Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Laughed a lot at the POM letter breakdown. I'm also going to laugh hard if it turns out that a pomegranate enema is the most effective delivery method for it's alleged anti-prostate cancer effect. John oliver, medical pioneer.

Not laughing at this pirate encoding chat.

Im really glad Oliver is doing a lot of international segments, it's definitely a segment missing in other entertainment news mags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Acquilae posted:

untouched by evil :pcgaming: DESIRE :pcgaming:

Scott Lively has unfortunately since made this music video private.

That bastard.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

Wow, the Ayn Rand segment was the laziest thing this show has every done.

"We don't agree with Ayn Rand's philosophy and, uh, she didn't like Reagan or Indians. That's all we got :shrug:"

Irish Joe posted:

I just think its funny, is all. Its like they just decided they didn't need to conduct research or write a compelling narrative for their pointless smear piece. It was basically, "How about that Ayn Rand, amirite?"

What would go in your compelling ayn rand narrative?

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Exclamation Marx posted:

That's surprising considering the way he tiptoed around it during Protective Edge. Ideally he'll explore how batshit the country's become since the assassination of Rabin, but going into how much US money is sent there in return for gently caress all or how all criticism of Israel in US media is tramped down (which is more likely) would be refreshing too

Someone doesn't want to experience the second coming of Jesus, what kind of Christian American Patriot are you?

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

They sound ridiculous but "to be fair" the same could be said about a lot of different products. Alcohol is the easiest example that's marketed in a similar way. Unhealthy food is another example: providing short term pleasure at the expense of long term negative health effects, and it's hard to imagine a successful political or social movement that would curtail advertising or sales of either in the same way that tobacco is here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

I'd consider myself a realist, alright? But in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist... I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware. Nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself - we are creatures that should not exist by natural law... We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self, that accretion of sensory experience and feelings, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everbody's nobody... I think the honorable thing for our species to do is to deny our programming. Stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction - one last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.

• Locked thread