Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

A friend of mine introduced this to me last night and I had a lot of fun with it. Trying to get hold of my own starter now which is proving impossible (probably extra impossible as I am in the UK).

One thing we didn't really get, was that attacking seemed to punish the attacker more than the defender. If the defender chump blocks he gets his chump into the prep area to re-roll next turn, and if he lets you through then all your guys go and sit in time-out till you empty your bag.

Our games sort of ended up with both players staring at each other over a wall of blockers until someone had enough dudes to overwhelm and kill the opponent in a hit. I am wondering if were maybe missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

I had a bunch of questions on deck building but the OP sorted me out. Wish the manual in the box and a teeny bit more detail. I picked up two starters because I wanted 4 of each dice.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Where are you guys getting product? The two flgs in my city and the one in a nearby city that I am on good terms with the owner with can't get hold of anything.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Played a couple of games last night with my friend, I just have the starter but he has a booster box worth of cards.

I won both games (I think it comes down to more familiarity to cardgame-like mechanics). The first game I won by shooting my hulk with torch until he became a 19/19 and then attacking with him, a Spiderman and a few beasts, spending the one fist I needed to force everything he had to block spidey and smashing him for lethal.

Our second game played totally different, he was playing an Avengers deck with Nick Fury, and I was desperately using Storms to keep his Furies off the field. We both had Iron Man and I ended up shooting mine a lot to gain life and remain in the game. I won after a lot of back and forth but it was a really long game. My opponent defeated himself really by overbuying on power dice.

Really enjoying the game, would love to get my hands on more product so i don't have so many filler cards in my deck (Thor and Captain America I am looking at you!)

He was playing Black Widow who I would really like for a cheap fist power character to make getting into Spiderman and eventually Hulk a lot easier.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Just a couple things to note off of your description of your game.
I assume you were using Anger Issues hulk to get his stats up. I further assume he was level 2 so 2/7/7 in terms of stats
You would need 6 different things that hit him to get his stats up to 19/19 and you don't have anything in the deck, nor the amount of dice needed to do that, with the starter
By that I mean if you use Human Torch Flame OnWhile Human Torch is active, he deals 1 damage to a character or player each time you field a character (not 1 damage per die)
IE you summon a storm with 0 cost and, for example, 3 pawns. That is 4 hits to the hulk but does NOT give him +8/8 as all 4 hits are simultaneously so it would only proc the ability once.

Same deal with Iron Man. Human torch ability can't be used 3 times in a turn to give you 3 health in one go.

You CAN use Human Torch ability, Force beam and Powerbolt in one turn to activate a ability like Hulks/Iron Man 3 times but it will be at the cost of 4 health.

Official faq found here supports this on page 7 describing the Hulk and Fprce beam

In terms of a cheap fist character sadly there is only Black Widow. Luckily all of variations cost 2 so thats good
I agree though. It borderline seems mandatory to have a 2 cost character if only for the first couple turns

Thanks for this info, I had missed that units being played where all simultaneous and assumed it was more like a tcg where you spent your resources piece by piece to by cards and place dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

WerrWaaa posted:

This is true.

So the turn in question, that brought all this up. I fielded 5+ guys, so I was correct in giving hulk 5 * +3/+3? (I recognise that technically it is +3/+2 but just trying to keep things simple).

• Locked thread