Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Squibbles posted:

They should really do away with some of the stuff like the artillery remote and just have there be a dedicated button somewhere on the interface. Or even just a shortcut key you can use to target it so you don't have to do this weird "spawning" a free item to take up space on your tool belt.

They could probably also rework blueprints similarly to be some kind of separate UI element rather than shoehorning it into the items category.

Thats the point. The new tools arent items, theyre just buttons on your tool belt (which hasn't acted as inventory for a while but rather as a set of buttons)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Containerisation mods are going to be brutally annihilated by quality, I suspect.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Logistics groups seem interesting but I can't help feel if they integrated logistics train network into the game (which they clearly should) It would be unnecessary.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Ltn is probably the closest to logistics bot logic, you set demands at a station and the network looks for stations that provides that and then dispatches a train from a depot to move a to b.

In that regard I personally prefer it though if I do another run soon I may run one of the train mods.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Industrial revolution 3 is fun. My first steam bus is just about to reach the end of its useful life since im just developing out electrical items now. So once its producing the electric asswmblers ajd suchlike time to build a new one.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

K8.0 posted:

If you want real resource misery, just play the truly awful Kill biters for resources. All resource patches are gone, replaced with biter nests. Biters spawn as usual (i.e. by proximity or pollution) and drop 1-3 of their specific resource on death. Note that this is not affected by evolution, which means you are on a strict evolution timer to kill (mostly by punching) your way to flamethrowers before medium biters become common, and nuclear power before big biters show up, or you just lose. And not in the normal Factorio sense where on any sane settings you can find SOME way to get more resources, no, you just lose and the game is over, because you lose resources every time you kill a biter and you can't punch them to death anymore.

Oh boy, this reminds me of early factorio where purple science needed alien artifacts obtained from biter nests. A lot of mods added "mini" artifacts from killing biters so a lot ot people ended up building murder boxes where aliens would spawn from nests, immiediately agro onto a huge square of belts and run into turrets on the edge of the boxes. Obviously the box was sized such that the turrets couldn't hit the biter nests in the centre. The belts would then pull the resources out of the hell box.

This would repeat automatically and forever. Truely a microcosm of human existence. Spawn, run futilely against belts forever, get killed by indifference, your net value is extracted anyway.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I kinda feel like the blast furnace needs to be two buildings. It doesnt look right that its in all in one building that melts and smelts ores and intermediate materials and casts them. Really feels like there should be a smelting furnace the liquid metals and then a separate casting factory that spits out your assembled bits.

Like just for the lava it seems fine but for the others it seems... Off....even for the ones just casting plates.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Jokes aside im expecting some kind of all in one burner power source that runs off lava and calcite so you have something to compete with lava shore space

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Factorio is a solved game, like tic tac toe, or doom. The only thing we can do is iterate strategies for UPS effeciency over megabase speedruns.

- some factorio speedrunner with 20k hours, probably

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Arrath posted:

This just inspired me: diverging diamond rail intersections using elevated rails. :aaaaa:

Grade separation is going to allow some absolutely wild designs

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

KillHour posted:

I heard you degenerates like spaghetti

The fact you managed to screenshot that and have it be understandable means its not real spaghetti, real builds transcend screens and rely on the whimsy of the uncaring gods to function and cannot be comprehended by mortal eyes

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Yeah that makes more sense honestly. Stack inserters not being able to place full stacks seemed incorrect.

Now add fast bulk inserters :getin:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

M_Gargantua posted:

Me sowing: Hahaha this fully autonomous train network will self-resolve all issues on its own! Take that Dosh!

Me reaping: a 1-4 full of Rocket Control Units stuck indefinitely at depot due to a circular interrupt and mis-set priorities.

Honestly looking at the way theyre setting up the system it looks like you will struggle to prevent things picking up items there is no demand for. I can full see 20 trains of rocket control units stuck in a depot forever because there is no way to actually turn the station off.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I suspect gravity will also effect acceleration of trains. More weight means more friction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Factorissimo but train carriages.