Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

DangOreous is another example with a more vanilla experience than Seablock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Xerol posted:

Dangoreus kind of has the opposite of what I'm after (and I've already played way too much of it). I'd like to have a limited amount of starting resources and have to use them to unlock my way to more.

I don't know of any mods like that because they'd basically be efficiency gates where if you wasted too many resources, you'd have to completely restart - potentially dozens or hundreds of hours in. Seablock works because it technically has unlimited resources.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

LonsomeSon posted:

I want to be super clear: “thanks I hate it” from me at least is always intended as a complement

thanks I hate it

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Teledahn posted:

Yes, but aside from that why would you need the specificity of being able to pick the sub-tile spacing? I can figure why one would want near/far if you want to just bypass the positional and arrangement puzzle of the game but I can't think of a reason to allow that specific level of positioning.

Aside from the exceptional madness of a precisely metered multi-inserter to belt sushi shenanigans.

Because the belts can be oriented horizontally or vertically, so you can override left/right separately from top/bottom.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Agreed. Call me a masochist, but I'm doing Py without additional inserters/loaders and except for the insane amount of time involved with unloading trains, it's an interesting problem to figure out how to make use of the giant buildings to squeeze as much inserter throughput as possible.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The obvious effect of gravity is probably difficulty/cost of launching a rocket.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

zedprime posted:

I wish I had more time

New thread title and also the story of my life

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

It should be possible to build a recycler ->assembler ->recycler loop to essentially delete pretty much any kind of garbage. Maybe not ice, but it sounds like that will be a rare resource anyways.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'm going to say it's some kind of bioreactor that does chemical plant-type things, yeah.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Factorio also just has kind of a different feel than Satisfactory. In Satisfactory, if you perfectly balance all the machines, everything kind of flows like water. It encourages messing around with machine speed so everything is perfectly spaced on the belt and nothing ever stops.

Factorio is more like "build more until the input belts are empty or the output belts are full. Then repeat somewhere else." Factorio looks more chaotic. It will never flow like water. Instead, it will be a beautiful Rube Goldberg machine that you'll never fully understand, even though you built it.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I believe it was removed so all you can do is turn the slider down.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I kept cliffs on in Py and 300 hours in, I still don't have the explosives production chain finished.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Someone finally solved sushi belts holy poo poo

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I think it implies it will be used for things other than spidertron.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Half-wit posted:

Probably a minimal performance impact, just track all contents of a belt by inserts onto belt and removal from belt. Deletion of a belt (especially in the middle of a long belt) would probably be where things might have to be re-calculated.

Factorio already tracks belt contents per lane like this for optimization reasons, so it's just exposing it to the circuit network.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

New FFF on how they completely overengineered an entire framework for generating essentially endless combinations of music tracks.

https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-40

Weirdly, they're not using this to do any kind of dynamic reactivity to in-game events, which seems very odd considering how much work it must have been. Their justification is that they would have had to plan the music from the beginning that way, but I don't really buy that.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Apr 19, 2024

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

New Doc Jade video, torturing himself for our amusement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj17aGFp3lM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

He said it at the end when he actually built the silo.