Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
This game is fun! I was about to type up an OP before I saw the announcement that search was down and realized that's why I couldn't find a thread for it. I've only played a few demo games so far. They're obviously slower than a real metagamed-game would be, but it's still fun to play with only the characters from the starter. I bought about a dozen boosters and got a few characters with two dice, so I've been swapping them in and out, playing three character games just to see what the abilities are like.

You totally need the playmat though, I'm not sure I'd be able to play without it unless it's like my hundredth game. Even then, "Wait, what zone are these dice in?" would probably come up a lot.

I got a few people interested, and I'm sure it'll sell like crazy once it's actually available. I found mine by random chance at a board game shop in the local port town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Iron_Chef posted:

Finally got to have a game or two with just the starter and it all seemed to go smoothly. One question though, if Storm causes an engaged character to re-roll and they roll up another character face are they and Storm still engaged in combat and deal damage to each other?

Also do I need to buy another starter to get more dice for the starter characters, or a those included in the boosters (should they ever become available)? Because that seems rough buying boosters and getting characters that are already in the starter set.

I opened over two dozen boosters and haven't gotten any dice for the starter set characters. It looks like the trade-off for the cheap price point is that you'll need to buy two starters to get more than two dice for each starter character.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

EonBlueApoc posted:

There is one more uncommon version of each of the starter characters. You can see them on the checklist you get with the starter. The fact that there is only one version of each of those characters peppered in the boosters with all of the 3-ofs makes them a little more 'rare', but you can get more dice for those characters this way.

Oh yeah, I'm dumb - I got a Thor in a booster pack and forgot about it. Also a super rare Mr. Fantastic which apparently sells for $30 on eBay, holy poo poo.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

The American Dream posted:

My store finally got a couple boxes. I reserved 10 packs and pulled the UR Wolverine. How many URs are in a box, 1?

Also, are everyone's cards bent to poo poo? How can I fix this?

It seems like one a box is average.

And yes, they really are warped when you pull them out of the pack. Thankfully this isn't a game where you need to shuffle them. I've found that the un-warp themselves mostly after a while, but put them in a protective sleeve and they'll be much better.

The official playmats are nice, but the game requires so little space outside of having an area to roll dice in that I took a bunch of the white protector card thing that comes in packs and wrote the names of the three big zones on them: Used, Field, and Prep.

• Locked thread