Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I’m learning quickly that rail signals are not coming to me naturally. Anyone have a video they can recommend which explains the basics? The others I’ve seen have been 40m+ and I just need simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I think I got my trains running to a not-broken level. Thanks for the advice all. I'm now setting up bluechips for the next tiers of science, and planning some recon to find a uranium deposit. I've even got a little baby robot setup going which has helped repair all the trains after they spent a few hours bashing into each other.

When I had a week off with COVID I got as far as nuclear power, so this savefile I'd like to do the same, with a long-term goal of rocket launch. It's a much more organised setup (i'm using a bus! kinda) so I don't see it can't happen. Lots of biters showing up now, so I'm probably going to get the tank next and clear out a few nests.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

the inflation explanation makes perfect sense, everything has gone up in price. they also need to keep a stream of income healthy until the DLC launch.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Taffer posted:

Seriously lol

You all own the game, this literally won't affect you. Also you all probably have hundreds of hours, you know the game is worth $35.

This is one of my most-played steam games and it's cheaper than a new ubi/acti game by about half.

Any poster that complains about a $5 increase, provided with a reasonable explanation, should have to post how many hours they have in it.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

he'll figure out direct insertion eventually and it'll be ON

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

goodness posted:

I have discovered direct insertion like y'all mentioned. Got a little messy since I didn't want to make more than one gear factory

great work! Can’t wait to see your other science builds.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Solar power: energy from sunshine
Nuclear: energy from dangerous materials and convoluted systems

Which is more “factorio”? That’s right - using both, poorly.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

celestial teapot posted:

edit: reversed the messages so it's easier to read w/ the attachment

It tiles, but each cell consumes so much raw ore that you can't go very far before you have to weave in more belts.

I'm glad you asked! This is probably my favorite part of the whole base. Behold my solar field: guaranteed not to exceed 110GW! You're looking at I think 3-4 million solar panels plus accumulators to maintain supply at night.

are you loving serious

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

maybe they like the shade :)

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Quality gives me pause too, I am fine with uranium being RNG because it’s one thing and a massive milestone.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Drone_Fragger posted:

\
This would repeat automatically and forever. Truely a microcosm of human existence. Spawn, run futilely against belts forever, get killed by indifference, your net value is extracted anyway.

factorio is a fun game

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Teapot you’re mad

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I have become aware of, and accepting of, the fact that my best efforts in this game amount to “spaghetti branches off a neat bus”

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

i don’t understand how this isn’t a sequel

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

“Factorio but it’s on a train” is some deep factorio poisoning

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Doomykins posted:

The mental image of Factorio guy building multiple processing and orbital junk ejecting facilities for waste products across multiple planets is simply sublime. The "Factorio Guy is the villain" theory turned up to 11 as he exponentionally expands polluting for personal gain operations.

Yes, space is impossibly big but I applaud the spirit of it. Just a half dozen steady streams of debris launched into space as mile high stripes in the sky...

He’s going to be pumping archeological finds into a recycler in the expansion.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Doing nothing for a milestone post is an extremely wube move lol

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

the correct factorio music is having merzbow playing in the background with someone else occasionally raising or lowering the volume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I wonder if this means we’ll have command of the drones. Spidertrons are very late game, and it’d be a shame to keep such features unavailable so long.