Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Question is then, did Juugo know about the Nanana Collection before moving to the island? Or did he involve himself in the theft of that eye jewel thing just after learning about its existence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Edward IV posted:

Something that I've begun to wonder as we see more of the powers that Nanana's collection possesses is if Nanana was really murdered. With the kind of power that these treasure pieces hold, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that one or more of those pieces could be used to fake her death and turn her into a form that resembles a ghost. She probably had enemies that wanted her out of the way so she took herself out of the picture and allowed her enemies to scheme as they please while she plans and implements counter moves.

If nothing else, I'd say it's pretty likely that the giant glassy pendant she's wearing is related to the creation of the ruins. Cf. the way she was holding it while "divining" in episode 3.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Dan7el posted:

I think basically the same thing. First, I wonder how the gently caress she built such elaborate traps? Then, I wonder how they stayed such perfect working order for all these years. I mean, that foam spraying tube thing? Really? The nozzles didn't get gunked up over time?

Plus, the sheer engineering involved. And what, she was like 20 when she died? She went out and got all these amazing treasures, started a city, and built all these incredible treasure traps in that short period of time?

It was already mentioned in the series that many of the ruins only appeared after her death, e.g. the first one shown at the school. The school was built 6 years ago, while Nanana was killed 10 years ago.
I'm working with the idea that the ruins are magical constructs that just appear from nothing or take over the space. The foam/spider one certainly seemed to be warping space.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Speaking of that pendant thing, there was a proper close-up of it in the new episode.

Odd crystal-flower-like thing inside.

And a new character that feels more like a proper villain.

• Locked thread