Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MisterPhoton
Sep 5, 2007
We have a pretty active Dice Masters community going in the greater Portland, OR area - there are 3-5 events a week, if you're willing to drive all over the place.

I've been able to get in on tournaments at my FLGS every Saturday. When they don't have product to give as prizes, they give store credit, and with my consistent winning I've built up enough credit to buy a shitload of Uncanny once it comes out.

Also, the WKO events will all be using Uncanny X-Men instead of AvX for prizes AND the rainbow drafts, so if you want a chance to pick up UXM before it hits stores, register for an event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterPhoton
Sep 5, 2007

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Just a couple things to note off of your description of your game.
I assume you were using Anger Issues hulk to get his stats up. I further assume he was level 2 so 2/7/7 in terms of stats
You would need 6 different things that hit him to get his stats up to 19/19 and you don't have anything in the deck, nor the amount of dice needed to do that, with the starter
By that I mean if you use Human Torch Flame OnWhile Human Torch is active, he deals 1 damage to a character or player each time you field a character (not 1 damage per die)
IE you summon a storm with 0 cost and, for example, 3 pawns. That is 4 hits to the hulk but does NOT give him +8/8 as all 4 hits are simultaneously so it would only proc the ability once.

Same deal with Iron Man. Human torch ability can't be used 3 times in a turn to give you 3 health in one go.

You CAN use Human Torch ability, Force beam and Powerbolt in one turn to activate a ability like Hulks/Iron Man 3 times but it will be at the cost of 4 health.

Official faq found here supports this on page 7 describing the Hulk and Fprce beam

In terms of a cheap fist character sadly there is only Black Widow. Luckily all of variations cost 2 so thats good
I agree though. It borderline seems mandatory to have a 2 cost character if only for the first couple turns

Mr. Tiny Chalupa you are unfortunately wrong: the card text on Flame On says:

"While Human Torch is active, he deals 1 damage to a character or player each time you field a character (not 1 damage per die)."

This means each time you field anything, he does 1 damage. The part in the part in the parentheses means you can't do two damage each time you field a character if you have two Human Torches active. The FAQ entry you mention is in regards to a single action having two damage targets that would both fire off Hulk (Force Beam damaging both Hulk and the player). In that case, you'd only trigger Hulk's ability once, as both the damage to each target occurred simultaneously. In the case of HT (Flame On or Johnny Storm), each character fielded is its own action, so each point of damage would trigger Hulk's ability (+2/+2 or +3/+3, in the case of Anger Issues). The same rules apply to Iron Man or any other character with an "on damage" ability - HT can trigger it for every character fielded, so it goes off multiple times in a turn.

One thing to keep in mind on Hulk - Anger Issues: each time you damage him for 1 to give him +3/+3, he's actually gaining +3/+2; the damage does stay on him even with the boost. So, if you ping him 4 times, he's actually 19/15.

MisterPhoton
Sep 5, 2007

Phrosphor posted:

So the turn in question, that brought all this up. I fielded 5+ guys, so I was correct in giving hulk 5 * +3/+3? (I recognise that technically it is +3/+2 but just trying to keep things simple).

You were correct

• Locked thread