Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elblanco
May 26, 2008
So object started this game and have the uxm starter and about 10 boosters. I'm itching to play more but I feel like I need more research. Are there any good places for a new player to go to learn tricks and stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Ville Valo posted:

Is it confirmed that D&D will use the same fist/bolt/mask/shield suits as Marvel and DC? Lord of the Rings doesn't...

I think yugioh does too. Though I never heard about lotr dice masters.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Everblight posted:

Last Saturday my friends and I bought out literally every booster in Card Kingdom, so I guess we're playing Battle of Faerun Dice Masters now. The Dragons are all super-sweet, Breath Weapon is the perfect counter for little Swarm decks.

Got a rules question, and the volunteer/advocate guy wasn't able to answer it - my Paladin and Halfling get level-ups when they kill monsters. Two questions about this ability:
  • Is the level-up global (ie if I buy a Paladin later and recruit him, he also shares the level up)? Or is it only on the Paladin that got the kill (and goes away when he dies/goes back in the bag)?
  • Monsters. We house-ruled that Villains are also Monsters, because that has to be a cross-over that works and is just a language thing (like how Sidekicks and NPCs are identical), so killing Sabretooth is the same and killing a Kobold. Otherwise Sentinel just became OP as gently caress because he says "can't be blocked unless your opponent controls a Villain" which makes him totally unblockable in cross-genre games, and the main draw is the two games play nice together
This game is sweet as gently caress, because it's all the engine building of Dominion plus the player interaction of Magic. I like it a lot.

So for the first point, experience triggers on all characters that have it, when a monster is killed.

The second point is, monsters are an affiliation exclusive to the dnd set and so no cards from other sets trigger experience.

So unless you expect a bunch of different monsters, i wouldn't count on experience being a big thing.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Rainbow draft weekend events are going on this weekend too. So good drafting and awesome promos. Plus starter sets are good for their basic actions. Big entrance on the war of light starter, is legit.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
The game is super fun. I recently moved cross country and lucked out that my new area has a big community. Our best player is even on the top ten rated players in the world.

The DND sets are great so far, though the second one is hands down better than The first. Both sets work best as a stand alone game as they have mechanics that work best with only DND cards.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I feel the same, but at least the comic book sets are comparable, and they included some really good cards in fus, like common elf thief and rare dwarf wizard. I just wish you didn't get poo poo like experience a million times in the set.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I think they just figured that more DND fans would want to play just those sets and wanted to give them a more complete game. I know we have one person who plays DND only teams ATM, even though he has a bit of everything.

I feel bad playing him with the unlimited team I'm working g on for states.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
So I recently joined the new writing team over at dicemastersdb. My first article was just posted, and I got to finish the world's finest set review!

http://www.dicemastersdb.com/news/worlds-finest-set-review-part-5/

Feel free to tell me how wrong I am about your favorite black lantern or basic action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I played a game against a guy who ran all three golems on his team, and use elf thief to sacrifce to field them, so he could refield the elf every turn to reliably steal energy every turn. It was pretty awesome.

• Locked thread