Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I'm really anxious to play some matches but the game store around here isn't going to host any events until they get a better shipment of starters (which I still don't have).

I got 25 boosters and pulled a Gobby, so looking forward to trying to put together a villains deck. I have nothing meaningful to say since I haven't played yet but man am I hyped for this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

WerrWaaa posted:

LGS restocked today so I finally got some stuff! One starter and a grav feed netted me Tsarina and one more die for each starter character. Excited to deck build and get in some matches.

Do we think secondary market prices will go down once more product is readily available?

The set size is fairly small so I'd expect most cards to go down to dirt cheap and a few that emerge as big in the meta to hold price or increase slightly. Once expansions start dropping though who knows what availability will be like for old sets.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

My friend and I both got put on the wait-list for starters and still no word whatsoever. Wish I had never bought my boosters... I haven't even played the drat game and I'm already bored of it.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

We finally got a call the other day that our starters came in. So I'm one of the lucky few who has a bunch of boosters, a starter, and a friend with the same.

I reckon I'm back in for now.

Bad news for everyone else... The guy at the shop told us in April that they were expecting to get starters around the end of May. When I picked up my starter today he told me that they just got really lucky getting one spare box they didn't even know was gonna be in their order. They couldn't even fill the whole wait list and now their main supplier is saying August.

This launch is so hosed... I honestly don't understand how it's possible to do such a poor job launching a game like this. Like did someone at the company leave a 0 off the manufacturing order? Did they forget that Marvel properties have basically never been hotter? I dunno, just weird to me.

Oh and now that starters are in, boosters have been sold out for weeks. I take back what I said about buying them haha... Anyway, good luck to the rest of you.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Old news, but I bought a Yu-Gi-Oh starter and its just garbage. Same number of dice but only one version of each monster. Really wish I had read the back of the box on that one, but after buying the other starters I would have never thought to look.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Wezlar posted:

Do the starter sets always come with the same characters and if so which are in which sets? This information is surprisingly hard to find.

Avengers vs X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, and D&D Battle for Faerun all come with three versions of 8 characters (so 24 cards) as well as 10 basic action cards. The Yu-Gi-Oh! set comes with one version of 8 characters and 10 basic action cards. The action cards are different in each set.

Use dicemastersdb.com. You can view by set and the starter characters are all going to be numbered 1 through 24. (or 1 through 8 for YGO). Everything is listed alphabetically and I don't think there is a way to sort by rarity, but the starter cards are also in alphabetical order so it's easy to follow along 1-3, 4-6, etc even if it skips a few... Just look at the site and it'll make sense, I'm doing a really poor job explaining it.

Edit: I didn't really specify here, but yes each starter will always have the same cards in it, and that website will have the complete list.

Fumaofthelake fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Apr 14, 2015

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

http://dicemasters.com/rainbowdraft.pdf

Seems like basically you make two piles of cards per player out of a bunch of boosters. Everyone drafts a card out of their first pile, then it gets passed. Once that first set of piles is depleted, you do the same with everyone's second pile. When there are no more cards to choose, the ones that you have represent what you can use to make your deck with.

I've never played but looks interesting.

Edit: Man I'm really slow.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Everblight posted:

Exactly. Plus, 12 packs is literally $12. It's not like 12 packs of magic for $40. You can get gravity boxes for $44-60 on CoolStuffInc right now that keeps your cost per pack under $0.75.

I think you just described my next game night.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Everblight posted:

Of note: You need lots and lots of Sidekick dice (8 per person) and those only come in starters. Starters are cheap though ($12 per?) and also have basic action cards and other dice that you could theoretically include with the rainbow draft (using 2/3 of the cards that come with the 2 dice included per starter)

I'd have to modify it to be 4 player only (based on the people I would have available), but I have 4 starters worth of dice anyway.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

DC set is supposed to be coming out in a little under two weeks and apparently there is an Age of Ultron set slated for sometime in the near future as well.

I was just getting ready to buy a grav feed so now I wonder if I should wait for DC.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Any first hand experience with DC dice, anyone?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Everblight posted:

My box only had 1 super-rare :kratos:

DC are 90 packs per feed too, right? lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Malt posted:

I had forgotten about this game when it came out because of the supply issues and noticed it in a store recently. If I was looking to put together some cards to have fun with friends and not really worried about playing competitively, what would be the best use of my money to accomplish this?

Maybe get a common/uncommon lot for one of the sets and buy like 10-20 boosters and a starter for the same set. Depends on how much money you want to put in.

• Locked thread