Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Icy Penguigo
Nov 7, 2010

The American Dream posted:

A question for collectiing this when I start playing. How many individual dice do I need to have a full playset? Like in Magic with the 4 of limit, having a 5th of that card is useless for deck building and goes to the trade binder.

I believe all of the cards with a 5 maximum are the uncommon versions of starter deck characters (don't ask me why this is.)

Pulled a Tsarina today, was not at all surprised that it lives up to the hype. After playing a few games with Count I was half convinced that the best decks would all rush with Tsarina early game. Fortunately I was able to build a successful control deck and it eases my worries quite a bit. Also, Force Beam is a really strong action if you don't plan on fielding and sitting on a bunch of Sidekicks. I will probably avoid building a deck with Force Beam in it though since I looove deck thinning, and I always run Storm to take advantage of opposing sidekicks.

@Showtime, I like your deck idea. Nick Fury is cheap and if you can rush with Tsarina and Hawkeye, he'll be boosting damage quite a bit. The other Avenger build that looks really good is 4 cost Nick Fury (unblocked Avengers can double-attack) with Spider-Man (Pay a Fist to force characters to block him) and a couple of heavy hitters. Doesn't take much set up to deal some crazy damage. Obviously that's a later game build, though.

After playing a little bit more extensively I'm really excited to see how the metagame evolves and I wish there were tournaments I could go to now, even just locals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icy Penguigo
Nov 7, 2010

ShowTime posted:

Looks like supply is going to be a major issue for the next month or so. All of my distributors were sold out of the boosters as well (starters have been gone since before the game was even released).

You can buy boosters online pretty easily at least! 42 dollars for a gravity feed from Coolstuffinc. The ones we got are holding us over until starters arrive and have made it a lot easier to proxy some decks and get a feel for the game.

Icy Penguigo
Nov 7, 2010

Campbell posted:

the Starter Shortage just seems strategic by Wizkids to try and whip up a frenzy.

A booster shortage would have been smarter than a starter shortage, probably. You literally cannot play the game without a starter deck unless you proxy stuff, and not everyone wants to/is comfortable doing that.

• Locked thread