Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
I remember how reluctant the devs were to put the game on Steam, claiming it wasn't sufficiently developed yet. It was already well above the norm for most EA games when I started this thread.

On the other hand, the delayed Steam release worked out really well for them, because there was already a huge crowd out there who loved the game and immediately started posting positive reviews the moment it hit Steam.

vOv posted:

I've been killing time by playing heavily modded Minecraft and holy christ it's an incoherent mess. Nothing's documented and there are at least three different somewhat-compatible power systems.
Mojang never delivered on their promised mod API then? Not that the lack of one ever really stopped people from making mods.

Mr. Powers posted:

Space Engineers
Just like Factorio, I really like the concept of having a creative mode where you could design your poo poo, and then you take the blueprints into a survival game and quickly mass-produce them.

By the time I stopped playing Space Engineers it took 6 full minutes to load a multiplayer game. The server would also frequently crash and kick everyone out.

Mr. Powers posted:

because the devs have automated testing
This makes such perfect sense for a game about automation. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

Mr. Powers posted:

This sounds like the words of someone who never needs to kill time without a PC at their side.
Factorio would make a bad poop break game. Unless you want/need to spend hours on the pot.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
Build some automated crossings with circuit networks

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Belts are not expensive

Belts: having too many is never a problem in this game. The only problem is that you don't have them in your inventory when you need them.