rise of the business of selling prescription drugs to the mass market, instead of doctors.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

From a recent Power Rangers comic:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just in time for this week's episode the lawsuit against John and LWT by rear end in a top hat coal mining CEO Bob Murray has been dismissed by the presiding judge. The judge agreed that everything said on the show was either based on factual evidence or was obviously satirical and so Murray had no case to sue.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol, big dummy Bob Murray sent the judge in his case a rambling letter complaining about how mean John was. If you know anything about the law (or read an article about it) you'll know that this is a really stupid thing to do.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird that both Last Week Tonight and The Joel McHale Show mentioned Hot Bench this week.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://deadspin.com/how-local-news-stations-are-rebelling-against-their-sin-1825013865

Report about the fallout from all that Sinclair news.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Russell Crowe shows that he is a master class troll.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Also, doesn't that 23 and me site get legal rights to any DNA submitted to them?

Yes, don't ever use one of those DNA testing agencies because they own whatever you send them and then they resell your info to whoever. Also they are really bad at giving you consistent results.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

(Eat poo poo) Bob Murray is attempting to appeal the dismissal of his lawsuit against LWT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyBEVvCoTB4
A video from two lawyers (unrelated to the case) talking about the appeal.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Time to end this discussion as this is not the place to have it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

Good episode tonight. I’m glad Oliver took the time to focus on our hosed-up relationship with Saudi Arabia.

I imagine the comedy focus afterwards was them trying to leave the episode on a happy note.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Servaetes posted:

Given the terrible OP got permabanned, yeah the mod should lock or close the thread, make a new one when the show resumes \

• Locked thread