Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
This is still nowhere to be seen on HBOGO. This is bullshit, I work very hard for the HBOGO access that I steal from my girlfriend's parents' account :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I really hope they upload it to HBO go immediately instead of waiting for a whole day like last week. I want to watch it after Game of Thrones :(

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Yeah they put Game of Thrones episodes up on HBOGO the exact moment the episode airs on the channel and Game of Thrones is getting millions and millions of viewers. There's zero justification for not being able to do the same thing with a far less popular show an hour after Game of Thrones finishes airing. It's quite goofy, shame on you HBO.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
The Redtail Hawk bill was the kind of symbolic poo poo that state legislatures love to pass all the time. It's the same poo poo that used to pass unanimously not even ten years ago, a completely worthless feel-good piece of legislation that makes a small interest group happy in a symbolic way.

Like if you had a loving John-Deere factory in your state you'd make some random day John-Deere Appreciation Day because it hurts literally no one and makes a little group feel good about themselves.

Basically it's just another example of how our hyper-partisan system has turned life into a madhouse, even at the expense of loving literal children doing a civics project.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Who would have thought that the most controversial LWT segment on a forum full of single white men would be about women's maternity leave.

:allears:

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

DoggPickle posted:

Because it's a life choice that you should save up for and plan.It's not a freak accident or a death of another person that you have no control over. A lot of couples buy houses too. Should you get extra pay or leave in order to do that? My dad died while I was at work. I took a half-day off. I already had my own house and if I didn't work, it wasn't getting paid for. My mom died on Christmas, so lucky me, I didn't need to take off work for that one. I did have to sell my car to pay for the funeral expenses and the two extra houses and two extra cars that I suddenly owned 5 days before all the mortgages/payments were due.

I can't believe I just wrote that.I think it was the dad death thing. In any case, life kicks you in the teeth inevitably and you make it work, because you have planned for it ahead of time. You have never bought a single soda or any drink in a bar, and you drive the cheapest car you can find and pay a redneck in beer when it breaks, you pack your own lunches, you do favors for friends so they do favors for you and it costs you nothing, you buy used furniture and pick up stuff from the thrift store, you make a week's meals on $8 by making stew or spaghetti, and you sweat all summer and freeze all winter so you can keep those electrical pennies piled up. You get your TV through an antenna, have a 30 year old microwave, and wash your car in the rain, and never miss a day of work or do anything but work loving hard in your whole life. If you haven't, then honestly I really have no sympathy (other that super-freak crazy expensive accidents or medical crap). Do you want to take a vacation to Italy? Then you save up for three years and you save your vacation days and you go. Why is choosing to have a baby any different? In any case, I'm out because I pulled the dead parents card, and I really don't want to read the replies because I will probably lose my poo poo. I think a bunch of you don't know how the world actually works. I'm not some simpleton who doesn't understand Social Security, I just truncated the main points .And in fact, I'm an incredibly happy and fun person who sees beauty and joy in almost everything, every day. This (short) life is all we get, and I would like to play it as fun as I can. If I could have some impact on the future - sure I'd try, but that's impossible, so it is a pointless waste of time.

Having babies is the ultimate self-centered thing you could ever do in your life. You're saying "My genes are so AWESOME, there should be MORE of ME!!! :dance:" So yeah, I kinda resent the self-centered comments. Why the hell should I care if you want to make more copies of you? Why is that SACRED? It's the most ego-centric action possible in life!

I really like the Show btw. I just disagreed with this one segment.

Peace.

:lol:

The Something Awful forums still pull through.

e: Life is beautiful and short, therefore gently caress your crotchspawn, you moochers!

Also nice to invoke your dead mother in your stupid selfish argument. I'm sure that when she was finished pushing you out at your birth she thought "Thank god I am not entitled to any paid maternity leave with my new son, for I am surely getting exactly what I deserve."

How are u fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 12, 2015

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

DoggPickle posted:

None of this has poo poo-all to do with my main point.

Even just "being generally nicer to people having babies" is not a good thing for the Earth. Doomsayer or Freak or whatever you wanna call me, there are already too many people. Wanting your OWN country to produce more is just as self-centered as anything I've said.

Haha what? Now you're arguing that paid maternity leave is A Bad Thing because human beings are destroying the earth? We had a wonderful multi-page derail in the D&D Climate Change thread about babies, not having babies, and climate change. Maybe you should hop in there to let people know your sweet new theory.

Who would have thought that by only eliminating maternity leave world-wide we could save the planet? Makes u think.

e: you don't need some stupid dramatic toxx thing, grandma ^^^^ Just stop posting.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

DoggPickle posted:

So in general, why is MORE government a good thing? It is only ever interfered in my life in a negative way.

Imagine a world in which the government interferes in lives, but in a positive way. I'm very sorry that regressive, conservative government hosed up your life. But can you imagine government wielding that same power, but for good? That's kind of what we want here. Anyway, keep pulling that R lever.

e: you seem to think that people advocating for paid maternity leave are in some way connected to or equivalent to white supremacists??? :wtc:

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Motto posted:

While Brown was a killer, I've read some accounts that dispute his insanity.

John Brown was a god damned Hero and a Patriot, and in a Just world his face would be on one of our bills today. His life was more righteous than every single Johnny Reb combined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

SlothfulCobra posted:

That bit he did on Russia was weird. It's pretty obvious why Russia would step into Syria to fight ISIS. The entire western world has been desperately scrabbling for an angle for confronting ISIS, and Russia has been staunchly allied with Syria for a long while now. Assad was Russia's boy in the middle east, just like how Saudi Arabia is for the US and how Iran was for the UK before the Shah was ousted. Russia's been sending weapons to Assad for years before this point, they might as well get militarily involved against the one target who everyone else in the international committee would be fine with killing.

And the thing is, John Oliver should know that, because I'm pretty sure it's been covered by the Bugle before, as well as the Daily Show. He's just willfully choosing to believe one idiot newsman's take on things for the purpose of a stupid bit.

Besides, bombing barely even counts as a military commitment. The US bombs pretty much everyone, and there's not a lot of fuss about that.

Russia hasn't attacked ISIS yet, not even once. All they are doing is bombing FSA targets in support of Assad. They don't give a flying gently caress about ISIS.

• Locked thread