Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nique
May 18, 2006

Picked up a bunch of packs of this to play with my girlfriend a few months ago, ran through the basic 10 hp tutorial thing and then played a some mess around games to get familiar with the rules.

When it came to the first game we actually tried to take a bit more competitively it went terribly - she ran a fairly aggressive set, i ran more control with strong blockers. Once I set up some defense she stopped attacking because it seemed futile (under the assumption that her dice would go to KO, mine would stay in the field for surviving the hit) and we reached a stalemate just having loads of characters being added to the field but none attacking. I didn't want to attack her until I had enough to 1 shot her as if i didn't she could just let the attack through and take me out. The game dragged on and left us with a bit of a sour taste and we haven't played it since.

I'm guessing I had probably just hit what could more or less be considered a win condition but didn't have a good enough selection of characters to actually close the game out well/easily? Or is it likely we hosed something up with the rules to let the game get to this state?

Nique fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jun 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread